No announcement yet.

Toyota Recall For Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just been on the phone to Parklands Toyota near Truro and they have just told me that all imports are not included in the recall,so i just told him to get in touch with Toyota u.k and gave them my ref.no. and they said then they need it in writtng from Toyota to confirm it.I just had a phone call back to get my vehicle details so they can now get details from Toyota japan so they can get my surf booked in and get it done.Toyota U.K told me as i rang them back aswell that Parklands have got no choice in the matter and that they will have to do it no matter what they say.
    If anybody knows of another Toyota dealer in Cornwall could they let me know please
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      just been on the phone to Parklands Toyota near Truro and they have just told me that all imports are not included in the recall,so i just told him to get in touch with Toyota u.k and gave them my ref.no. and they said then they need it in writtng from Toyota to confirm it.I just had a phone call back to get my vehicle details so they can now get details from Toyota japan so they can get my surf booked in and get it done.Toyota U.K told me as i rang them back aswell that Parklands have got no choice in the matter and that they will have to do it no matter what they say.
      If anybody knows of another Toyota dealer in Cornwall could they let me know please
      Hi Richard
      parklands also have a branch in Helston 01326 562211 they may be a little friendlier - if not I would suggest kick ar$e you have the might of Toyota UK on your side now, perhaps a word in the shell like of their service manager, Oh and dont forget it is Toyota company policy to give you a bottle of bubbly,£10 of fuel, a courtesy car, vehicle report and a clean and vac (not a valet!!! - shame) with this recall - perhaps confirm it before you go as they have to order it in
      good luck
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        Hi Richard
        parklands also have a branch in Helston 01326 562211 they may be a little friendlier - if not I would suggest kick ar$e you have the might of Toyota UK on your side now, perhaps a word in the shell like of their service manager, Oh and dont forget it is Toyota company policy to give you a bottle of bubbly,£10 of fuel, a courtesy car, vehicle report and a clean and vac (not a valet!!! - shame) with this recall - perhaps confirm it before you go as they have to order it in
        good luck
        Thanks very much Tony iknew there was another Toyota not far from me but couldnt find it.I will be on the phone in the next 5 minutes

Comment

Thanks very much Tony iknew there was another Toyota not far from me but couldnt find it.I will be on the phone in the next 5 minutes

any joy Richard?? next nearest Barnstable or Plymouth - get it into plymouth on the 29th and we could 'do lunch' and go curtesy car racing!!

'He who is biggest pain in the ar$e and with big gob wins'................sometimes !
          Last edited by fatfires; 15 June 2006, 16:57.
          Tony

Comment

any joy Richard?? next nearest Barnstable or Plymouth - get it into plymouth on the 29th and we could 'do lunch' and go curtesy car racing!!

'He who is biggest pain in the ar$e and with big gob wins'................sometimes !
            unfortunately i ended up on the phone but all work related so never had a chance to ring but i will be on the phone 1st thing in the morning.If they cant get it done within the next month then i might just ring Plmouth and see if i can get in there.When you rang up did they say they had to get in touch with Toyota Japan like they did here?

Comment

I got my go-ahead too - Just got to arrange with Toll House Toyota about the Courtesey car - they reckon it's booked for a couple of weeks, but after 3 months wait for the go ahead I aint complaining - I'm thinking of getting em to do my 10,000km filter and oil change at same time.

God help em, a mud ball with a green diet

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

unfortunately i ended up on the phone but all work related so never had a chance to ring but i will be on the phone 1st thing in the morning.If they cant get it done within the next month then i might just ring Plmouth and see if i can get in there.When you rang up did they say they had to get in touch with Toyota Japan like they did here?
                after I told them they just said they would confirm with jayne at Toy gb, if you need to go to Marsh Toyota Plymouth - 01752 332777, Lee in service is your man
                Tony

Comment

after I told them they just said they would confirm with jayne at Toy gb, if you need to go to Marsh Toyota Plymouth - 01752 332777, Lee in service is your man

Thanks Tony irang Parklands again yesterday and they said they have sent email and fax to Toyota and just awaiting conformation now so i will give them to Tuesday afternoon and if no joy i will ring marsh.I will let you know what happens next week

Comment

Hippo goes to Toll House on Tuesday week, to be operated on the following day

Wonder what delightful carriage I will be lent small ? manual ? impersonal tin box with no character?

hmmmmmmm better remember it takes Petrol

Would hate to see the floor in that garage after they have got their mitts on hippo

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I dont know why the dealerships are complaining about this work they get paid by Toyota aldeit at a slightly lower labour rate.

Any way looks as tho I shall be on the phone on monday chasing up my claim as i have not heard a word since 16 March, so I think they have had long enough to get back to me.............dont you think!!

Paul
                      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

good news at last.I rang Parklands again and they tried to fob me off again with they have to wait for a reply from Toyota Japan so i rang Toyota U.K again and they put me on hold and rang Parklands and told them to get on with it and i had to ring Parklands again to get the surf booked in.So now it is booked in for Monday 26 at 08.30 and they will do it while i wait so i dont think i will be getting any Toyota gifts for all the hassle i caused Parklands but at last i'm getting it done

Comment

just had confirmation from toyota europe that mine is affected by the upgrade they are passing it on to toyota uk now!!!! watch this space....
                          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Yippee, I got the phone call today with the reference number for me to contact my local dealer so I shall be on the old dog and bone tomorrow morning to book it in.

Can I just add WELL DONE TOYOTA

Paul
                            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

does all this action mean that lazy bast..er.. busy people like me who havent been chasing this, will be contacted in due course by toyota anyway. or do i have to get my digit out?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                                does all this action mean that lazy bast..er.. busy people like me who havent been chasing this, will be contacted in due course by toyota anyway. or do i have to get my digit out?

i think you will have to get your digit out and give them your vehicle details b4 you can have the work done

Comment

Working...
                                X