Thieving B'stards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom 18
    Oh i do know they were travellers. I caught them on my property enough times only to be told in an irish accent they thought it was a public foot path or asked do you have any s$$$$ metal. Who else steals horses caravans and milk churns to name but a few things I have lost.
    Well, I can't really argue with that. I was talking more about the assumptions being made and the words used in this thread as a whole.

As I have said before, there are immigrants, muslims, possibly even travellers who are members of this forum. We all sit around saying what great friendly people we are whilst spouting bigotted nonsense about them all being criminals and scum and foreign c**ts.

If people are having stuff stolen etc, by all means vent but I (and I'm sure the immigrant and muslim members of the forum) would appreciate it if people could not make assumptions about who did it and then generalisations about whole groups of people which are largely unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      Well, I can't really argue with that. I was talking more about the assumptions being made and the words used in this thread as a whole.

As I have said before, there are immigrants, muslims, possibly even travellers who are members of this forum. We all sit around saying what great friendly people we are whilst spouting bigotted nonsense about them all being criminals and scum and foreign c**ts.

If people are having stuff stolen etc, by all means vent but I (and I'm sure the immigrant and muslim members of the forum) would appreciate it if people could not make assumptions about who did it and then generalisations about whole groups of people which are largely unfair.
      Point well made, but if you said this about a week or so after the event, he'd probably agree with you, but i think he's annoyed somewhat at the moment at the fact someone has nicked what was not rightfully theirs and has taken him time and effort to collect. We all say things that should be kept to ourselves at times. A thieving ba$tard is a thieving ba$tard, foreign or not.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

And it all started like this " The Eastern European looking guy" No other evidence as to his origins presented. Based on an assumption we all suddenly start eastern european bashing. Lets face it, nobody likes being stolen from, but this thread has turned into something pretty shameful.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
          And it all started like this " The Eastern European looking guy" No other evidence as to his origins presented. Based on an assumption we all suddenly start eastern european bashing. Lets face it, nobody likes being stolen from, but this thread has turned into something pretty shameful.

Bogus
          As do most threads when the subject is raised. I'm sure the percentage of thieving scumbags vs average people that are immigrants is similar to the indigious population.

Joe public loves a scapegoat for societies ills.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Would you tell me please where you get your rose tinted glasses from? Japanese, hard working discipined individuals who have turned there country around from nothing to where it is today. In contrast Eastern Europeans rely on EU subsidies and expect hand outs as if it is their god given right. Then, as a measure of thanks and appreciation, enter Britain, work illegally and undercut the recognised rate for employment.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
              Would you tell me please where you get your rose tinted glasses from? Japanese, hard working discipined individuals who have turned there country around from nothing to where it is today. In contrast Eastern Europeans rely on EU subsidies and expect hand outs as if it is their god given right. Then, as a measure of thanks and appreciation, enter Britain, work illegally and undercut the recognised rate for employment.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
              If we're really going to get into this.....

Japan's economy was turned around partly by their hard work, discipline etc but also in no small measure by the efforts of the international community, particularly the US, to reoncstruct the economy after the war. There is an argument that it was a response to the growing 'threat' of communism in the east and a desire to establish a capitalist power, but that's beside the point. The point is that they got to where they are partly through subsidies and hand outs.

If we're talking about thanks, you may also wish to consider the debt that this country owes to Poland for their contribution in WWII, particularly the airmen that fought during the Battle of Britain. All the racists and xenophobes out there would do well to remember the same nation that is now supposedly 'invading' our country is the one that arguably made the biggest contribution to it actually not happening 60 years ago.

There is no 'recognised rate for employment'. There is a minimum wage and there is a market rate. If you mean undercutting the market rate, that goes hand in hand with cheap eastern european stuff in Aldi on ebay etc etc. It's called economics.

As Tony said, the British public loves a scapegoat and, as I've said before, it only takes a rudimentary knowledge of history to know that Chinese, Jews, West Indians, Africans, Indians, Bangladeshis and Albanians have all had their turn.

