Angry As Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattF
    They really are few and far between. Can't remember the last time I saw a company/business that doesn't class engineers as a necessary evil and nowt else. Most of the engineers I know over this way have either retired or gone into completely different areas, workwise, now.

Glad to hear the new place is old style. You've dropped on well by the sounds of it.
    Thats why I got out . Sorry I know it was a few pages back but still reading through .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

• you can set up your own Ltd company... an Umbrella Co. just run that for you and take a charge for it.

you can't work self employed as a contractor if you're working at the same place for over 6 months, so set up a Ltd company and you work for that company, which is in turn doing the contracting.

with the 40p per mile tax allowance, you don't get the 40p... you get it deductable from your tax. i.e. you get 8.8p more in your net pay.

you also have to claim for washing work clothes £4.40 per day (£2.20 per item)

claim for business calls, tools,

meals £5 per meal... over 10 hours you get 2 meals and overnight you get 3 meals.

who is charging you for the sim card???
      just use your own phone and claim expenses on business calls.

on £1000 a month i think you'd be better off being employed though... thought of a move to McDonalds for higher pay??
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
      X