No announcement yet.

Bl@@dy biker.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO where are the GIVEWAY signs on Motorway sliproads !!!
    Oh so that's why they don't slow down when ajoining the Motorway coz it causes everyone else to STOP on the Motorway instead !!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
      SO where are the GIVEWAY signs on Motorway sliproads !!!
      Oh so that's why they don't slow down when ajoining the Motorway coz it causes everyone else to STOP on the Motorway instead !!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Erm, I might be wrong but mibi thats them stop / start white lines you run over. Surfs pay top road tax so we make the rules and ignore petty road signs, bikers are the law beyond cage driving FFS we can ride in bus lanes now and slap BIG mirrors (thats new )

Comment

In the same way that I like to enjoy my vehicles, and accept and acknowledge that offroad driving is potentially dangerous, it's a case of risk management. In my previous life as what everyone would probably call a 'boy racer', i did race on occasion, and knew that it was dangerous not only from a safety point of view but from a keeping my license point of view, my job depended on my license, and i knew if i went to court for driving offences they would throw the book at me being as i was, a bus driver. When the risks outweighed the buzz i moved on and found offroading. Yes i can look back now and think of many many times when i was reckless and/or dangerous, and i'm sure in a few years time i'll look back on my life now and know i made mistakes.

But in the same way that i still like to enjoy my vehicle, i respect that bikers also want to enjoy their bikes. Some people like sports bikes, some people like dirt bikes, tourers, pan europeans etc etc etc. each has their upsides and downsides. I have seen in the 5 years as a bus driver 3 notable accidents involving bikes, one was deemed the bikers fault as no other vehicles involved, and unfortunately the biker paid the price with his life, speeding on a dual carriageway on a clear hot spring day a year ago last week, round a sliproad as he came off the sliproad he appeared to catch a manhole and lost control of the bike, dropped down too far and appeared not to be able to bring the bike back up before he caught the kerb and highsided into the central crash barrier.

The 2nd was a bike travelling slowly behind a car round a roundabout about dusk with lights on, car driver coming onto the roundabout gave way to the car, didn't see the bike, pulls out bike can't stop intime and skids at only about 5-10mph into the cars front wing can't hold the bike up and topples, bike comes down on him, biker sustained spinal and severe leg injuries, car had small dent a tyre scuffs on front wing driver + passenger unharmed.

The 3rd wrote off both car and bike when the car driver failed to give way to the bike at a tee junction, biker over bonnet of car, bike - in 2 pieces, car - front wing, drivers door + window, windscreen, bonnet, and a pillar damaged. Never heard of the biker's injuries or if he survived was conscious at the scene, car driver - shaken but not hurt.

Lost track of where i was going with this, but yeah, i empathise with bikers who can speed in relative safety in places, but all too often it's in these very places where the police/government try to stop them, forcing them to ride on roads which maybe aren't as suitable for them to 'enjoy'. In the same way as offroaders are being forced to use less and less greenlanes, = overuse on the ones we can use = more environmental damage = bad reputation = more lanes close = more $$$$ed off driver's who tbh begin not to give a $h1t if they damage lanes because if they weren't doing it they'd still get the blame anyway.

I think, where i was going with the accidents is that only 1 of the 3 was in anyway down to the biker, the biker paid the price. The other 2 were down to car drivers, who suffered very little if at all as a consequence, neither driver as far as i know was prosecuted, yet both had failed to give way, and caused accidents, therefore were in my opinion guilty of at least reckless if not dangerous driving.

If i see a bike filtering or following me, i give them room to overtake if it's safe, as they can maintain better progress safely than any car in almost any situation, why hold them up? but then if i see traffic of any sort building up behind me and I can't maintain good progress for any reason i'll try and let them pass. Just wish tractors, buses etc would do the same sometimes. People just being downright stupid or reckless pi$$ me off whatever vehicle they drive, i'm sure i have annoyed other people. I had a bike right up my ar$e a few years back, totally unneccessarily in traffic, could have overtaken but didn't and after he started to rev his KMX 125 style dirt bike up front wheel resting against my bumper i did stop a bit sharpish when the traffic started moving again. Stupid on my part, probably, but he had been taking the $$$$, end result -tyre scuff on my bumper and a $$$$er sign when he eventually did pass me. I also had a new defender try to come across me as we pulled away from traffic lights, i was in the middle lane, transit in the left, landy in the right lane, as we pulled away landy tries to pull into middle lane, i held my course as best i could horn and lights flashed and travelled down the road sharing my lane with the landy until he gave up and pulled out and back in behind me with the obligatory 2 finger salute. End result no harm done, exchange of horns, flashing lights, and various hand and verbal signals.

