• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarahMedz
    how do i do that?
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i'm in Liverpool. what am i going to do!!! if my car breaks so will my heart!!! i love my car!!
      A word with Stevo then (Stockport) might sort your problems.

I'm from Liverpool, though now in Worcester.

<edit> dont rule out the head if the gasket was replaced without a thorough check of the head.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

wow!!! you may aswel as wrote in spanish to me!!
        thanks for the info tho. ive printed it out and will have a read later. i'm not losing coolant either, i'm totally baffled by it!! nothing has changed, it feels and sounds exactly the same. so does that red light mean there could be anything wrong with the engine/electrics? this is really bad isnt it?

Comment

stockport, hey if ur from Liverpool did you ever go to the Leisure Lakes in Southport?

Comment

stockport, hey if ur from Liverpool did you ever go to the Leisure Lakes in Southport?
            Nope. Haven't lived there for 20 odd years, but get up every 3 weeks or so to visit the folks.

Comment

if your def not losing coolant your turbo is going,that will bring the light on!

Comment

wel thank you for all of your help fellow scouser! i'm from Aintree and have only been in Liverpool for 21 years (all my life!) what would you recomend about the red light situation? i hope i can sort it out!!

Comment

does that mean its a gonner?

Comment

no not a goner atall,get a turbo from breakers 50-100 ish,u will know if turbo is going,will use a bit of oil

Comment

i am losing oil aswel!! thort i cracked sumthing on the track tho, coz it started losing oil a while before the light came on.

Comment

the turbo on the surfs are oil cooled aren't they and the main thing that will go is the bearing if there is no oil pressure.This is what happened to my 3l at xmas and it sounded like a tin of nails
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i am losing oil aswel!! thort i cracked sumthing on the track tho, coz it started losing oil a while before the light came on.
                          any idea where the oil is coming out from??
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

mine sounds normal and feels normal. am not sure, its at the front to the left, about a foot away from the tyer, could b coming from anywer tho, its nothin major, only losing a tiny bit.

Comment

That could be a front crank oil seal........is it on the inside of the bash plate

Would recomend a trip to stevo considering your location
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Understandably, there's a lot of guessing going on here. My recommendation is for you to get it over to a garage that knows Surfs, such as Stevo. A member here (Hilux Bob, or is he just 'Bob' now...) is near to you. Might be worth asking him to take a quick look to put your mind at rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X