double road tax!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolsv650
    Somthing is wrong in that report........

They have missed out 4x4

You don't think they have got the message do you?
    Look at the very bottom where it invites you to comment.

Comment

What is the panic? It is only going to affect late model 3rd Gens and newer trucks.

Went to tax mine last year when I bought it thinking it was going to be expensive….
      Turned out to be the same price as my Dad’s VW Passat @ £175.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
        Look at the very bottom where it invites you to comment.
        I did at lunchtime!!! guess who YET AGAIN is off the xmas card list - yep I also complained of biased reporting - funny but the invite has changed now !!

It's hard to be loved by the BBC
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

We can all rest easy knowing that Gordon wont be prime minister because the loont new-liarbour wont be around after the next election.

Bring back Maggie! At least she wouldn't be pushed around by the euronutters and ecocrackpots.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Bring back Maggie! At least she wouldn't be pushed around by the euronutters and ecocrackpots.
            Bugga Maggie - BRING BACK GUY FAWKES
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I was under the impression that this extortionate rate for road tax is only going to effect NEW cars.
              Powered by ????

Comment

I sent one scathing reply regarding the BBC's unfair portrayal of 4x4's and another asking them to investigate the emissions of ALL cars and make a comparrison.

They could determin tax costs on the emission results of the previous MOT although that would be a logistical nightmare, and probably cost more to enforce than the revenue it raises.

Just one point is that my 2.5 litre TDI 3 ton van is cheaper to tax than my mums 1.6 dewoo, and mrs Bob's 1.5 diesel cleo only cost £50.00 to tax for a year.

As I have said before ( and to the BBC just now) this new tax hike has nothing to do with being "green" or saving the planet, it's purley a scheme to raise revenue and tax those who can least afford it.

Lets face it if you can afford a £60,000.00 range rover as a second car then £400 road tax ain't gonna hurt much is it?
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  I sent one scathing reply regarding the BBC's unfair portrayal of 4x4's and another asking them to investigate the emissions of ALL cars and make a comparrison.

They could determin tax costs on the emission results of the previous MOT although that would be a logistical nightmare, and probably cost more to enforce than the revenue it raises.

Just one point is that my 2.5 litre TDI 3 ton van is cheaper to tax than my mums 1.6 dewoo, and mrs Bob's 1.5 diesel cleo only cost £50.00 to tax for a year.

As I have said before ( and to the BBC just now) this new tax hike has nothing to do with being "green" or saving the planet, it's purley a scheme to raise revenue and tax those who can least afford it.

Lets face it if you can afford a £60,000.00 range rover as a second car then £400 road tax ain't gonna hurt much is it?

I just made that exact same point to my cousin! If your happy to pay the money for a range rover sport, no fuel price or tax hike is going to worry you!! Unless your thinking of selling one soon!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

bump
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                      i don't think it will affect cars below say 2.5, so us 2.4td owners are in the clear.......but as for you 3.0l lot well, instant castration
                      Is this gospel, as far as we know? I think I'm likely to get castrated too otherwise!!!
                      WHISKEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moono
                        Is this gospel, as far as we know? I think I'm likely to get castrated too otherwise!!!
                        The current position is that cars first registered before 2001 are taxed on their engine size. up to 1499cc is £110.00 everything else is £175.

After that cars were taxed on their CO2 emissions starting at nil for somthing without an engine (so to speak) up to £225 for the £60,000 range rover (for example). I agree with the previous post, If I can afford a £60,000 range rover as a 2nd car £400 wouldn't bother me..... come to think of it neither would £2000!

Gordon could change the rules if he wanted to.... but I think he keep to the existing rules.

It pains me to say it, particuarly as a trade unionist, But I think Apache was right.... Maggie might well be a better choice now!
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

So how does this effect those of us (fine people) who drive imported vehicles which, although made well before 2001, were registered in THIS country after 2001? Are we taxed on engine size or emissions?
                          WHISKEY!!!

Comment

It is the date first registered that matters - wherever it was registered. Mine was imported in 2005, and the date of first registration is markd down as 1996.
                            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

"Kiss my face!"

WHISKEY!!!

Comment

My UK registration certificate says private/light goods and nothing for the Exhaust emissions bit V.1. All being well I'll only pay £175 ( plus inflation ).

Apparently a 747 trip to the USA and back emits the same co2 as a Range Rover does in 12 months !! Obvoiusly it's politically correct to bash 4x4 drivers and do nothing about air travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X