X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Whats going on in 2012?

Something to do with olympics

No the end of the world ............Thats when the inca or maya calander runs out
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Bit late really. The Incas ran out years ago! Maybe they were being optimistic?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Re

Righto!

Got a few quickies for the diesel heads amongst us!

I have TOTALLY flushed and cleaned the cooling system and the matrices for both the heaters separately.

I put in a NEW thermostat and replaced the radiator cap with a NEW one.

There isn't a tiny speck of dirt in the system now at all.

I have refilled it with quality coolant and ran the vehicle etc. but still I cannot get NO heat coming from either of the heaters?

I can't fathom it?

I am correct in summising that this time, it is DEFINITELY an airlock causing this?

I also noticed that before I changed the thermostat I could flush the system via the top hose both ways, after I changed the thermostat it seemed as if it was BLOCKED and seemed to be building up pressure when I was flushing with the hose attached with a very tight hose clip to the top hose!

Was this "block" because my new thermostat was working correctly and my old thermostat was knackered, and had locked fully open when I was flushing before?

When thermostats break do they lock open?

After checking the rubber hoses to the rear heater in the engine bay below the air box I noticed that one of them seemed "solid" and the other one was able to be pinched and pretty flexible.

As water seemed to only be getting through one of them to the rear matrix would it be a good guess that this solid pipe is buggered and is solid because it is blocked with ****?

Can anyone advise?

I really appreciate the advice from you all!

Thanks again!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
          Righto!

Got a few quickies for the diesel heads amongst us!

I have TOTALLY flushed and cleaned t

[Snippo-matic TM activated]

Can anyone advise?

I really appreciate the advice from you all!

Thanks again!

Gary
          Err - did you mean to post this question on this thread?
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Re

No, actually it was deliberate as this is where everyone seems to be these days!

WOW What a thread!

I have been deliberately avoiding this until now!

I think that "racism" and "biggotry" etc. is encoded into our genetic structure just the same way as all our other traits.

It is human nature, unavoidable and extremely dangerous.

We have been killing each other over "religion" ever since we could hold a club!

We are a destructive and hostile species, we kill anything we can and this is our nature.

We kill those of us who try and stop the killing!

We killed Jesus didn't we?

We cannot be tamed, rather like trying to tame a fox, it's not possible!

Having lived and breathed it in N. Ireland for years I have come to the simple conclusion that we cannot do anything about it as it is our fate to destroy each other, as written and predicted so, so many times in history.

There has never been a period in history where we have not been killing eath other, think about it!

All the little events around the globe are part of the big picture that one day we are going to exterminate each other over religion.

Bush didn't attack Iraq for the oil, what the hell does a 70 year old man care about oil?

He attacked Iraq because Bush is a Fundamental Christian and he has vowed to eradicate Islam because he and his followers believe that it is the righteous thing to do!

Bin Laden etc. have know this for a long time and that is why we are in a situation like we are now.

The only reason he has not invaded Iran YET is because the American forces are overstretched and do not have enough men, it will come soon though, I would bet my life on it!

Nostadamus predicted that the end of the world will come following a war between the EAST and the WEST, he also mentions the crescent and the cross.

He also stated that the "reds" will join the "whites" against the crescent, as we know the reds are Russia and as communism is all but dead we can summise that he means they will join America against Islam.

I am not a crank or wierdo, I am 37 years old and even in my short time on earth I have noticed a decline in the world.

I firmly beleive that we are all doomed and it is only a matter of time.

It is written in the Bible and many, many other sources.

Bin Laden and his crew will use ANY means they can to destroy the Americans, if that includes nuclear bombs or chemical weapons they will have no qualms about it.

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME!

We are all going to be victims of a war we have no say in or no control over, it is being fought at a level far, far above what we have come to understand.

It is way above calling names on the streets and beating people up on housing estates.

The men in control of this planet are going to be the downfall of us all, the next time you see Bush in the TV look at him and you'll notice he seems to be always preoccupied and distant, does he know something we don't?

Gary

Comment

next time you see Bush in the TV look at him and you'll notice he seems to be always preoccupied and distant, does he know something we don't?

Gary
              Probably all he knows that we don't is that he has Shat himself. I recognise that expression from the baby.

Comment

chin up

No, actually it was deliberate as this is where everyone seems to be these days!

Inline - sorry!

WOW What a thread!

I think that "racism" and "biggotry" etc. is encoded into our genetic structure just the same way as all our other traits.

We have been killing each other over "religion" ever since we could hold a club!

We are a destructive and hostile species, we kill anything we can and this is our nature.
                We usually need a reason, though how some arrive at the reason is questionable. Most species kill, humans are one of the more peaceful species, we just have the tools to do it on a bigger scale than anything else - aside from nature itself.