Sorry gone way off track now if you're still awake, i don't think i am. Whatever vehicle people drive/ride, if they do it sensibly when it affects other's i don't care, if their driving pi$$es people off and makes them angry they gotta expect cosequenses, reactions, accidents or whatever. If they want to enjoy their vehicles and they manage and assess the risk to themselve properly, and it's not going to affect or upset other's then fair play to them.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
          Blocking bikes is nowt worse than stupid and a bust mirror is at least fair play.
          Fair point in a jam but in roadworks where the traffic is moving at the 40 limit with no overtaking signs all over the place then the biker is clearly in the wrong. No one's commented on the bikers failure to stop at an accident. Would the bikers here just drive off after causing £300 of damage to someone else's vehicle?

Dave

Comment

Someone mention food, Freds coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
              Fair point in a jam but in roadworks where the traffic is moving at the 40 limit with no overtaking signs all over the place then the biker is clearly in the wrong. No one's commented on the bikers failure to stop at an accident. Would the bikers here just drive off after causing £300 of damage to someone else's vehicle?

Dave
              Maybe they didn't realise the damage they had caused? It takes a fair whack to knock a mirror off. I have clipped a mirror before, no damage to car but I nearly came off due to the sudden movement of the bars.
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

This'll teach him
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

If a biker hits your mirror it is rarley an accident, he or she done it 'cause you moved into their path.

It dont matter how many no overtaking signs there were NOBODY has the right to try and force a biker into oncoming traffic and until bikers have the right to carry handguns £300 will have to do.

Comment

If a biker hits your mirror it is rarley an accident, he or she done it 'cause you moved into their path.

It dont matter how many no overtaking signs there were NOBODY has the right to try and force a biker into oncoming traffic and until bikers have the right to carry handguns £300 will have to do.
                    But why would the biker be overtaking if there are loads of no overtaking signs about???
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

It don't matter how many no overtaking signs there were NOBODY has the right to try and force a biker into oncoming traffic and until bikers have the right to carry handguns £300 will have to do.
                      What a load of f@cking twaddle you have just spouted. I was in a coned lane hence no oncoming traffic. No overtaking means just that or are bikers immune from that as well? I've no hassle for bikers but any driver of a vehicle that disobeys the law and damages another lawful driver deserves the book to be thrown at them.

Your attitude seems to argue bikers are a breed above the rest of us. Well b@llocks. The law of the road is the law of the road and damaging another persons private property whilst breaking the law stinks.

No wonder bikers are seen as the scum of the roads when this attitude prevails amongst them.

Dave

Comment

What a load of f@cking twaddle you have just spouted. I was in a coned lane hence no oncoming traffic. No overtaking means just that or are bikers immune from that as well? I've no hassle for bikers but any driver of a vehicle that disobeys the law and damages another lawful driver deserves the book to be thrown at them.

Your attitude seems to argue bikers are a breed above the rest of us. Well b@llocks. The law of the road is the law of the road and damaging another persons private property whilst breaking the law stinks.

No wonder bikers are seen as the scum of the roads when this attitude prevails amongst them.

Dave
                        Not sure who's the worst in scum of the roads view as far as joe public are concerned. Bikers or "gas guzzling" 4X4's. Boy am I lucky - I fit into both camps!!!
                        My other cars a QUAD
                        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Sorry to hear about yer mirror the lad should have stopped. unless you frightened him with a load of rude gesticulating. Any way so far as the legal position goes.

The courts don't recognise compensation for any damages in other words the lad can get fined but you don't see a penny.

That is the unfortunate thing about Road traffic. Also the polis won't prosecute on strength of 1 witness. I wish you luck. Maybe they will speak to the prat and he will pay up but I doubt it.

Can you get a mirror from here, from one of the trucks being broken up must be a cheaper way than £300 squid.

Cheers JB
                          Last edited by Highlander1; 4 April 2007, 22:57. Reason: mis spelling
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

i got a mirror for sale £15 +P+P

Comment

Dave

Ok so you saw the "scum" coming and decided to force the law by going wide. You got slapped for trying to kill someone, the police see anti bike attitude like this every day so expect this back in your face if the biker complains.

Comment

Ok so you saw the "scum" coming and decided to force the law by going wide. You got slapped for trying to kill someone, the police see anti bike attitude like this every day so expect this back in your face if the biker complains.

Your doing a great job of making yourself look stupid.

Try reading the posts which contain the facts of the event.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X