Nicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    if you're gonna go for that you might aswell hardwire an old phone in, somewhere hidden away up under the dash or behind the trim in the boot would be an interesting one, thieves aint used to things at the rear of the motor, alarms are always behind the dash/kick panels/centre console or under the bonnet. Then register it to something like http://www.followus.co.uk/index.html, an old nokia with the keypad removed would be great as none of the buttons would be able to be pressed, tape up the button holes on the fascia to limit the amount of dust that get's in.
    god what a excellent idea! with a pay as you go sim, and a charge constantly on it will last forever. i have a 6110 in my loft thats doing nothing. with a handsfree connected you could also have it on auto-answer so you can ring it and hear them!

the only thing is, you would need to cut the end of the plug off to adapt it to the 12v power supply from the surf. and would a 2 or 3v supply at constant be too much of a drain on the batteries. if so then may be some sort of ignition on only supply would be fine, but then again when these nokias are overcharged their battery life diminishes. although they used to last about 8 days for me. not sure about now though.
    wonder if a circuit can be made up via the charge socket to measure voltage and when it drops it can sense this and switch it over to charging? looks like ill have to get to work when i come back from holiday. i love this sort of thing
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
    X