• Show
Clear All

Did someone mention GREEN issues?

>wipes butt on Tshirt and posts it back to them<

well its recycling......

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Have you seen the Guidelines for Ticketing on the website?

I love the bit at the bottom:

"All that said, we are very grateful for your help with the campaign, and do hope that you have as much fun targeting the 4x4s afflicting your life as we do."

So this is all done so some tree hugging soap dodger can get his jolly's. There's me thinking it had something to do with the Environment.
      Just Vegging Out

Comment

I got ticketed by a supporter of the cause a while back when i parked down in brighton.
        I emailled them to explain my feelings on the matter and that they should see the error of their ways... my surf is 2wd... ( most of the time)
        and it is more economical than the same age volvo estate etc etc.

no reply.

I agree with some of the points about why does anyone need to drive the kids to school in big " gas Guzzling" 4x4s.. aherm... but my solution is to make the lazy bone idle teenagers walk or cycle to school... that would be far more beneficial for everyone. it doesnt matter if the parents drive a yaris or a land cruiser, they still cause chaos every school day morning and afternoon.
        she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Quite scary when you're walking around the aircraft and the bl00dy gunner is watching what you're doing! I'm sure they do it to wind you up!
          Yes it is quite unnerving they did that to us on a visit to Dishforth !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Some naffing treehugger stickered Hippo today at work - muppets picked on the only car running veg in the car park

Would love to introduce them to my mate Tor - Tor Krench

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
              That's just there so the players can pick them up easily to move the pieces around the board...

Or maybe it's the Fire Control Radar
              I like the chess piece theory better. Kind of appropriate I think.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I was 'fortunate' enough to get into a discussion with a tree hugging 4x4 hater a few weeks back, nothing to do with this site, but vehemently against 4x4s anyway.

She discussed the issues that all 4x4s were fundementally wrong, that we the drivers of them should be ashamed of themselves, as they just block the roads up with unnecessarily big vehicles, blah blah blah - I listened as long as my diplomacy and patience allowed, then explained that I too have an issue with people who buy a large 4x4 and never drive on anything more than their gravelled drive, when they could have bought a car.

I then went on the explain, that if her issues was based on size, then my Volvo S60 has the same footprint as the Surf, the same engine size, both run on diesel, both are 2WD, etc.

I explained that there needs to be more care from groups against these vehicles to made sure their argument is strong enough to stand up to simple scrutiny, and that there are a large number of people that own these vehicles to use off road, rather than just the school run, and that such a narrow minded view is damaging to the reputation of those who support the anti 4x4 lobbyists, because their arguments are not consistent etc.

Then, went outside to go home, and got into this...much to her suprise - and much to mine, she decided that after all the rants, I was OK, because it was clear I took mine off road - (Go back to school, and work out how to get into the debating team).....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Yeah, but don't forget:

"make sure you look out for signs of genuine off-road use, such as mud or equipment in the back"

They're always one step ahead.

As I already said, anyone who owns something as big, slow and thirsty as a Surf just because they think it looks good is a d1ck. I don't believe one person on this forum doesn't have a legitimate reason for choosing the vehicle that they have.

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
                    I was OK, because it was clear I took mine off road - (Go back to school, and work out how to get into the debating team).....
                    To be honest, I dont think it matters whether people take them off road, or use them to take bloated kids to school, anymore than it matters whether they use a smart car to do the same.

The issue is about freedom of choice, and that is being eroded by stealth by winding up people to band together against minorities. I find it quite worrying on a much deeper level than just people moaning about 4x4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      Yeah, but don't forget:

"make sure you look out for signs of genuine off-road use, such as mud or equipment in the back"

They're always one step ahead.

As I already said, anyone who owns something as big, slow and thirsty as a Surf just because they think it looks good is a d1ck. I don't believe one person on this forum doesn't have a legitimate reason for choosing the vehicle that they have.
                      I've said before, why build a car capable of 200mph? The speed limit is 70mph after all. The issue is freedom of choice.

My 'legitimate reason' (not that I believe I need one) is the load space, but even if I didn't need the load space I'd own a Surf anyway, for the simple reason I like it, and I choose to. I dont feel any particular need to justify myself to anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        As I already said, anyone who owns something as big, slow and thirsty as a Surf just because they think it looks good is a d1ck.
                        You called?

Comment

When these Idiots learn that a lot of us are running our 4x4's on vegi oil which is better for the enviroment, they'll probably start lobbying about cruelty to vegetables
                          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            I've said before, why build a car capable of 200mph? The speed limit is 70mph after all. The issue is freedom of choice.

My 'legitimate reason' (not that I believe I need one) is the load space, but even if I didn't need the load space I'd own a Surf anyway, for the simple reason I like it, and I choose to. I dont feel any particular need to justify myself to anybody.
                            Well said!

Mine goes off road, is used to carry materials for house renovation work, takes me to work, gets used to rescue/recover lesser vehicles, provide support to my community in exteme weather, and - I wanted it, so I bought it. If these groups have issues because they don't share the same opinions, doesn't inspire us to start groups against ramblers, cyclists and other interests/life choices - get off the band wagon, and let people be themselves and embrace all differences.

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
                              Well said!

Mine goes off road, is used to carry materials for house renovation work, takes me to work, gets used to rescue/recover lesser vehicles, provide support to my community in exteme weather, and - I wanted it, so I bought it. If these groups have issues because they don't share the same opinions, doesn't inspire us to start groups against ramblers, cyclists and other interests/life choices - get off the band wagon, and let people be themselves and embrace all differences.
                              Just think, if everyone was like us, there'd be no wars! I slow for horses and cyclists (lets face it, we can all afford to wait for 15 seconds), I give way to morons who cut me up because I dont want to be part of their accident, and I move to the left to left bikers past, cos they're faster than me. Chilled maaan...

Comment

Always wanted to know from the username - what do you do for worK?

I am very similar, I have time to wait for those less patient than I am, not worth the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                                X