According to my copy of next week's TV times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Nothing is by nature vermin. It is merely a word created to call mammals that people dislike or can see no reason for. That does not mean they have no use.
    Your are right, but since 1967 (i think) and the passing of the pest control act, there is a legal definition of a pest(vermin) and a legal responsibility to control them. If we didn't, there would be a lot less food to go around, and a lot more desease...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Nothing is by nature vermin. It is merely a word created to call mammals that people dislike or can see no reason for. That does not mean they have no use.
      all right then pest control better matt??
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

does it have to be classed as a pet before you can kill it?

or can you just take pot shots at anything that comes in your garden?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

no matt you cant just shoot anything that comes into your garden even if its classed as a pest ,boundries and loads of other rules apply

pot shots no , you should be a decent shot and capable of hitting what your aiming at ,
          Last edited by joker??; 9 February 2007, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            People are mammals.
            Yup. Nothing, however, that I can recall that is not mammalian is referred to as vermin. Parasite is the common reference outside of mammals, I believe.

Originally posted by Chillitt
            Your are right, but since 1967 (i think) and the passing of the pest control act, there is a legal definition of a pest(vermin) and a legal responsibility to control them. If we didn't, there would be a lot less food to go around, and a lot more desease...
            Maybe so, but it is still the interpretation of one species alone. To be truthful, however, name any living organism that is more destructive to its surroundings and the ecology in general than the good old homo sapien.

Comment

Why, do you take pot shots at pets?

Comment

Maybe so, but it still the interpretation of one species alone. To be truthful, however, name any living organism that is more destructive to its surroundings and the ecology in general than the good old homo sapien.

Tony Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Tony Blair.
                  Hhhmmmm, the not totally human argument might work there Vince.

Comment

Hhhmmmm, the not totally human argument might work there Vince.

The Labour party as an organism then.

Comment

. To be truthful, however, name any living organism that is more destructive to its surroundings and the ecology in general than the good old homo sapien.[/QUOTE]
                      brown rat (Rattus norvegicus.)
                      Grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
                      strangely both on the pest list...
                      Name any other species that has done so much to conserve other species..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

. To be truthful, however, name any living organism that is more destructive to its surroundings and the ecology in general than the good old homo sapien.
                        Name any other species that has done so much to conserve other species..[/QUOTE]

Comment

Why, do you take pot shots at pets?
                          depends who i'll upset if their cat doesn't come home!!

i just wondered if a deer ran across my garden and i could catch it and win a fight with it.... could i have venison for tea??

or if i caught a hedgehog, could i have spike burgers?
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Name any other species that has done so much to conserve other species..
                            Really? What was the last species that became extinct due to the rat? How many forests and tracts of land has the rat destroyed? I picked the rat due to it's prolific numbers, BTW.

Nothing on earth is more destructive than us. And if we have any conservation plans for any species, it is always because *we* have almost driven them to extinction.

Comment

i just wondered if a deer ran across my garden and i could catch it and win a fight with it.... could i have venison for tea??

or if i caught a hedgehog, could i have spike burgers?
                              I'd love to see you fighting a deer.

Comment

So anyway, I reckon Clarkson would get a muscle car, Hamster will come back with a WW2 jeep and the 'hair' would go for an Edsel or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X