Despite what it might say in the Mail and the Star, the country is not going to the dogs, we are not being invaded by foreigners, there is not a tidal wave of crime and nothing bad has happened.

Things might not seem to be as good as they were when you were a kid. That's because you're an adult now. Nothing to do with immigrants.

Comment

If we're really going to get into this.....

Japan's economy was turned around partly by their hard work, discipline etc but also in no small measure by the efforts of the international community, particularly the US, to reoncstruct the economy after the war. There is an argument that it was a response to the growing 'threat' of communism in the east and a desire to establish a capitalist power, but that's beside the point. The point is that they got to where they are partly through subsidies and hand outs.

If we're talking about thanks, you may also wish to consider the debt that this country owes to Poland for their contribution in WWII, particularly the airmen that fought during the Battle of Britain. All the racists and xenophobes out there would do well to remember the same nation that is now supposedly 'invading' our country is the one that arguably made the biggest contribution to it actually not happening 60 years ago.

There is no 'recognised rate for employment'. There is a minimum wage and there is a market rate. If you mean undercutting the market rate, that goes hand in hand with cheap eastern european stuff in Aldi on ebay etc etc. It's called economics.

As Tony said, the British public loves a scapegoat and, as I've said before, it only takes a rudimentary knowledge of history to know that Chinese, Jews, West Indians, Africans, Indians, Bangladeshis and Albanians have all had their turn.

Despite what it might say in the Mail and the Star, the country is not going to the dogs, we are not being invaded by foreigners, there is not a tidal wave of crime and nothing bad has happened.

Things might not seem to be as good as they were when you were a kid. That's because you're an adult now. Nothing to do with immigrants.
                I cannot agree. Poland owes Britain a debt with regards to WW2. Who came to their aid when Germany was invading them? Yes, Japan has had assistance and it has been recieved without them in turn biting the hands that feed them. I for one do not look for a scapegoat but if blame lies somewhere then I am not afraid to point the finger. however, on reflection I am quick to praise any nation that succeeds through hard work and perseverence. As for the Daily Mail, thank goodness that we have this publication as it is one of the few that actually tells it as it is. However, if you politics are to the left then understandably your view would differ. All jobs have a recognised rate and often these are way above minimum wage. Unfortunately the hard fact is that jobs are being taken by those that choose to enter our country who will work for much less, this is not a racist view but merely an observation.

Comment

I cannot agree. Poland owes Britain a debt with regards to WW2. Who came to their aid when Germany was invading them? Yes, Japan has had assistance and it has been recieved without them in turn biting the hands that feed them. I for one do not look for a scapegoat but if blame lies somewhere then I am not afraid to point the finger. however, on reflection I am quick to praise any nation that succeeds through hard work and perseverence. As for the Daily Mail, thank goodness that we have this publication as it is one of the few that actually tells it as it is. However, if you politics are to the left then understandably your view would differ. All jobs have a recognised rate and often these are way above minimum wage. Unfortunately the hard fact is that jobs are being taken by those that choose to enter our country who will work for much less, this is not a racist view but merely an observation.
                  Sometimes I think you must be a troll. Oh well:

We didn't really come to Poland's aid in WWII. We declared war after they were invaded but didn't actually help them to repel the invasion. They were invaded before we had much chance to respond, too be fair, but we had plenty of warning and chose to trust Hitler. The whole "i have in my hand a piece of paper" thing.

A little bit on the Poles contribution during the Battle of Britain:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...n_Contribution

I think the Americans, Australians and New Zealanders, who are geographically much closer to Japan, would have a very different opinion on whether they have bitten the hand that fed them. There, the Japanese are generally despised and/or ridiculed, certainly in the last two.

The comment on the Mail is what makes me even more sure that you are just trolling the forum for want of something better to do.

My point on wages is that they are indeed lowered by people who will work for less but this is not necessarily a bad thing. They are in the same economic union as us and we are able to purchase goods from their country much cheaper. It all balances out.

