Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vatchman
    yea i suppose he does have his uses.
    There aren't enough hours in a day to correct your lots punctuation and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      There aren't enough hours in a day to correct your lots punctuation and spelling.
      Is 'your' being used correctly as it dont read rite to me........
      .......No just pick on the worst offenders , in other words ME
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

yea. but you make such a good job of it.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          .......No just pick on the worst offenders , in other words ME
          Oh, I don't know. You have some pretty stiff competition from the other XXX Men.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            Some chav with a shoe sized IQ thats been metioned in the Times last week

BTW matt i didnot expect you to bite
            Only the Times? Don't read that.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
              Only the Times? Don't read that.
              Don't read comics .......Except the XXX men
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Clever doesn't incorporate common sense into the meaning. The only real difference in meaning between clever and intelligent is the level of knowledge. Both, however, mean understanding and adapting to the situation, whether through thought or manual means. The only people who wish to make intelligent sound better than clever are the ones who like to call themselves intelligent.

Edit: Something like MENSA would be a prime example of what I mean. They will probably refer to themselves as intelligent, I would however refer to them as Savants. Very good in a specific area, but stuck within that realm.
                I'm talking about the real world here Matt. A good example are Social Workers, you know the ones fresh out of university with a head full of books and with no experience but they know it all. How many unfortunate people in the community have suffered or died due to their supersilious attitude, total lack of common sense and a feeling that they cannot possibly be wrong?

Comment

I'm talking about the real world here Matt. A good example are Social Workers, you know the ones fresh out of university with a head full of books and with no experience but they know it all. How many unfortunate people in the community have suffered or died due to their supersilious attitude, total lack of common sense and a feeling that they cannot possibly be wrong?
                  So the points you're actually referring to are qualifications and common sense. That's something in every walk of life and work. Simple answer to that one is that unless they bring back an equivalent of the apprenticeship, that scenario will always exist. Some of the cretins you describe above would rarely benefit from even that, though. If they possess no common sense, no amount of practical experience will alter that. It is only the ones who commit mistakes through naivety who will ever change and truly learn, if they are that way disposed.

Comment

So the points you're actually referring to are qualifications and common sense. That's something in every walk of life and work. Simple answer to that one is that unless they bring back an equivalent of the apprenticeship, that scenario will always exist. Some of the cretins you describe above would rarely benefit from even that, though. If they possess no common sense, no amount of practical experience will alter that. It is only the ones who commit mistakes through naivety who will ever change and truly learn, if they are that way disposed.
                    Best thing would be to bring back apprenticeships. The Government tried modern apprenticeships but to my knowledge these were no great success. I think that working up through the ranks is always best and accept that someone may be "fast tracked" due to potential but at least they experience what all aspects of the job are like.

Comment

Best thing would be to bring back apprenticeships. The Government tried modern apprenticeships but to my knowledge these were no great success. I think that working up through the ranks is always best and accept that someone may be "fast tracked" due to potential but at least they experience what all aspects of the job are like.
                      just got home from the studio (i'm a cameraman on Top Gear) can't wait to show all this to Mr Clarkson next time i see him, he'll find it what it is - hilarious
                      Bunkle
                      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                        just got home from the studio (i'm a cameraman on Top Gear) can't wait to show all this to Mr Clarkson next time i see him, he'll find it what it is - hilarious
                        He can think whatever he likes. That's his prerogative.

Comment

He can think whatever he likes. That's his prerogative.
                          Or get him to join ... as he favours toyotas for his mad cap carry ons
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

This saddens me as although pest control is necessary, to enjoy seeing an animal suffer what does that make you? Inmy book worse than the "vermin" that you were trying to control.
                            sorry to see that you are saddened by the fact i enjoyed pest control,
                            to be honest with you i respect your opinion, but what i dont respect is your opinion of that i am worse than the "vermin" i was hunting,
                            what i did was a legal pastime which i spent a lot of time and money pursuing,
                            to me a fox is no better or no worse than a rat, rabbit , or squirrrel,
                            it was not the suffering or anything else that i enjoyed except the running of my dog and the killing of the vermin
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                              what i did was a legal pastime which i spent a lot of time and money pursuing, to me a fox is no better or no worse than a rat, rabbit , or squirrrel, it was not the suffering or anything else that i enjoyed except the running of my dog and the killing of the vermin
                              Nothing is by nature vermin. It is merely a word created to call mammals that people dislike or can see no reason for. That does not mean they have no use.

Comment

Nothing is by nature vermin. It is merely a word created to call mammals that people dislike or can see no reason for. That does not mean they have no use.

People are mammals.

Comment

Working...
                                X