• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Recall For Surfs

Found this while I was at work..testing the internet

any one come across it before?.

http://www.accidentreconstruction.co...04/102604a.asp

Its been well covered, UK 4Runner owners have had letter from Toyota, and lots of imports have done. You need to get in touch with Toyota.

Not all trucks are affected, our 89 and 94 Surfs are both in the clear.

Scroll down to the bottem of this page, you'll see all the previous threads.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

how much are these rods to buy and what do they look like , dunno if mine was changed in the recall , dont suppose i will ever know really.

Comment

anyone tell me if im on the recall , cheers
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          anyone tell me if im on the recall , cheers
          i would of thought so but give Toyota U.K a ring and get your details logged with them anyway
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Update

Hi All
            having not heard anything for 2 months I asked Toyota for an update
            I got this

My apologies for the delay in resolving this issue for you. However, I am in regular contact with our European Headquarters in order to bring this matter to a close as soon as possible.

Due to the fact that Japanese domestic cars can be very different to those in the European market we have to wait for instructions and authorisation from Japan before we can carry out any work that may be required on your car.

I am afraid that this can take some time but please be assured that I am endeavouring to resolve this for you as quickly as possible and will be in touch as soon as I know more.

If you have any enquiries or require any further information please contact me on 01737 367600 (telephone) or 01737 367721 (facsimile) or at customer.relations@tgb.toyota. co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Jane Allen
            Customer Support Co-ordinator

Not verry impressed I thought they needed a prod so replied thus......

Good morning
            I find your reply more than a little confusing, being as owners of 4 Runners (UK spec vehicles) have been contacted by Toyota and some allready been modified and the parts concerned are identical to those on all models of the Surf (as are susspension, drive train, steering, chassis etc) and most others except trim differences and add ons, how can it be that
            1. we received no notification
            2. we have had to do all the chasing
            3. even though our vehicles (Surf's) are potencially just as dangerous as 4 Runners, those are done ours are not.
            4. our vehicles are registered at the same place (DVLA)
            5. owners of Surf's probably now outnumber 4Runner owners (or perhaps synical me has overlooked this reason!)
            6. all the above mentioned vehicles have the same badge
            7. the fact that an imported car involved in a tragedy would be no less devestating for the victim, owner and onlookers and no less damaging for Toyota
            8. parts are availlable
            We are subject to unaceptable delays and receiving 2nd class treatment because of internal political wrangelings.
            Even though (we hope) the chance of a problem is possibly small, it has been recognised by Toyota as big enough to warrent action, these vehicles by their nature are put into some testing hostile situations that could make the chances and frequency of such failures more likely to happen and in a powerfull vehicle of around 2 tonnes the concequences don't bear thinking about. However we do have to think about them every time we get behind the wheel.
            I am a member of a Hilux -Surf/4 Runner/pick up forum on the internet and I am aware of many members with such reservations. I also understand that owners in Australia, New Zealand and Africa have been refused to have this manufacturer identified fault rectified.
            I think it is reasonable to ask you to forward our concerns and views to the hirachy in Japan and ask as a matter of urgency for a definite timescale for action.
            This is not a new problem it has been around to our knowledge since 2004, since then our vehicles have aged, been subjected to corrosion, wear, stresses and strains. Please ask the question 'How much longer must we be expected to wait for action, having to drive vehicles that Toyota say need modification as a safety issue????'

dont know what it will produce.......but
            p.s did post this before smell chucking it!!
            Last edited by fatfires; 23 May 2006, 12:16.
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

How much do you bet the Toyota will go... 'bl**dy imports', file that for later... (read bin), you'll get a response that its the Toyota Japan, the Toyota Japan will say it is Toyota Europe, and Toyota Europe will say its Toyota UK... and around we go again, and never hear again, till it gets chased from our end..

Either that or sharp intake of breath... well its an import and they are very different to the UK spec cars......

We thankyou for your efforts to get a definitive answer... but expect the worst. Perhaps we can get the new part numbers for the modified part... and just start ordering them.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                How much do you bet the Toyota will go... 'bl**dy imports', file that for later... (read bin), you'll get a response that its the Toyota Japan, the Toyota Japan will say it is Toyota Europe, and Toyota Europe will say its Toyota UK... and around we go again, and never hear again, till it gets chased from our end..

Either that or sharp intake of breath... well its an import and they are very different to the UK spec cars......

We thankyou for your efforts to get a definitive answer... but expect the worst. Perhaps we can get the new part numbers for the modified part... and just start ordering them.
                I'm like a cross between Meldrew and a terrier with atitude - I for 1 aint letting this one go!!!!
                Tony

Comment

Good on you!!

once you've sorted it, let me know so i can get mine done!
                  Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                    Good on you!!

once you've sorted it, let me know so i can get mine done!
                    have no fear, all on here will know as soon as I get a result (you notice I dont say if!)
                    by the way when are you going to bring back your bouncy avatar?? now thats what I call movement!!!!!!!!
                    Tony

Comment

toyota uk fobbed me off with a toyota dealer in battersea who took all the particulars of my truck when i explained what the problem was,
                      he phoned me back later that day and said he could not get any details of my truck up on the computer and so he couldnt help,
                      what should i do next
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

toyota uk fobbed me off with a toyota dealer in battersea who took all the particulars of my truck when i explained what the problem was,
                        he phoned me back later that day and said he could not get any details of my truck up on the computer and so he couldnt help,
                        what should i do next

contact numbers/names/e mails in my post 6 in this thread phone/mail them with your details and full chassis no
                        good luck!
                        Tony

Comment

what should i do next
                          Toyota UK sorted out our trucks, you spoke to the wrong person.

This is the best thread with all the contact details on it....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=recall
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Is that better Tony?
                            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                              Is that better Tony?
                              Oh Yes!!............ I think I'm in lust
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X