No announcement yet.

I figured it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't make me any less grumpy about the thought of spending a big chunk of tonight in the back of a Landrover though![/QUOTE]

Bet it makes ya appreciate playtime in ya Surf then !!!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see the next one Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

yes I am a bit of a hippy at heart although I do have a grip on reality too,

but I dislike ex squadies and ex servicepeople with good reason.

I have never met one who isnt mentally scarred, or addicted to painkillers.. or drinking too much alchohol on the wall outside my house, or simply bullying people around in normal everyday life. When they are in the force they are pumped so full of propaganda about how we are the strongest and they are the best. the enemy is a difference species etc.

I coach people the finer arts of velodrome racing ( and road circuit racing) in my spare time and one of the venues is Eelmore MOD driver training area.
      I now refuse to coach if there is ever someone from the army organising anything on the same day. its just aweful trying to do anything with anyone who works on the military heirarchy system, especially if they are higher than a corporal.
      she's no angel

Comment

You should'nt ridicule all Squaddies or Ex-squaddies as some of them are nice people. Obviously at some time you have been in a Situation with one of the Lesser Charmed people, Dont TAR them all with the same Brush.

I'll get me Coat
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

not ridiculing them, i had a good friend who used to do the mechanics on one of my motorbikes... but he was addicted to painkillers too and couldnt bare to talk about the gulf war.
          and my grandad is a 2ww vet and an alchoholic.

warw... what is it good for... ( got that tune in my head now)
          she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney

I have never met one who isnt mentally scarred, or addicted to painkillers.. or drinking too much alchohol on the wall outside my house, or simply bullying people around in normal everyday life. When they are in the force they are pumped so full of propaganda about how we are the strongest and they are the best. the enemy is a difference species etc.

There's nothing like a sweeping generalisation !!!!!

I can't help thinking that you know very few ex-squaddies - cos I know hundreds and with only one exception) all of them are perfectly normal human beings.

The exception is an ex TA guy

And yes - I'm ex too ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Hey, Mr. Churchill comes over here
              to say we're doing splendidly
              But it's very cold out here in the snow,
              marching to win from the enemy
              Oh I say it's tough,I have had enough
              Can you stop the cavalry?
              I have had to fight, almost every night
              down throughout these centuries
              That is when I say, oh yes yet again
              Can you stop the cavalry?
              Mary Bradley waits at home
              in the nuclear fall-out zone
              Wish I could be dancing now
              in the arms of the girl I love
              Chorus:
              Dub a dub a dum dum
              Dub a dub a dum
              Dub a dum dum dub a dub
              Dub a dub a dum
              Dub a dub a dum dum
              Dub a dub a dum
              Dub a dum dum dub a dub
              Dub a dub a dum
              Wish I was at home for Christmas
              Bang! That's another bomb on another town
              While Luzar and Jim have tea
              If I get home, live to tell the tale
              I'll run for all presidencies
              If I get elected I'll stop - I will stop the cavalry
              Chorus
              Wish I could be dancing now
              in the arms of the girl I love
              Mary Bradley waits at home
              She has been waiting 2 years long
              Wish I was at home for Christmas

---------------------------------

im just looking around for another can of worms to open.

---------------------------------

SO... those LR defenders ay... mean little beasties arent they, rough as badgers bum... drafty, utilitatian... I lost my innocence in a LR lightweight... canvas back... smelt of oil and pinewood... thatll be the trees we were parked next to
              she's no angel

Comment

dya think ive swung the heat off my back now?
                nothing like a bunch of arsey squadies on your case...

like the 4 drunken ones in windsor that attacked my car with me in it one late saturday night...
                she's no angel

Comment

On 24th May 1975 I was attacked by a drunken Scotsman outside Alperton Underground Station - strangely enough I haven't blamed the entire Scots race for this !

The reason I remember the date is cos I was going to see Led Zeppelin at Earls Court (and nothing to do with 5-1 !)

Comment

TOMMY

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
                    The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
                    The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
                    I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
                    O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
                    But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
                    The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
                    O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
                    They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
                    They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
                    But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
                    For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
                    But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
                    The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
                    O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
                    Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
                    An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
                    Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
                    Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
                    But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
                    The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
                    O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
                    But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
                    An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
                    Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
                    While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
                    But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
                    There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
                    O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
                    We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
                    Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
                    The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
                    For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
                    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
                    An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
                    An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

i'm not a squaddie, never will be! they are better men than me..

and i like land rovers(there, i have said it!) cos i have 2 of their employees as lodgers!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Nice one - haven't seen that for years !

