double road tax!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double road tax!!!

maybe a flash in the pan as the last budget.
    obviously no consessions for us folk who run on veg oil.
    hemarroids up on him....thats the least he deserves

yeah just read that - it wont affect older cars but that sucks for other with newer 4x4's!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It's here for those whom have not seen it yet....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6464783.stm

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        it wont affect older cars
        Older vehicles have no banding for their emissions, so how will road tax on, for example, an old 2.4 Surf be calculated?

Will the old engine-size bandings remain for older cars?

Comment

What you lot are forgetting is that under labours guidance, we will be one of the greenest countries in the western world!

We wont have any industry left, no transport infrastructure, the roads of a third world nation, the economy of Argentina etc... but hey... we'll be 'green' whatever the f*ck that means!!!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            What you lot are forgetting is that under labours guidance, we will be one of the greenest countries in the western world!

We wont have any industry left, no transport infrastructure, the roads of a third world nation, the economy of Argentina etc... but hey... we'll be 'green' whatever the f*ck that means!!!

I think we've already got the roads!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              It's here for those whom have not seen it yet....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6464783.stm
              Somthing is wrong in that report........

They have missed out 4x4

You don't think they have got the message do you?

As with the older vehicles, I think they would have a hard time finding out the Co2 data, they couldn't sample an old vehicle as there would be descrepacies from the engine wear

New Labour.... New ways to tax us to death more like
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                Somthing is wrong in that report........
                They have missed out 4x4
                You don't think they have got the message do you?
                hehe, I thought that as well, even Radio 1 News said gas guzzling CARS this morning....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ITV news said this morning gas guzzlers, but then continued by saying sports cars, 4x4s and other large cars. The budget shouldn't be too bad as Gordon Brown will want to butter up the public to help take over Tony Blair's job.
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

BBC morning news stated about the tax and guess what!

nearly every video image had a 4x4 driving in or out of the picture!

C'mon they need to pay for their traffic monitoring scheme somehow
                    Gaz

Comment

front page of the sun says 4x4 taxe to rise to £450 a year who else wants a cell reserved in there local nick because i will be going to prison rather than pay that
                      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                        front page of the sun says 4x4 taxe to rise to £450 a year who else wants a cell reserved in there local nick because i will be going to prison rather than pay that
                        I've just been on a partrol of my domain this moning (posh words for walking around the estate), and spotted a Land Rover Discovery who's tax had expired, so why don't the government just admit it, "we want to raise tax to cover the loss of the ones that don't tax their vehicles!"
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Hold on a minute...

Most of the Surfs and other Jap imports had to pass an emissions test to be allowed into the UK, and every subsequent MOT test after they have had to pass a similar test, so what the F*^k is G. Brown esquire on about. Fact total screwed.....again, typical of the sicofantic $$$$.

Buses chuck out loads of black smoke...which is unburnt diesel...so do a lot of builders trucks that look as though they are only fit for the breakers. What about old 2 Jags, oh and Herr Blairs limousine...not the most fuel efficient way to cross the road.....

Buses tend to clogg up the roads especially when they meet even the smallest of inclines; slowing every one down to a crawl. Then when they get to level ground take an eternity to accelerate, whilst belching out as much rubbish as old 2 Jags.

Most of the large MPV's use more fuel than a Surf or a Shogun, and by the way these (our) vehicles came from a country that has far stricter emission laws than Brown and Blair could dream up....so pick on some other poor saps.
                          Last edited by The Mechanic; 19 March 2007, 14:45.

Comment

i don't think it will affect cars below say 2.5, so us 2.4td owners are in the clear.......but as for you 3.0l lot well, instant castration
                            The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                              great avatar kiowa
                              The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                              X