Comment

Things might not seem to be as good as they were when you were a kid. That's because you're an adult now.
                    Sage......

Comment

Sometimes I think you must be a troll. Oh well:

We didn't really come to Poland's aid in WWII. We declared war after they were invaded but didn't actually help them to repel the invasion. They were invaded before we had much chance to respond, too be fair, but we had plenty of warning and chose to trust Hitler. The whole "i have in my hand a piece of paper" thing.

A little bit on the Poles contribution during the Battle of Britain:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...n_Contribution

I think the Americans, Australians and New Zealanders, who are geographically much closer to Japan, would have a very different opinion on whether they have bitten the hand that fed them. There, the Japanese are generally despised and/or ridiculed, certainly in the last two.

The comment on the Mail is what makes me even more sure that you are just trolling the forum for want of something better to do.

My point on wages is that they are indeed lowered by people who will work for less but this is not necessarily a bad thing. They are in the same economic union as us and we are able to purchase goods from their country much cheaper. It all balances out.
                      Not sure what you mean by Troll, my understanding was that they were a mythical Norwegian cave dweller but assume that this is somebody who has a different opinion to yourself. Strange that the Australians have such a low opinion of the Japanese yet there they import so many Surf's and other Toyota's. What is your hang up with the Daily Mail, would you prefer not to know the full story?

Looking at the content of most of the posts on here I suspect that most are submitted by those that have time on their hands and want to interact and share opinion. I'm sure that if honest we could all be finding something, to use your term "better to do" but, that is for each individual to decide.

I don't think many people who end up losing there jobs will agree that it is not a bad thing for any labour rate to be undercut but time will tell. I would have thought that anyone would be put out to say the least if they were to lose their job that they had studied for, attained qualifications for and worked hard at for years only to be told that they were being replaced by someone that could do it cheaper, regardless of whether they are an immigrant or not. Is this not what unions try to protect their members from?

Anyway Can't be bothered with all of this, I'm off now as I have a new car (American) to collect which is of more interest and entertainment to me than batting this around.

Comment

Strange that the Australians have such a low opinion of the Japanese yet there they import so many Surf's and other Toyota's.
                        A Toyota, and just about any other jap car is the best you can buy, thats a different issue to opinions on the countrys people and history.

I think anyone in Japan who dosn't make some sort of effort to deal with stuff like the dolphin video is heartless and selfish, but it won't stop me getting in the Surf and enjoying it.

Troll FYI....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

If you think ANY newspaper is giving you the whole story, I think you're sadly mistaken! They are all to be taken with a huge pinch of salt IMHO, gone are the days when a reporter just gave the facts. Everything is about sensation and private agendas.

Immigrant workers are a complicated and thorny issue, of which I don't know enough about to be able to express much of a opinion, just hate the steriotypical B/S everyone seems to slip into so easily.

Comment

Why s it that when someone on here gets something nicked, a political riot breaks out? Maybe there should be a section on here titled "Riots"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            A Toyota, and just about any other jap car is the best you can buy, thats a different issue to opinions on the countrys people and history.

I think anyone in Japan who dosn't make some sort of effort to deal with stuff like the dolphin video is heartless and selfish, but it won't stop me getting in the Surf and enjoying it.

Troll FYI....

If you think ANY newspaper is giving you the whole story, I think you're sadly mistaken! They are all to be taken with a huge pinch of salt IMHO, gone are the days when a reporter just gave the facts. Everything is about sensation and private agendas.

Immigrant workers are a complicated and thorny issue, of which I don't know enough about to be able to express much of a opinion, just hate the steriotypical B/S everyone seems to slip into so easily.
                            You swallowed a dictionary?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Troll FYI....

As for imigrant workers ....i would be out of a job if they were not working as production ops . As even though my employers pay a fair wage ,all the local chavs do not want to work , so we have a polish work force .Without them no production ergo no job for me
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                                You swallowed a dictionary?
                                Unless someone slipped one in this now empty box of mini choc muffins from Morrisons, then no.

Comment

Working...
                                X