not so sunny cornwall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not so sunny cornwall!!!

here we are in cornwall the first few days the weather wasnt to good but today and yesterday its been good. not seen many surfers on the way down here or in cornwall where are you all????....

having the day with familiy near helston today as it is air day at raf culdrose and we can see it all from the front garden.

the 400 mile journey was ok in the surf and it didnt miss a beat i have now got a bobbox fitted and iam unsure of wot to think about it, but there may be a problem with my signal wire from the t.p.s as the voltage was a little low. however bob told me to take it from the boost sensor instead and that is the wire that he would of used anyway because its a lot more accessible. so i have done this and still not sure of wot to think i dont seem to get much extra power. think wot i will do is fit a switch on the signal wire and see wot a diffrence there is wen off to on!!!

so you conish lot where,s the best places to visit while down here??? and if its free then its even better!!?? is there such thing as free?? down here??

and if you see us dont forget to wave
    CHEERS JOHN................

Wish I was there - Culdrose Air Day always used to be one of the highlights of my summer holiday as a kid!

From Culdrose, head south towards the Lizard and take the turning for Glendurrgan Beach. There are two beaches, one sand & one pebble, and an old church actually on the beach.

In Helston ask for "Spingo" - raw cider, used to get it from a pub called the Blue something... I forget.

In Falmouth (try the National Maritime Museum) head out to the Fal and look for a pub called the Ferryman. In Falmouth go to Pendennis Castle (Maybe it still has a YMCA in it still).

I hear there is new branch of "15" somewhere in Cornwall - Jamie Olivers restaurant.

From Falmouth to Penzance to left and go down to Praa Sands, Newquay for Fistral Beach and some good pubs. Portowan for surfing and "The Waterfront" pub.

Go down to Land's End - but not the Arcade thing they've got ther - try Sennen Cove.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
      Wish I was there - Culdrose Air Day always used to be one of the highlights of my summer holiday as a kid!

From Culdrose, head south towards the Lizard and take the turning for Glendurrgan Beach. There are two beaches, one sand & one pebble, and an old church actually on the beach.

In Helston ask for "Spingo" - raw cider, used to get it from a pub called the Blue something... I forget.

In Falmouth (try the National Maritime Museum) head out to the Fal and look for a pub called the Ferryman. In Falmouth go to Pendennis Castle (Maybe it still has a YMCA in it still).

I hear there is new branch of "15" somewhere in Cornwall - Jamie Olivers restaurant.

From Falmouth to Penzance to left and go down to Praa Sands, Newquay for Fistral Beach and some good pubs. Portowan for surfing and "The Waterfront" pub.

Go down to Land's End - but not the Arcade thing they've got ther - try Sennen Cove.
      i think you will find the pub is called the Blue Anchor and boy you don't half get a bloomin good pint in there.I used to go in there every Flora day and try to find my way the 11 miles to camborne at least i was sober by the time i got home

Jamie olivers restaurant i am almost certain it is in Newquay

just beware of the Falmouth to Penzance road as a good mate of mine was killed along there at a notorious bend which has been known for several fatal accidents.I dont mean to put a downer on your holiday but just making you aware of the road thats all slim
      enjoy your holiday anyway and if your around the Camborne area at the w/end i will give you a wave
      Last edited by stormforce; 12 July 2006, 16:14.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

So frikkin good I couldn't remember the name! How's that for side effects!

Flora day! Are you Cornish? I missed out but my nephews officially partook a few times when they were still virgins!

I'm sitting here in Kenya getting stewed whilst I await my wife to come home and cook - how bad does that sound?
        @africa4x4cafe

Comment

[quote=bundubasher]
          Flora day! Are you Cornish? I missed out but my nephews officially partook a few times when they were still virgins!

quote]

all my life.
          i never got to see the street dancing etc as i could never get out of the Anchor

Comment

I went to Canbourne Tech and lived in Pool and the Redruth boys used to say that if you dropped your hat in Cambourne - you kicked it all the way home!

Used to score at the Berkley Centre on a Wednsday and then run round to the VD centre on Thursday! What an absolute laugh I had in Cambourne! People used to call it all sorts of names but us lot ( of art students) had SUCH a good crack there! And the pubs! Cambourne INVENTED the lock-in!
            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
              I went to Canbourne Tech and lived in Pool and the Redruth boys used to say that if you dropped your hat in Cambourne - you kicked it all the way home!

Used to score at the Berkley Centre on a Wednsday and then run round to the VD centre on Thursday! What an absolute laugh I had in Cambourne! People used to call it all sorts of names but us lot ( of art students) had SUCH a good crack there! And the pubs! Cambourne INVENTED the lock-in!
              what year did you used to go to the Berkley centre i used to go there on wednesday night just for the cheap booze and it tasted like it too.How old are you and also we in Camborne used to say if you dropped your wallet in Redruth then leave it and run,but there has always been a thing going between both towns,i think it was all to do with the rugby

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                here we are in cornwall the first few days the weather wasnt to good but today and yesterday its been good. not seen many surfers on the way down here or in cornwall where are you all????....

having the day with familiy near helston today as it is air day at raf culdrose and we can see it all from the front garden.

the 400 mile journey was ok in the surf and it didnt miss a beat i have now got a bobbox fitted and iam unsure of wot to think about it, but there may be a problem with my signal wire from the t.p.s as the voltage was a little low. however bob told me to take it from the boost sensor instead and that is the wire that he would of used anyway because its a lot more accessible. so i have done this and still not sure of wot to think i dont seem to get much extra power. think wot i will do is fit a switch on the signal wire and see wot a diffrence there is wen off to on!!!

so you conish lot where,s the best places to visit while down here??? and if its free then its even better!!?? is there such thing as free?? down here??

and if you see us dont forget to wave
                Told you to spend the bobbox money on beer didn't I?
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thinking the same thing apache
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Told you to spend the bobbox money on beer didn't I?
                    yeah you did and i could of done with it realy cause its £2.50 a pint here!!!!!!!

Comment

where abouts you staying then slim

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        where abouts you staying then slim
                        stopping at ( forgive the spelling mistakes) riviera sands in hayle, its good for the kids cause they do lots of activitys for them. we were only 4 miles from your gaff yesterday we were at portreath its great there!!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                          stopping at ( forgive the spelling mistakes) riviera sands in hayle, its good for the kids cause they do lots of activitys for them. we were only 4 miles from your gaff yesterday we were at portreath its great there!!
                          still only about 5 miles from me thats not a bad site from what i can remember from the days of my youth during the summer holidays

Comment

tell you a place i normally go a couple of times ayear and thats bird paradise in hayle if the kids are young then they will probably enjoy it there are some parakeets that you can buy nectar and feed them and also penguins that they have a feeding display acouple of times a day and they pick some kids from the audience to help feed.and then they have the live free flying bird show as well and you may even see the rare Cornish Chough aswell

Comment

Don't forget Newquay Zoo!
                              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X