No announcement yet.

Recall notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose your right, I should be grateful that they got back to me and acknowledged that I/we exist. Its just that I've had dealings with Toyota(GB) before and until they do it, it ain't done!

Comment

i,ve only just picked up on this thread.... what model and year(s) are affected by this recall ??

carl....
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Originally posted by surfcarl
        i,ve only just picked up on this thread.... what model and year(s) are affected by this recall ??

carl....
        PERSONAL IMPORTS 01737367931
        ring this number and give them your vehicle details
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by den 22
          I called Toyota GB today, got case number but I'm waiting for Toyota Europe to ring me back to confirm my surfing status. Could take up to a month! Has anyone had this work done in the Suffolk/East Anglia area? Den.
          I'm just north of Ipswich and I've just bought a Surf, I have checked and there is no yellow mark near the VIN plate or green 'G' sticker on the rear screen. I have spoken to Ipswich Toyota who has asked for my V5 and mileage so that they can pass the info into Belgium and on to Japan to see if I come under the recall. As I have only just bought it, I am still waiting for it to come back from the DVLA.

According to the range of chassis numbers stated I do.

If I get no joy here should I get in touch with Toyota GB?
          Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
            I'm just north of Ipswich and I've just bought a Surf, I have checked and there is no yellow mark near the VIN plate or green 'G' sticker on the rear screen. I have spoken to Ipswich Toyota who has asked for my V5 and mileage so that they can pass the info into Belgium and on to Japan to see if I come under the recall. As I have only just bought it, I am still waiting for it to come back from the DVLA.

According to the range of chassis numbers stated I do.

If I get no joy here should I get in touch with Toyota GB?
            Probably best to contact Toyota GB anyway - they will get things moving for you.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Probably best to contact Toyota GB anyway - they will get things moving for you.

Trev
              Hi Trev,

Yep, just rang Toyota GB and got fobbed off with 'contact your local dealer as your Surf many not be on the recall'.

So I'll have to wait for my V5 from DVLA and go from there... I'll keep you updated.
              Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                Hi Trev,

Yep, just rang Toyota GB and got fobbed off with 'contact your local dealer as your Surf many not be on the recall'.

So I'll have to wait for my V5 from DVLA and go from there... I'll keep you updated.
                Contact Toyota Europe. They seem to be far more on the ball in the
                initial enquiry phase.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Contact Toyota Europe. They seem to be far more on the ball in the
                  initial enquiry phase.

They are, but they then pass you over to Toyota GB, who then give you another ref. number. But saying that, i called them yesterday, and they called me back today saying that they will try to find out if my Surf is on the recall. Here's hoping they carry on at that speed, but i doubt it.
                  Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

now that the Toyota dealers over here have got the manuals for the imports then it shouldn't take long at all b4 your surf is called up.If i was you all i would check your vehicle b4 it goes in and again after to check that they haven't done any damage.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

missus just got a call from toyota bromley booked it in 1st august then hes computer crashed so he said he will phone back ,
                      wonder who was driving the computer ???
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2119
                        They are, but they then pass you over to Toyota GB, who then give you another ref. number. But saying that, i called them yesterday, and they called me back today saying that they will try to find out if my Surf is on the recall. Here's hoping they carry on at that speed, but i doubt it.
                        When I contacted Europe, they saw to all the initial phase, finding
                        out if the Surf required the recall and such, and only passed it over
                        to GB for the final part, to await contact for booking in. Europe saw
                        to everything else, and within a week.

Comment

Working...
                        X