Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured it out!

It's all about psychology.

You take a bunch of squaddies who regularly face long nights in windy, wet places running around in the mud trying not to get shot.

You give them a Landrover to drive around in. They'll be glad to get out!

Give them a Surf, they'll be snug and warm inside, being able to hear the stereo and each other at 60mph. They wont want to get out and run around getting muddy!

THATS why MoD buy Landrovers! Cos it's better freezing your ass off getting shot at than driving around in one!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

still having fun on the plains then mate?
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
      still having fun on the plains then mate?
      Tomorrow. My last night for a while hopefully. Weather's gonna be mingin!

You missed a good curry night!

Comment

tell me about it, work is the worst at the moment, seriously considering leaving! rant rant rant
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

The rain was hammering down 0600 this morning on my way home , the A360 accross the plain is quite flooded so it must be realy muddy out on the plain
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

If only the world/government/MOD would stop wasting money, time and valuable resources ( ie people) playing army games.
            no one would need to complain about driving basic uncomfortable vehicles or getting muddy in the cold and dark.

never heard of a woman starting a major war did ya?

I hate war, army, fighting forces, automatic weapons, tanks and military heirarchy that can never be left behind even when they enter civvy street.

only good thing that ever came out of war was telephones and helicopters.
            she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney

Seige of Troy.
              Sack of Londinium by Boudica.
              Destruction of Taunton by Queen Aethelburgh.
              War against the English, Joan of Arc.

oh, queen victoria had her moments too...
              Last edited by Chillitt; 7 December 2006, 14:13.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

yes but they were all small wars, started by women that look like dykes...

am i allowed to say that? dyke, er women in comfortable shoes.

they were probably men really...

no they werent wars, they were just scurmishes... little local fights without technology that could destroy the world... because if they had that ability they would probably not bother because the amount of clearing up involved after the fight wouldnt be worth the bother.

yes, i would like to clarify, i am female too... and if it wasnt for my boyfriend I would be classed as gay.
                she's no angel

Comment

helen of troy, a man????
                  oh dont forget maggie too... now she would have destroyed the world...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

helen of troy is mythology and not hard historical fact.

and boudica was just defending hersekf from attack ( from men who started the whole flippin thing in the first place)
                    Last edited by Toyney; 7 December 2006, 14:54.
                    she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                      If only the world/government/MOD would stop wasting money, time and valuable resources ( ie people) playing army games.
                      no one would need to complain about driving basic uncomfortable vehicles or getting muddy in the cold and dark.

I hate war, army, fighting forces, automatic weapons, tanks and military heirarchy that can never be left behind even when they enter civvy street.

only good thing that ever came out of war was telephones and helicopters.
                      Put a sock in it hippy!

Sadly war is a fact of life, and as much as I'd love there to be no more wars, there will be. For the sake of my family, my countrymen and my freedom, it's better to be on the stronger side - and 'army games' are part of the solution to acheiving this.

Doesn't make me any less grumpy about the thought of spending a big chunk of tonight in the back of a Landrover though!

Comment

Look at it this way Andy, you're being paid to be in that Landrover!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          It's all about psychology.

You take a bunch of squaddies who regularly face long nights in windy, wet places running around in the mud trying not to get shot.

You give them a Landrover to drive around in. They'll be glad to get out!

Give them a Surf, they'll be snug and warm inside, being able to hear the stereo and each other at 60mph. They wont want to get out and run around getting muddy!

THATS why MoD buy Landrovers! Cos it's better freezing your ass off getting shot at than driving around in one!

Speaking from 8yrs of bitter experience I can certainly tell you without any hesitation, I and any other squaddie would much rather "freeze" our ti*s off in a Land Rover, than freeze our ti*s off in some poxy shell scra-pe ($$$$$$ swearing filters) under a poncho. At least then you are out of the wind, rain and water filled shell scra-pe.

If you were lucky, you might be driving a D.R.O.P.S or LET. They both have enough room to sleep in the Cab and have a BV too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Look at it this way Andy, you're being paid to be in that Landrover!
                            Actually... I'm not.

I'm taking it all as flexi and extending my chrimbo hols! Woohoo!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache]Actually... I'm not. QUOTE]

So you're either a hero , masochist or a fool!

I've seen those kinky boots so I'm guessing masochist.

Comment

Working...
                              X