Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    No worries, I was being hypothetical.
    Still...bill the next fat guy that p****s you off for something anyway...
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

In relation to the cost of solar power, I will hold my hand up and say it is being very quietly promoted as you can get significant grants towards them, but the payback is still many years.

I do not want to point fingers at all these people who sit in their 4x4's dropping off their 1 kid etc, but it slows my journey down like others by up to 30mins, as all the routes out of my area have at least 1 school and it is unavoidable, some may have to travel from miles away. But, why don't these green lobbiest, get into the schools and start organising, walking bus routes, car pooling between parents etc. Government grants for small busses that will remove x number of cars off the road. (However in my area there is a pickup point where two coaches turn up in the mornings to take the kids to school and it is always rammed with X5's, landies, rangies etc, all all running engines while mums stand and talk to each other, its a start I suppose, but the use of these vehicles can be reduced further if sharing took place)T. When I was a nipper, a neighbour used to take 6 diff kids to school in his safari landi, instead of different parents taking us. These kind of actions can reduce car use more than pasting stickers on 4x4 windows.

I am off out of this country to sunnier climes when I get my new place, untill then, I won't let the foooookers grind me down.

p.s. I wonder If I could carry a bucket of steaming cow sh#t in my truck and if I caught someone muddying my car I could pour it over them, very funny. (Oh this is another trend by the way, they attack your truck and cover it in mud)
      If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

Mines alway covered in mud ....ergo ....do you think they might clean it for me
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
          Mines alway covered in mud ....ergo ....do you think they might clean it for me
          you kidding? they can't clean themselves, let alone a mighty beast like a surf!!!
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            you kidding? they can't clean themselves, let alone a mighty beast like a surf!!!
            It would be funny to see them try
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Will you STOP doing the anti,s job for them. Its currently your right and your choice to own and operate a 4x 4 and take it where you will as long as its legal. If Mum wants to take the kids to school in it thats her right. If you never ever ever intend taking it off road, thats your right, If you want to " play" offroad in it thats your right as well. It would be just as easy to formulate an argument that offroading for "fun" is morally wrong and just as bad as taking the kids to school ( if not worse). So please STOP agreeing with anything that the anti,s have to say on the subject. Everyone can legally own and operate a 4 x4 and drive it and use it any way they wish as long as its legal, just as you have the right to do the same with a Smart or a Fiat Cinciquento, or any other totty little car.
              So Im begging you STOP agreeing with anything that the narrow minded bigoted, misguided anti,s have to say on the subject. You should be defending your rights to the hilt. They are getting fewer every day. You dont need to defend your vehicle choice to ANYBODY, its nobodys business what you do with it, so forget the " I go to building sites", " I tow big trailers" as a form of self justification, I dont care and you DONT need to justify anything to anybody and certainly not on here.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

What if you had a big shiney stainless steel bashplate fitted and you knocked down a fattie. They would go under the truck and the bashplate would skim over them raising the trucks front wheels off the road disabling the steering and front brakes!
                Either that or he'd be rather thin & dead afterwoods !!!!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                  Will you STOP doing the anti,s job for them. Its currently your right and your choice to own and operate a 4x 4 and take it where you will as long as its legal. If Mum wants to take the kids to school in it thats her right. If you never ever ever intend taking it off road, thats your right, If you want to " play" offroad in it thats your right as well. It would be just as easy to formulate an argument that offroading for "fun" is morally wrong and just as bad as taking the kids to school ( if not worse). So please STOP agreeing with anything that the anti,s have to say on the subject. Everyone can legally own and operate a 4 x4 and drive it and use it any way they wish as long as its legal, just as you have the right to do the same with a Smart or a Fiat Cinciquento, or any other totty little car.
                  So Im begging you STOP agreeing with anything that the narrow minded bigoted, misguided anti,s have to say on the subject. You should be defending your rights to the hilt. They are getting fewer every day. You dont need to defend your vehicle choice to ANYBODY, its nobodys business what you do with it, so forget the " I go to building sites", " I tow big trailers" as a form of self justification, I dont care and you DONT need to justify anything to anybody and certainly not on here.

Bogus

Another good point well made

phil

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

Bogus
                    Exactamundo!.

Comment

This topic has been covered here before so I shall say it all again.
                      We live in a democracy, you guys in the U.K and me in N.Z.
                      lets not go into how democratic that is.
                      We have Freedom of choice of vehicle
                      We have Freedom of movement
                      We have freedom of expression ( speech )
                      These are very fundamental things that have been defended by blood by our forebears.

The anti's there and here can GaGF'd as far as I am concered.

I'm off to have a fag and a pint now !!
                      Simon.O.
                      '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I always love the emotional blackmail aspect in the articles like the one that started this thread by Cat Dorey.
                        If you drive a 4x4 the children in africa will starve.
                        Hmmmm
                        Still not sure about this one.
                        Famed TV actress can chenge her 4x4 to something more suitable.
                        Hmmmmm That affects me how?
                        Concern for you environment is fair comment, but these guys are so misplced. Who gives a badgers arse what you drive to take you kids to school, bottom line get them on the bus! Stop taking your ford mondeo to pop down the road for a pint of milk and get off you vegatarian arse and walk.
                        I guess it's not different to the way (sorry guys no offence is meant here) Arsenal Supporters hate spurs supporters, or Welsh Rugby fans hate the English. Every one needs a hate figure to justify thier support of a cause.
                        I just wish they would look at the bigger picture, ie industrym waste in terms of tin cans and household rubbish before attacking peoples choice of transport. These people always seem to attack what appears to an easy target rather than the nitty gritty big impact targets.

Rant over
                        I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
                          I always love the emotional blackmail aspect in the articles like the one that started this thread by Cat Dorey.
                          If you drive a 4x4 the children in africa will starve.
                          Hmmmm

If Africa would use all her unused land mass for growing rape, they would create a vast export business in selling the seed to the rest of the world to make veg oil for diesel vehicles, the vehicles that would transport their products to the rest of the world, and the money generated would feed the starving people, take the country out of it's poverty stricken status, cancel out their debts and at the same time look after our atmophere thus saving the planet.
                          Every ones a winner!

Or is that too simple?

Comment

If Africa would use all her unused land mass for growing rape, they would create a vast export business in selling the seed to the rest of the world to make veg oil for diesel vehicles, the vehicles that would transport their products to the rest of the world, and the money generated would feed the starving people, take the country out of it's poverty stricken status, cancel out their debts and at the same time look after our atmophere thus saving the planet.
                            Every ones a winner!

Or is that too simple?
                            After they get rid of all the land mines

Bogus
                            Сви можемо

Comment

saves using a plough I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by dickspanner

p.s. I wonder If I could carry a bucket of steaming cow sh#t in my truck and if I caught someone muddying my car I could pour it over them, very funny. (Oh this is another trend by the way, they attack your truck and cover it in mud)
                                I get the very occasional raw egg on mine (and to quote Catherine Tate - Am I bovvered?!). I'd always assumed it was the local kids larking about but maybe there is a self righteous tw*t lurking round here somewhere. If only he'd reveal his identity, we could chat like adults over a beer (assuming he's not anti-alcohol) and work out our differences.

Then I could lure him outside and beat the living sh*t out of him
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X