Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dublin
    No full lock, yes and no. Flatlands and roads no problem, rough terrian and steep angle inclines just a slight bit of rub on the plastic inner fenders. Helps keep the mud off the tires and buffs out the wheel wells .
    body/suspension lift in the pipeline?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

2" suspension lift in the near future, arb air lockers as well. The rigs got 238,000 miles on her, no major problems. Tranny rebuilt at 198,000 for $750 US, head gasket at 187,000 under recall and steering relay rod under recall with a free alignment and idler arm (dealership broke it). Thats the most I've put into her aside from regular maintenance, not counting mods.

Comment

2" suspension lift in the near future, arb air lockers as well. The rigs got 238,000 miles on her, no major problems. Tranny rebuilt at 198,000 for $750 US, head gasket at 187,000 under recall and steering relay rod under recall with a free alignment and idler arm (dealership broke it). Thats the most I've put into her aside from regular maintenance, not counting mods.
        not bad for 238,000 miles m8...just goes to show ya these motors keep on trucking....
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

welcome dude,

watch out for hungry hippo's

(are you home yet trev)
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Greetings from across the pond. Just dropped by to check out the Hilux's and Surf's. Wish we had them in the states, I'd love to have a diesel to replace my 3.Slow. Here's a pic of my daily driver

Hope it's ok for a left hand drive rig owner to hang out here for a bit.
            Hi and welcome, very nice looking truck, like the visor
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

welcome mate would tell you that your truck is nice but everyone as already told you that so whats the weather like ??
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                welcome mate would tell you that your truck is nice but everyone as already told you that so whats the weather like ??
                the weather likes to pi55 it down in summer, ruining everyones bl00dy bbq's....that's what the weather flippin' likes....
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

88 degrees and sunny, thanks for asking Dave....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                    88 degrees and sunny, thanks for asking Dave....

tanning up for your 3rd gen andy
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

tanning up for your 3rd gen andy

Yeah - getting the settings right for the mobile salon - all I need to do now is pick out the curlers I want installing and a few samples for the nail bar, then I'm all set!

Comment

Weathers nice today 84F, tomorrow and the rest of the week brings 50F. As for mudSurfer, pick out your piercings they are all the rage at the best salons. Thanks again for the kind words all, here's a couple more pics of my wifes rival.

Yah I know the steering is on the wrong side, but we drive on the wrong side anyways.

Comment

Yah I know the steering is on the wrong side, but we drive on the wrong side anyways.
                          I think there is a kit you can get that will fix that.....

Comment

is it a v6 or a v8? i read in a book about how you in the usa have v8 versions of what we use? i cant make out if its a v6 or v8 sign on the front.
                            nice truck
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                              is it a v6 or a v8? i read in a book about how you in the usa have v8 versions of what we use? i cant make out if its a v6 or v8 sign on the front.
                              nice truck
                              6, in the engine bay pic you can clearly see three HT leads going straight across the engine bay to the cylinders on t'other side
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Hi there and a belated “welcome” from one of the very few people in the UK who actually owns a V6 model….. many of the members here will never have seen the V6 petrol engine so it is no wonder they are confused

Very nice truck you have there mate

I know these are called the 3 Slow over in the US and compared to the big V8 trucks you have over there, then it may be true…..but certainly not over here! The V6 is the quickest and most powerful of all the production Surfs. Mine is a 1994 model and it can still leave a lot of new trucks standing…

I’m not sure why you would want a stinky, noisy, slow diesel when petrol (gas) is so cheap in the US.

Mines in the workshop today having a new exhaust and steering idler fitted… so hope to have it back this evening.
                                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                                X