X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nellington
    Anyone know if these will be any good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x4-hubcentric...QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry for asking so many questions. Someone ask me something!!

Those are bad, you tell by the price for starters. Proper spacers are around 100 quid a pair.

Comment

Cheers!! Buy cheap, buy twice.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Those are bad, you tell by the price for starters. Proper spacers are around 100 quid a pair.

Comment

Think it more a case of 'buy cheap - wheel fall off - buy new truck' with some of the cheap spacers.

Those ones are £50 A PAIR though Vince, which puts them on par with decent ones, and they dont look like cheapo 'universal' ones.

Personally though, something as safety critical as that, I'd rather buy from a source I'm sure of such as Roughtrax, Tony or Supertrux
        Last edited by Apache; 23 September 2007, 23:30.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
          Cheers!! Buy cheap, buy twice.
          Hold everything, I just had a look at the LA Supertrux and Roughtrax spacers, and they look the same as the E-bay ones, same price for a pair too, my mistake.

Wider wheels or bigger off-set are safer though.

Comment

Can you do both? or is that too much ( just curious)
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Can you do both? or is that too much ( just curious)
              No reason you cant do both, tho you'll need some arch extensions, i reversed the rims on my three peice splits and the tyres are sticking out about an inch, thats after removeing the spacers, (thought about em with the spacers as well, but a bit too much stick out i think)
              Attached Files
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If i have to take my wheels off for brake replacement etc. I always check to see they are tight.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Hold everything, I just had a look at the LA Supertrux and Roughtrax spacers, and they look the same as the E-bay ones, same price for a pair too, my mistake.

I told everyone that halfway down the last page!!

Wider wheels/bigger offset vs spacers make no difference to safety, the bearings have the same load on them wether you move the edge of the wheel out by fitting bigger wheels with bigger offset, or fitting wheel spacers.

The only way of keeping the same load on the bearing with wider wheels is to get them with 0 or very little offset, but then they hit the wishbones and chassis rails.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    I told everyone that halfway down the last page!!

Wider wheels/bigger offset vs spacers make no difference to safety, the bearings have the same load on them wether you move the edge of the wheel out by fitting bigger wheels with bigger offset, or fitting wheel spacers.

The only way of keeping the same load on the bearing with wider wheels is to get them with 0 or very little offset, but then they hit the wishbones and chassis rails.

Comment

Working...
                    X