Steering recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UDTrev
    I put a fiver's worth in, did just over 80 mile in the heap and returned it with more than when I got it
    lolol
    i used to drive the company 1.5 diesel corsa. 20 quid lasted over 2 weeks!
    right now, a score lasts a few days
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Well according to the link early on in this thread my surf should be due for the steering recall, but I had a call from Toyota GB today saying the info they had back from Toyota Europe/Japan saying it's not.
      I told them that I'd beg to differ seeing as how the info on the net says it is and that many people having the same model as me have already had it done, they re-iterated that this was not the info they had so now it's going to be down to me to fight it out with Toyota Japan.....
      Oh joy yet one more headache to deal with, I can hardly wait to learn some Japanese swear words, does anyone want to get me started with ones they already know????
      Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

Comment

I think if you mention Hiroshima, you'd probably get the phone slammed down on you!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by L3Mm1n6
          Well according to the link early on in this thread my surf should be due for the steering recall, but I had a call from Toyota GB today saying the info they had back from Toyota Europe/Japan saying it's not.
          I told them that I'd beg to differ seeing as how the info on the net says it is and that many people having the same model as me have already had it done, they re-iterated that this was not the info they had so now it's going to be down to me to fight it out with Toyota Japan.....
          Oh joy yet one more headache to deal with, I can hardly wait to learn some Japanese swear words, does anyone want to get me started with ones they already know????
          Doug,

2 questions:

1) What's your chassis number ?
          2) Could the previous owner have had the recall done ?

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

They still havent come back to me yet.. its been a week now and not a word.
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              I think if you mention Hiroshima, you'd probably get the phone slammed down on you!
              Does that mean the liberal use of the word "Nagasaki" is acceptable?

Comment

Doug,

2 questions:

1) What's your chassis number ?
                2) Could the previous owner have had the recall done ?

Trev
                1) LN1300074000
                2) Don't know, they just said it wasn't included in the recall and nothing about wether it had been done in the past.
                Doug.

Comment

Yeah ive not had any info back yet!!

Comment

1) LN1300074000
                    2) Don't know, they just said it wasn't included in the recall and nothing about wether it had been done in the past.
                    Doug.
                    From what I can see you should be on the list, if you got to Post 53 on Page 6 there is an email address for a different approach (Toyota Europe)

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

From what I can see you should be on the list, if you got to Post 53 on Page 6 there is an email address for a different approach (Toyota Europe)

Trev
                      Thanks for that Trev, Toyota GB are sending me a letter outlining the conversation I had with them today plus contact details for Toyota Japan so I'll try that first and see where it goes, then I'll head for post 53 if they suddenly decide they don't speaky Engrish.

Comment

i just walked into the dealer, and they wanted to do the job as they get paid for it by toyota. and they washed the truck when they had finished (THE $$$$$$$S!!)
                        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Thanks for that Trev, Toyota GB are sending me a letter outlining the conversation I had with them today plus contact details for Toyota Japan so I'll try that first and see where it goes, then I'll head for post 53 if they suddenly decide they don't speaky Engrish.
                          In his best "Benny Hill" Why you no risten?
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i had a letter from toyota yesterday that said they couldnt find my car details from the information i had given!
                            so i took a picture of the chassis tag and attatched it to an email, and i wrote what i had done, and i typed out the numbers. may be they had took it down wrong when i told them over the phone.
                            got to wait 3 days for a reply to that email now :|
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I wrote to Toyota GB with my chassis No. It took them 3 weeks to check with toyota japan "just in case the re-call was done there".

It turned out it hadn't and they even gave me the contact number of the nearest service centre. It then went all pear-shaped, 'cos the service centre was new they hadn't been given the recall info. Any way a local toyota stealership did it, no car, not goodies, no fuel, just a 2nd rate wash, they didn't even give me the results of the safety check.

Any stealer who tells you your truck is not covered because it's an import is wrong, it's a safety issue and as such toyota have a responsiblity to rectify it.

Toyota GB couldn't help me enough, and to be honest the service centre was also as helpful as he could be, it was the stealership that the 2nd rate service came from
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Just wait til you get the diesel Yaris as a loaner
                                you had a diesel Yaris, I'm jealous. When I got mine done at Westover's in Bournemouth, they gave me 898cc 3 cylinder petrol Yaris. Was fun having fun with the fuel economy computer though. Got it to read 18mpg for a while
                                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                                X