Not me personally. If you believe in that, the people who killed him were the people affected by peoples belief in him. The powerful were losing their power. A common reason for killing.

Very pessimistic view. As I said, most people are peaceful. Generally, the 'have nots' see the 'haves' and want some for themselves. Another common reason for war - territory, wealth etc.

Having lived and breathed it in N. Ireland for years I have come to the simple conclusion that we cannot do anything about it as it is our fate to destroy each other, as written and predicted so, so many times in history.

There has never been a period in history where we have not been killing eath other, think about it!

All the little events around the globe are part of the big picture that one day we are going to exterminate each other over religion.

Bush didn't attack Iraq for the oil, what the hell does a 70 year old man care about oil?
                Of course he did! USA are the biggest consumer of oil on the planet! Cheap fuel is a vote winner. If they control the oil, they control the planet. Oil in the hands of an unstable country destabilises the countries who depend on it.

He attacked Iraq because Bush is a Fundamental Christian and he has vowed to eradicate Islam because he and his followers believe that it is the righteous thing to do!
                Rubbish! Redneck Americans fear what they dont understand - which is most things - and this is why they have a deep mistrust of Islamic followers. It doesn't go so far as to want to wipe them all out. Thats a LOT of people!

Bin Laden etc. have know this for a long time and that is why we are in a situation like we are now.
                Simply, Bin Laden is another man who longs for power.

The only reason he has not invaded Iran YET is because the American forces are overstretched and do not have enough men, it will come soon though, I would bet my life on it!
                You seriously underestimate the size of the US military!

Nostadamus predicted that the end of the world will come following a war between the EAST and the WEST, he also mentions the crescent and the cross.
                He mentions rather a lot. Typical fortune teller. Get as much info into your predictions as possible. Some of it will be close to right and then you can say 'I told you so'.

He also stated that the "reds" will join the "whites" against the crescent, as we know the reds are Russia and as communism is all but dead we can summise that he means they will join America against Islam.
                The reds are also Liverpool or Man United. It can mean whatever you wish to read into it. Nostradamus has predicted shed loads of stuff which hasn't actually happened!

I am not a crank or wierdo, I am 37 years old and even in my short time on earth I have noticed a decline in the world.
                Really? OK, so there's some bad sh1t going on, but I dont see WW1 as a walk in the park do you? We have the ability to cure diseases that killed only half a century ago and this is improving all the time. We can be anywhere in the worl within 12 hours, we have 42" tellies and the means to speak to anyone in the world in seconds. The world *is* becoming a better place. Some of us are out there making it better, improving communication between races, educating people. Things will get better if there is the will to make them better. George Bush is a blip. He's a dimwit controlled by people who want to feather their own nest and mould the world in their ideal. He will pass.

Well, we ARE all doomed... I do not believe the human race is though. I believe we are better than that. I believe one day, people will look back on the way the world has been and see us as struggling pioneers. Just like we look back on the pioneers building America, and struggling to build a way of life.

Dean Koontz reckons aliens walk amongst us. JK Rowling reckons broomsticks fly.

Bin Laden and his crew will use ANY means they can to destroy the Americans, if that includes nuclear bombs or chemical weapons they will have no qualms about it.
                Saddam *did* have a chemical weapon capability, and the means to attack nearby countries (not UK) but he didn't use it, not even against UK / US invasion. Why?

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME!

We are all going to be victims of a war we have no say in or no control over, it is being fought at a level far, far above what we have come to understand.
                We do have a say, it's called a vote.

It is way above calling names on the streets and beating people up on housing estates.
                Yep, your average scally / pikey / yob /chav doesn't have WAH-64s with Hellfires at his disposal. Just as well eh because these normal lads on the street would sure as hell use em against rival mobs if he had them ;-)

The men in control of this planet are going to be the downfall of us all, the next time you see Bush in the TV look at him and you'll notice he seems to be always preoccupied and distant, does he know something we don't?
                He's thick basically. He's busy stringing the next sentance together. I doubt Bush knows ANYTHING anyone else doesn't know, probably a lot less!

Chin up matey! We'll be ok!

Gary
                Reply inline

Comment

Inline - sorry!

WOW What a thread!

We usually need a reason, though how some arrive at the reason is questionable. Most species kill, humans are one of the more peaceful species, we just have the tools to do it on a bigger scale than anything else - aside from nature itself.
                  Humans are the only species who kill for pleasure!

Not me personally. If you believe in that, the people who killed him were the people affected by peoples belief in him. The powerful were losing their power. A common reason for killing.
                  Fair comment!

Very pessimistic view. As I said, most people are peaceful. Generally, the 'have nots' see the 'haves' and want some for themselves. Another common reason for war - territory, wealth etc.
                  Religion has been the cause of the vast majority of wars, fact!

