Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    no not yet but hoping that they will be on saturday tho
    i know you have to grind out the lip on the rear of the top arm.(behind the ball joint)and i know the spacers will fit coz they are the same size as the ball joints.did you trial fit a spacer to see if it will go in the space???
    Last edited by surfenstein; 12 July 2007, 23:09.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      i know you have to grind out the lip on the rear of the top arm.and i know the spacers will fit coz they are the same size as the ball joints.did you trial fit a spacer to see if it will go in the space???
      Yea Will was grinding a bit by bit and then checking to see if the spacer fits until we got it right.But we couldn't get enough gap between the 2 wishbones to get the spacer and b/joint back in so i need to take the brake line and shock off so the lower wishbone drops a bit more in order to fit the spacers
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i found it interesting to do the spacers only went down to see bout slacking off the bolts so they loose for sat not mechanically minded but im amazed at it all. thought we would try while i was down there but we will get them done on sat

Comment

Yea Will was grinding a bit by bit and then checking to see if the spacer fits until we got it right.But we couldn't get enough gap between the 2 wishbones to get the spacer and b/joint back in so i need to take the brake line and shock off so the lower wishbone drops a bit more in order to fit the spacers
          (wipes sweat from forehead) thank god for that i though you couldnt get them to fit coz the spacer was machined wrong.thats a relief.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            i found it interesting to do the spacers only went down to see bout slacking off the bolts so they loose for sat not mechanically minded but im amazed at it all. thought we would try while i was down there but we will get them done on sat
            pmsl.glad you slackened them off and not richard god knows what he might of snapped otherwise.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

(wipes sweat from forehead) thank god for that i though you couldnt get them to fit coz the spacer was machined wrong.thats a relief.
              i hope that by taking the shock off and the brake line that that will give enough space to fit them but i will do a bit of a write up and post a couple of pics once its all done

Comment

no it will fit like stormy said i took off bit by bit but i think it the top section we had probs lifting but rich thinks we need to take brake pipe etc off the lower the lower wishbone hope i said that right like i said im not mechanically minded
                Last edited by pirate-storm; 12 July 2007, 23:22.

Comment

i hope that by taking the shock off and the brake line that that will give enough space to fit them but i will do a bit of a write up and post a couple of pics once its all done
                  ok mate i'll give you a buzz on saturday to see how you got on.ive got woodzie and joker here with me on sat,should be fun.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

pmsl.glad you slackened them off and not richard god knows what he might of snapped otherwise.
                    im always scared im going to do that knowing only to well i will one day but more likey on mine

Comment

ok mate i'll give you a buzz on saturday to see how you got on.ive got woodzie and joker here with me on sat,should be fun.
                      that will be fun then...lol

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        If your fitting Landcruiser springs with your 2" bodylift, you'll need a extended rear brake line too.
                        Not according to my truck you dont...
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Not according to my truck you dont...

Oh yeah, ignore my last post Amit.

Comment

Working...
                          X