Inside The Mind Of An Anti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside The Mind Of An Anti

Article from last nights London Evening Standard.

For some reason I am selecting the article I scanned and getting a pic of my Zook instead!!!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 5 April 2006, 10:47.
    It's only a hobby!

No article just a pic of a nice little zook..........

Comment

Sorted now. T'was a slip of the mouse.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

These Anti-4x4 people make me laugh. Put into perspective, they are factually clueless. Might appear a rather abrupt statement to make, but when they go round cities, slapping untrue information printed on bits of paper and then supergluing them to your lovely clean windscreen causing hassle, it seems fair to say.

Lorries, Busses, Trains, planes, Jaguars, Rolls, Maybach, Ferrari and Lambos Eastern Europeans and Americans cause so much polution that any that would come from a car that does 30mpg, in our case the Surf, is atom in size compared to the gunge emitted from lorries etc... Those anti 4x4 brigade, imo, should be sticking papers and cardboard wheel clamps onto them, before naively targeting the 4x4. Too much PC and liberal namby pambys have made a massive issue over the easiest to target movement. The 4x4 owner.
        I would hope that some of them would take a 1 hour drive through Moscow in Russia, and then see how they feel with the taste of the dirt in the mouth, tight chest and coughing up of phlem(sorry for sounding yukky) for the next 3 days after that drive through in Moscow. Would they think twice before carrying out their naive actions in the UK?. Maybe not, but then again, the anti-4x4 brigade are rather over reactionary to say the least.

Anyway, I am off out on lands end to john o groats 100 times journey, just to annoy them!

Comment

Originally posted by smego
          These Anti-4x4 people make me laugh. Put into perspective, they are factually clueless. Might appear a rather abrupt statement to make, but when they go round cities, slapping untrue information printed on bits of paper and then supergluing them to your lovely clean windscreen causing hassle, it seems fair to say.

Lorries, Busses, Trains, planes, Jaguars, Rolls, Maybach, Ferrari and Lambos Eastern Europeans and Americans cause so much polution that any that would come from a car that does 30mpg, in our case the Surf, is atom in size compared to the gunge emitted from lorries etc... Those anti 4x4 brigade, imo, should be sticking papers and cardboard wheel clamps onto them, before naively targeting the 4x4. Too much PC and liberal namby pambys have made a massive issue over the easiest to target movement. The 4x4 owner.
          I would hope that some of them would take a 1 hour drive through Moscow in Russia, and then see how they feel with the taste of the dirt in the mouth, tight chest and coughing up of phlem(sorry for sounding yukky) for the next 3 days after that drive through in Moscow. Would they think twice before carrying out their naive actions in the UK?. Maybe not, but then again, the anti-4x4 brigade are rather over reactionary to say the least.

Anyway, I am off out on lands end to john o groats 100 times journey, just to annoy them!
          Well said....................also if our vehicle of choice uses more fuel, we pay more fuel tax..............which leads me to wonder why myself & my wife have to pay so much tax when we have no kids blah blah blah !!!
          Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Questions to ask antis:

How much electrical equipment, in your house now, is either on or on standby and not actively being used?
            At what temperature is the central heating thermostat set?
            Are any of your radiators turned off?
            How often, and for how long, do you run the central heating?
            How many loads of washing do you do in a week?
            Do you cook in a microwave or an oven?
            How long do you spend in the shower each day?
            Do you have solar power / solar water heating / ground-heat heating / wind turbines?
            Do you EVER use air conditioning?

The average house and the average car "consume" similar amounts of energy and all of the above point to areas where energy can be saved. If they're not doing their bit, they should stop preaching!

(Incidentally, 6 blankets on a bed mean you don't need central heating on at all overnight, but I'm just tight-fisted )

Comment

its the usual regurgitation of misinfo.....
              "you are three times more likely to kill a pedestrian in a 4x4"
              erm..........you are likely to kill a person every time you hit em with ANY car..... Dont hit them would be the reasonable argument.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                erm..........you are likely to kill a person every time you hit em with ANY car..... Dont hit them would be the reasonable argument.....
                Actually, in general, you are more likely to kill a pedestrian if you hit them with a 4x4 than with an "ordinary" car, even one of similar weight. They actually got this one right

As you said: "Don't hit them", then the argument falls apart.

Whatever vehicle you drive, you need to be aware of its handling characteristics and drive accordingly.

Comment

im more than likely to killla pedestrian !!!!! i drive a lorry
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I am going to post on this subject as I am getting more and more frustrated with this militant state we are beginning to transform ourselves into. Day by Day groups of people who want to justify there high wages pick on a minority group and decide to either make them feel like they are scum and people to look at them like they are scum or totally ban that kind of item. I have just been raped by the NERC bill and have practically been classed as a outcast for green laning on my bike, now they have sucessfully completed that past-time removal they are moving onto another.

I use my 4x4 to go on building sites and camping etc, the day I meet someone attaching something to my tonka, I will undertake a citizens arrest for criminal damage, it fooks me off that these guys have got nothing more to do with there time.

Why don't they spend time looking into green power, emmisions from airports, recycling issues, wastes from other products. Do something useful instead of persecuting another minority.

I do agree about chelsea tractors, it infuriates me when I drive past a school in the morning and there are rows of x5's, range rovers, etc with mums dropping off one kid. What is wrong with walking to school with your kid, and letting your children get some exercise etc, they may never know, they may not have to go to the gym and walk for endless hours on walking machines and save more money and more use of their big 4x4s.

Why don't the campaigners wait outside schools day in day out, or set up walking bus routes with other parents, they work, no emissions, everyone gets exercise and solves big problems. No because that does not get them in the news as much as can only be seen as justifiable criminal damage.

Rant Rant Rant.
                    If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

Veg Oil

If you are a REGISTERED veg/bio diesel user, why do you have to pay the extra rise in car tax? Your emissions are safer than a 1000cc car.
                      Still Searching,
                      Dick Whittington

Comment

I've also heard that Farm animals produce more greenhouse gasses than Cars anyway - what are they going to do, ban Cows????

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                          A couple of weeks ago i was driving down our street when i just noticed the top of a headscarf above a small van.
                          I put my brakes on just in case anyone stepped out from behind the van and sure enough, an old lady walked across the road completely oblivious to the fact that i was driving my vehicle and i stopped about 2 feet from her.

Now if i had have been driving our rover 416 i would not have been high enough up in the car to have seen the top of her head from behind the van and would have hit her for sure.

This is the second time that this has happened to me and i could have had two deaths on my concience if it were not for the fact that i was sat high enough up in my surf.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                            I've also heard that Farm animals produce more greenhouse gasses than Cars anyway - what are they going to do, ban Cows????
                            Well done Lucky they'll be insisting on MOT's for Animals soon

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I know what you mean about mums with their x5's and range rovers, when it's term time it takes me an extra 15-20 mins to get to work. If mums would walk their children into school everyone would save time and save fuel. Every body in all kind of cars sitting around for 15-20 mins every morning and eveing can't be good.
                              I really look forward to school holidays, the roads are clear and i can set off later and still be on time. Plus i save on my fuel bill, cos i'm not start stopping all the time.
                              Jim
                              i like it muddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X