It reminds me of a schoolboy joke -

"Do you like Kipling ?"

"Dunno, I've never kippled !"

Comment

""i'm not a squaddie, never will be! they are better men than me..""

that is entirely my point...
                        why do people think squaddies are somehow either superior because they choose to fight... or inferior because they are war mongers...

its all rubbish, they are just like you and me. human. no human is more or less equal.
                        -----------------
                        she's no angel

Comment

its all rubbish, they are just like you and me. human. no human is more or less equal.
                          I thought you said earlier that they were sadistic p1ssed up druggies?

Comment

yes I am a bit of a hippy at heart although I do have a grip on reality too,

I coach people the finer arts of velodrome racing ( and road circuit racing) in my spare time and one of the venues is Eelmore MOD driver training area.
                            I now refuse to coach if there is ever someone from the army organising anything on the same day. its just aweful trying to do anything with anyone who works on the military heirarchy system, especially if they are higher than a corporal.

I'm sorry other forum members, but I feel I have to reply to these comments.

Toney
                            Why don't you do yourself a favour and go and talk about something you know about!!! I've never heard such a load of boll**s.

So you have a whole Squadron of troops outside your house high on drugs and alcohol and kicking the heads in of every passer-by do you????

Have you ever been in the Army-RAF-Navy??? Have you done the training??? Have you been on an operational tour??? No I guessed not!! So what makes you such an expert on the serving or ex-forces mindset?

Yes you are taught to be the best in the world. But maybe that is because the British Forces ARE the best in the world! What's all this propaganda then? Please give a detailed description, as you seem to be an expert!

I like every other serviceman or woman that has been in or is still serving both past and present, join up not only to serve our country, but to have a worthwhile career. It's not all about killing people like you seem to think it is. There are a lot of peacekeeping duties the services provide that is all about helping keep the peace and helping people. If soldiers are mentally scarred after serving (in Iraq for example) on an operational tour then they need help to come to terms with what's happened to them. The vast majority of people serving leave with no symptoms what-so-ever. I for one am one of those. I am lucky.

If you were in Iraq for nearly a year, getting contacted on a daily basis, seeing blown apart body parts of children lying in the gutter, then you too might be affected by it. But as you haven't been in that situation, how can you say that you wouldn't end up the same way??? Everyone will react differently to those circumstances, and until you have been in their shoes you don't know if you would end up the same way!!!

Yes people have problems leaving the Army or other services. But then so do civvies. You only have to go to any town centre at night to see this. But at least they do something with their lives and do something good instead of being some layabout.

If you don't like going to any Military Training establishment, then keep away. I'm sure they will all be better off without your poxy attitude towards them anyway.

If you think this reply justifies what you have said, then that's your business. But I for one think your attitude of serving and ex-forces personnel (of which I am one of them) is very offensive.
                            Last edited by M35A2; 7 December 2006, 19:57.

Comment

""i'm not a squaddie, never will be! they are better men than me..""

that is entirely my point...
                              why do people think squaddies are somehow either superior because they choose to fight... or inferior because they are war mongers...

-----------------

I read this thread and although I dont usualy throw my toys out of the pram the more I read the more I felt pi$$ed off.
                              I am an ex-squdie and went for a little walk in 1982 thanks to Mrs T (well we went by helicopter with the guns).None of us were/are warmongers we were just doing the job that we were paid for.No one felt superior just a little scared,and some even paid the ultimate price.
                              Yes I agree squaddies on the beer can be a pain in the bum,but then again any group of people who are merry and loud will inevertably upset someone.
                              Rant over,now will someone please pass me my toys so as I can put them back in the pram.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

If only the world/government/MOD would stop wasting money, time and valuable resources ( ie people) playing army games.
                                no one would need to complain about driving basic uncomfortable vehicles or getting muddy in the cold and dark.

never heard of a woman starting a major war did ya?

I hate war, army, fighting forces, automatic weapons, tanks and military heirarchy that can never be left behind even when they enter civvy street.

only good thing that ever came out of war was telephones and helicopters.

By the way. Did you study history???

What about all the wars Queen Victoria was responsible for. What about all the wars Queen Elizabeth 1st was responsible for? What about Queen Boadicea?

Like I said you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Get yourself down the library and read up a little history before making comments like "never heard of a woman starting a major war, did ya"...

Here is something to get you started.

http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK...ry/Boudica.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X