Of course he did! USA are the biggest consumer of oil on the planet! Cheap fuel is a vote winner. If they control the oil, they control the planet. Oil in the hands of an unstable country destabilises the countries who depend on it.
                  Having done a bit of research on this I suppose it boils down to opinions, some think he did and others think he didn't, I think the latter!

R
                  ubbish! Redneck Americans fear what they dont understand - which is most things - and this is why they have a deep mistrust of Islamic followers. It doesn't go so far as to want to wipe them all out. Thats a LOT of people!
                  Thats just what I said! They probably don't understand Buddism either but they don't go invading Tibet! Bush has gone on record stating that God "speaks through him".

God Speaks Through Bush

Simply, Bin Laden is another man who longs for power.
                  Simplistic, but probably true! He sees himself as the saviour of his people but why do his people need a saviour?

You seriously underestimate the size of the US military!
                  Wrong, the US Forces are SERIOUSLY overstretched!

US Military Overstretched

He mentions rather a lot. Typical fortune teller. Get as much info into your predictions as possible. Some of it will be close to right and then you can say 'I told you so'.
                  Fair comment, simple matter of opinions and beliefs, nothing more!

The reds are also Liverpool or Man United. It can mean whatever you wish to read into it. Nostradamus has predicted shed loads of stuff which hasn't actually happened!
                  Quite a lot he predicted has happened, this was only an observation not a sermon on my part, I was merely trying to draw attention to the human belief in self destruction!

Really? OK, so there's some bad sh1t going on, but I dont see WW1 as a walk in the park do you? We have the ability to cure diseases that killed only half a century ago and this is improving all the time. We can be anywhere in the worl within 12 hours, we have 42" tellies and the means to speak to anyone in the world in seconds. The world *is* becoming a better place. Some of us are out there making it better, improving communication between races, educating people. Things will get better if there is the will to make them better. George Bush is a blip. He's a dimwit controlled by people who want to feather their own nest and mould the world in their ideal. He will pass.
                  The world "is" becoming a better place for "who" exactly? Most young married people can't even afford a small house in their own towns anymore. The gap between wealth and poverty has never been larger. Millions of people on the planet still die of starvation and avoidable disease every year. Crime is on the rise. World travel, televisions and the ability to talk to relatives in New Zealand do not make the world a better place. Fine, we have the ability to cure diseases that killed us 50 years ago but what about the diseases that are killing us now, not to mention the diseases that are predicted such as "Asian Bird Flu" etc.

Well, we ARE all doomed... I do not believe the human race is though. I believe we are better than that. I believe one day, people will look back on the way the world has been and see us as struggling pioneers. Just like we look back on the pioneers building America, and struggling to build a way of life.
                  Only time will tell!

Dean Koontz reckons aliens walk amongst us. JK Rowling reckons broomsticks fly.
                  Irrelevant sarcasm, Dean Koontz and J. K. Rowling are authors of horror/fictional novels. The inability to accept and respect anothers religious beliefs is why this world is so screwed up, and one of the points I was trying to make in the first place!

Saddam *did* have a chemical weapon capability, and the means to attack nearby countries (not UK) but he didn't use it, not even against UK / US invasion. Why?
                  The worlds experts have now come to the shocking realisation that Saddam DID NOT have chemical or nuclear capabilities after all and YOU are stating that they did, whom am I to believe?

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME!

We do have a say, it's called a vote.
                  If that was the case our troops would never have been sent to Iraq, our votes only decide what half wit ends up in No.10, nothing more, nothing less!

Yep, your average scally / pikey / yob /chav doesn't have WAH-64s with Hellfires at his disposal. Just as well eh because these normal lads on the street would sure as hell use em against rival mobs if he had them ;-)
                  Fair comment, it's people who actually kill, not the Hellfires, they are just the tools!

He's thick basically. He's busy stringing the next sentance together. I doubt Bush knows ANYTHING anyone else doesn't know, probably a lot less!
                  Bush is far from thick, he gives a good impression of it though!

I have 2 young children, will they be ok?

Gary

Comment

Just a quickie - need to get back to my work as a harbinger of war machinery ;-)

Humans are the only species who kill for pleasure!

Sorry, you're wrong. Sharks, Killer Whale, many big cats, many smaller rodent predators and probably many more that dont drop off the top of my head at the mo are known to kill for the sake of it.

Having done a bit of research on this I suppose it boils down to opinions, some think he did and others think he didn't, I think the latter!
                    What do you think is more likely? USA - biggest oil consumer in the world with reducing stocks and rising prices looking to secure oil in an unstable part of the world, or some religious fanatic who wants to rid the world of non-christians. Come on!

[B]Thats just what I said! They probably don't understand Buddism either but they don't go invading Tibet!

Maybe you answered your own question here? No oil in Tibet perchance?

The reports in the media regarding US forces overstretched generated by the US defence industry to secure more funding perhaps? Believe me, they are busy but they have enormous reserves!

