Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone who contacted Toyota over their Surf ever
    get the rod replaced? I seem to remember there being
    several people who had contacted Toyota.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Matt

Err...have you read the threads?, this one and the one TonyN links above - or put 'contact toyota' or 'recall' in the search and I am sure more than enough will be revealed
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        Err...have you read the threads?, this one and the one TonyN links above - or put 'contact toyota' or 'recall' in the search and I am sure more than enough will be revealed
        That's what I was asking. You, and several others, contacted them.
        I meant it as: Did anyone other than you, , ever finally get anything
        from Toyota. I know TonyN had a letter, but that seems to be the only
        positive response ever mentioned in the threads.

Matt

Comment

That's what I was asking. You, and several others, contacted them.
          I meant it as: Did anyone other than you, , ever finally get anything
          from Toyota. I know TonyN had a letter, but that seems to be the only
          positive response ever mentioned in the threads.

Matt
          it appears tony's trucks did not need the mod, there are several on here that have had the mod done but they all appear to be 4 runners. As far as I know no one with a surf has had it done (I would love to know if they have!!) I am aware that several have had positive responces from Toyota, my 1st letter agreed that my truck was covered by the recall and would be done. To get that far I had to register, get a claim number from Toyota and wait for further news. I understand there are several of us at that stage. Because time marches on I wrote asking for an update and got the reply posted above, hence my latest letter in an attempt to get them to withdraw didgit !
          In summary I can only reccomend for what it is worth
          1.use the link provided by TonyN above to i/d if your chassis no is affected
          2. if you have a case/claim number chase them up
          3. If you dont, use the contact details in my post 6 above and get one
          hope that helps and clarifies, because I have had a letter stating they will do it, I intend to hold them to that.
          I trust I didnt upset you with my reply, because I am up to speed with the issue I assumed incorectly that others were as well...Ooops
          Will keep all posted
          Tony

Comment

A couple of things worth reading about the recall.

Also something that was pointed out on the Aus site is that some of the newer imports may have already been done in Japan, and the way to check is that they have a yellow paint mark on the right of the vin plate and a green G sticker on the rear window, see attached jpg.

http://dogandlemon.com/site/japanese...seno=RJ-1281-0

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9570
            Attached Files

Comment

it appears tony's trucks did not need the mod, there are several on here that have had the mod done but they all appear to be 4 runners. As far as I know no one with a surf has had it done (I would love to know if they have!!) I am aware that several have had positive responces from Toyota, my 1st letter agreed that my truck was covered by the recall and would be done.
              That's why I asked. I'd noticed all the ones done upto just appeared
              to be 4Runners.

1.use the link provided by TonyN above to i/d if your chassis no is affected
              2. if you have a case/claim number chase them up
              3. If you dont, use the contact details in my post 6 above and get one
              hope that helps and clarifies, because I have had a letter stating they will do it, I intend to hold them to that.
              I trust I didnt upset you with my reply, because I am up to speed with the issue I assumed incorectly that others were as well...Ooops
              Will keep all posted
              Not upset at all. Have been keeping on top of this thread, but just
              wondered whether any of the others might have had it done and just
              neglected to mention it. (I'm not really a paranoid pessimist, BTW).

Finally did check mine against the list the other day, and I do appear
              to be in the affected range. Popped off an e-mail last night to that address
              you posted. Thanks for that. Should hopefully have some response within
              a few days.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by andy

Also something that was pointed out on the Aus site is that some of the newer imports may have already been done in Japan, and the way to check is that they have a yellow paint mark on the right of the vin plate and a green G sticker on the rear window, see attached jpg.

Hooray!!! i got a sticker.... no. 474 just gotta figure out how to get under the bonnet... (not even tried yet so dont even know where the lever is)
                http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

My truck was imported in July last year. It has the modification done. You know it's been done by yellow paint on the right hand side of the vin plate on the bulkhead. I wasn't aware the green sticker was also to do with this, but mine also has the sticker on the rear bottom left hand corner of the rear window.

Comment

looked at mine today , the surf that is , i have the yellow dot also the green sticker, well pleased now.

Comment

after all this time having the surf and I think its only because its been lashing down and the back window is clear......I noticed the sticker a couple of days ago and wondered what it was for

Comment

dont wanna sticka
                        dont wanna blob - yellow or otherwise
                        just wanna rod - fitted free - soon
                        pleeeeeese!
                        Tony

Comment

Matt
                          Hi Matt

I've just read your little bit and though I haven't had it done yet I have just, and I mean just, (ie this afternoon!) had Toyota UK ring me and say it can go ahead so I've just booked it in for 13th June. they say its a 2 hour job.
                          As for ringing Toyota GB, I would get hold of Toyota Europe first who will then get in touch with Toyota GB for you. They will find out if your Surf needs the recall. Theres quite a few links on here about this, and I even copied one of the lads emails and used that to contact Toyota Europe.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                            Hi Matt

I've just read your little bit and though I haven't had it done yet I have just, and I mean just, (ie this afternoon!) had Toyota UK ring me and say it can go ahead so I've just booked it in for 13th June. they say its a 2 hour job.
                            As for ringing Toyota GB, I would get hold of Toyota Europe first who will then get in touch with Toyota GB for you. They will find out if your Surf needs the recall. Theres quite a few links on here about this, and I even copied one of the lads emails and used that to contact Toyota Europe.

Good luck

Good to hear that someone has finally managed to make it.
                            I think it was the UK address that I popped the e-mail off to. If
                            they try to fob me off, I'll give that Europe contact address a try.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                              Hi Matt

Good luck
                              great news for you, can you confirm which route you took and do you have any names??
                              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by andy

Ihave the sticker but no yellow blob, I assume this means it's been sorted?
                                Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                                X