HELP!! red light!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! red light!!

hi ive got a problem, on the dash of my Hilux SSR-X there is a little red light with a picture of what i think is an engine. is it? and what does it mean if it comes on? it only comes on if i am sitting at thee lights or breaking. i'm worried my beloved Hilux is dieing!! any suggestions??

Originally posted by sarahMedz
    hi ive got a problem, on the dash of my Hilux SSR-X there is a little red light with a picture of what i think is an engine. is it? and what does it mean if it comes on? it only comes on if i am sitting at thee lights or breaking. i'm worried my beloved Hilux is dieing!! any suggestions??
    Read this as it states what light does what

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=Dash+lights

Sorry missread you first post
    Last edited by Woodzie; 18 October 2007, 17:11.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

What model do you have and where is the red light situated ie is it in the rev counter dial?
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Also model would help as in 2nd or 3rd gen ....and better location details would help us to send you to a good surf doctor
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

my red light nightmare!!

thanks 4 all the help!, i'm new to this site so am gettin a bit confused!! am sorry but i havnt got a clue about theis gen stuff altho i can tell u it is a k reg? any help? thanks 4 the info about the warning lights, now i know i've got either an electrical or an engine problem. everything sounds an feels the same tho, it just come on the other day. has any1 any other ideas? also, while i'm talking to people in the know, everytime i start my car from cold i get the biggest cloud of white smoke ive ever seen!! any ideas?

Comment

thanks 4 all the help!, i'm new to this site so am gettin a bit confused!! am sorry but i havnt got a clue about theis gen stuff altho i can tell u it is a k reg? any help? thanks 4 the info about the warning lights, now i know i've got either an electrical or an engine problem. everything sounds an feels the same tho, it just come on the other day. has any1 any other ideas? also, while i'm talking to people in the know, everytime i start my car from cold i get the biggest cloud of white smoke ive ever seen!! any ideas?
            Is it 2.4 litre or 3 litre surely you must know that.
            You still havent said where the light is located.
            White smoke is usually water vapour so may not be a good sigm.
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

At a guess it's a 2.4 .........Are you loosing coolant as well?
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

its a 2.4 the light is next to the turbo light with a pick of an engine next to it, inside the rev counter. i carnt see it being water vapor because ive recently had the head gasket done, about 9 months ago.

Comment

its a 2.4 the light is next to the turbo light with a pick of an engine next to it, inside the rev counter. i carnt see it being water vapor because ive recently had the head gasket done, about 9 months ago.
                  does it suffer from loss of power or lumpyness when driving.when starting up is this the only time you get a cloud of white smoke.???get a coolant test done.i.e for a cracked head.
                  Last edited by surfenstein; 18 October 2007, 17:56.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

It's the 'find mud now' light.

At a guess you dont take it offroad. You should immediately, before the damage is irreversible.

(Seriously, the white smoke sounds a bit ominous, might be worth getting the head checked out)
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you are near Hampshire , i would recomend a vist to tony...........

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

of course i take it off road!!! nothing better than trying to get 1oo% of your Surf covered with mud!! hehe!! its sluggish wen i first start it but after 5 mins it goes ok, ive had it 4 a year now and there has always been smoke wen i first start it up but after that its fine, the red light on the other hand only happened 2 days ago. i'm terrified 2 drive it incase i do more damage.

Comment

[QUOTE=sarahMedz]its a 2.4 the light is next to the turbo light with a pick of an engine next to it, inside the rev counter. i carnt see it being water vapor because ive recently had the head gasket done, about 9 months ago.[/QUOTE

I presume that will be the engine check light and it will probably be a sensor .
                          you can do a diagnostic check try a search for diagnostic codes
                          Trust your Hound.

Comment

i'm in Liverpool. what am i going to do!!! if my car breaks so will my heart!!! i love my car!!

Comment

how do i do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X