Quite a lot he predicted has happened, this was only an observation not a sermon on my part, I was merely trying to draw attention to the human belief in self destruction!
                    Human belief in self destruction? I know of no such belief. Are you a goth by any chance ;-)

The world "is" becoming a better place for "who" exactly?

In general, everybody in the developed and developing world has seen an increase in their quality of life. As technology becomes cheaper and third world governments stop squandering their money warring, things will get better there too.

Most young married people can't even afford a small house in their own towns anymore.
                    That is not a measure of quality of life, more the vagaries of the property market. It has always been so.

The gap between wealth and poverty has never been larger.
                    Nonsense.

Millions of people on the planet still die of starvation and avoidable disease every year.
                    Yes, but it is improving.

Crime is on the rise.
                    No its not. Reporting of crime in the media is on the rise.

World travel, televisions and the ability to talk to relatives in New Zealand do not make the world a better place.
                    Yes it does! Communication breeds understanding. Understanding reduces fear.
                    Fine, we have the ability to cure diseases that killed us 50 years ago but what about the diseases that are killing us now, not to mention the diseases that are predicted such as "Asian Bird Flu" etc.

Bird flu? What bird flu? It was supposed to kill 1/3rd of britian this winter! Media scaremongering, nothing more.

Irrelevant sarcasm, Dean Koontz and J. K. Rowling are authors of horror/fictional novels. The inability to accept and respect anothers religious beliefs is why this world is so screwed up, and one of the points I was trying to make in the first place!
                    Not sarcasm. Why is that book any more believable than any other? The trouble arises when people cannot accept any questioning of their faith, hence the trouble recently.

The worlds experts have now come to the shocking realisation that Saddam DID NOT have chemical or nuclear capabilities after all and YOU are stating that they did, whom am I to believe?
                    How do you think he killed the kurds? 24 hour exposure to David Hasselhoff?!

If that was the case our troops would never have been sent to Iraq, our votes only decide what half wit ends up in No.10, nothing more, nothing less!
                    Tony Blair used the information available to him at the time. Can you suggest a better way than democracy?

Bush is far from thick, he gives a good impression of it though!No really, he is thick. He is there because his father has some very powerful friends.

I have 2 young children, will they be ok?
                    So do I, and yes, they will. It's down to you and me, and our kids to make sure of it, and continue to make the world a better place for their kids. I need to believe this to put my faith in my fellow man into them so they try too.

Gary

Comment

Somebody, somewhere in the world is gonna turn this thread into a best seller!

Comment

quote:
                        Are you a goth by any chance ;-)
                        :end quote
                        ROFLOL...

dudes, lets just take a little TRIP... the worlds a beautiful wonderful place full of amazing things, lets all just take a hippy trip view from outer space.... there's so much in the world that is good, such as the diesel engine and a car thats big enough to sleep in and trek far and wide exploring muddy crevices, sand dunes and ikea car parks...

just ask yourselves... does it really matter, really?

theres gonna be snow soon (maybe) and the worlds gonna be a whiter, brighter, slippier, 4WD grippier place to play in.

love and peace man, love and peace.

she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                          quote:
                          Are you a goth by any chance ;-)
                          :end quote
                          ROFLOL...

dudes, lets just take a little TRIP... the worlds a beautiful wonderful place full of amazing things, lets all just take a hippy trip view from outer space.... there's so much in the world that is good, such as the diesel engine and a car thats big enough to sleep in and trek far and wide exploring muddy crevices, sand dunes and ikea car parks...

just ask yourselves... does it really matter, really?

theres gonna be snow soon (maybe) and the worlds gonna be a whiter, brighter, slippier, 4WD grippier place to play in.

love and peace man, love and peace.

Hehe, at 29, you're a bit too young to come out with carp like that

The flowery prose is strong in this one, but you are not a Jedi yet...

There's so many more good things in the world. Me. Oh, and summer barbecues followed by long evenings at the pub watching the kids create mayhem in the beer garden. There's the magic of hitting the perfect thermal. The sun rising at 40'000 feet. The smell of a summer storm. So much beauty in the world (to quote from American Beauty) and we should all enjoy every single second of it - and try to leave some of it for our kids to enjoy and build on.

Andy, tuning out... mmmm....

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                            Ian

Comment

Dontcha just love the 'talk to the hand, whateverrrr' mentality?

Am ah bovverrd?

Comment

See in yesterday's paper they now want lesson at uni to stop for a couple of hours on friday's so that they can go pray. What next? Make everyone take the weekend on Thursday & Friday as they do in Saudi. If they want to pray on a Friday, there are probably plenty of uni's in Rhyiad, Damascus or Cairo that will take them without disrupting our education system. Probably get a better education there anyway since ours is so dumbed down.
                                Mike G

Comment

Working...
                                X