Least liked car drivers (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B16mts
    Doesn't highway code state that any large vehicle such as a truck, should not exceed 40 mph on a single carriageway?

I which case all truckers are speeding!

if they did 40mph, it'd be far easier to overtake.

Though I could well be wrong, sure someone will come along and correct me.

cheers,

Mart

Correct my friend. The speed limit for a goods vehicle over 7.5 tonnes is:

40 MPH - single carriageway

50 MPH - Dual Carriageway

60 MPH - Motorway

So if we are doing 45 MPH on a single carriageway road and meet a mobile speed camera, then that's 3 points and a £60 fine. So the next time you get stuck behind a waggon on a single carriageway road doing 40 MPH, remember he is driving at the speed limit for that vehicle on that road. If you people are not happy don't blame us Truck drivers, go and write a letter to your MP and get the law changed. Do you think we like driving at 40MPH on a single carriageway road? I don't do 40 MPH, but you have to have eyes like a hawk, and concentration like a chess master, to avoid getting nicked by those friendly chaps in the speed vans.

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
      Speaks for itself

Is that a genuine sign language? It is in America after all?

Comment

I agree with M35A2 about truckies. I have a lot of respect for people who drive for a living, and it ****es me off when you can see people getting annoyed because these multi-tonne trucks can't speed-match their GTI engines.

I ALWAYS let people out at junctions too, especially vans and trucks. We've all got a job to do, and it only takes a couple of seconds. I have to say to, that trucks and vans very rarely take anything for granted and always say thanks for being considerate.

We've probably driven some of the same tarmac quite a bit M, I often head up and down the A34 towards Didcot when I'm at work. If you see a guy in a stupid little silver Ford Fiesta waving at your Surf, that'll be me!
        _______
        /_/ _ | 0\__
        \,...__,..._ /
        _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by ecosurf
          I agree with M35A2 about truckies. I have a lot of respect for people who drive for a living, and it ****es me off when you can see people getting annoyed because these multi-tonne trucks can't speed-match their GTI engines.

I ALWAYS let people out at junctions too, especially vans and trucks. We've all got a job to do, and it only takes a couple of seconds. I have to say to, that trucks and vans very rarely take anything for granted and always say thanks for being considerate.

We've probably driven some of the same tarmac quite a bit M, I often head up and down the A34 towards Didcot when I'm at work. If you see a guy in a stupid little silver Ford Fiesta waving at your Surf, that'll be me!

What a refreshing message. Someone who supports us truckers, thanks. People forget when they are shouting and screaming at the truck drivers on their way to the office, that the road IS our office, and you are in OUR workplace. So give us a little bit of respect, hey!!

Yes, we probably have been on the same bit of road KK. If you look at the post "Side by Side" you will see what my truck looks like. So if you see it, that's me. Hope you get your truck soon, and remember the photo's.....

Comment

Who edited the POLL??????????????????????

Last option about 4x4 drivers was not on the original.

Has someone got my password?????????

Comment

season of good will ?

Happy christmas everone Life's to short and all that.

Poppy
              GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401

Has someone got my password?????????
                No, but some can use Moderator powers to alter things for the amusment of the forum.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  No, but some can use Moderator powers to alter things for the amusment of the forum.

Haha GUILTY

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    What a refreshing message. Someone who supports us truckers, thanks. People forget when they are shouting and screaming at the truck drivers on their way to the office, that the road IS our office, and you are in OUR workplace. So give us a little bit of respect, hey!!

Yes, we probably have been on the same bit of road KK. If you look at the post "Side by Side" you will see what my truck looks like. So if you see it, that's me. Hope you get your truck soon, and remember the photo's.....
                    I had a 'meeting' with a short fat ugly white truck driver yesterday as he decided to damage the door mirror on my rental car when I was parked . He was to impatient and ignorant to wait for or ask me to move to allow him through . After dragging his dirty white Merc down the door mirror and realising he had , he reversed back so I could move the car . After having enough room he then drove off to prevent me getting his details and get him to pay for the mirror repair . After he drove the wrong way up a one way street forcing the car drivers to swerve into kerb to prevent a head on , I caught him . He opened his cab door and said ' Any damage to your car was there before and you are a f'ing liar if you say I damaged the mirror '. He then threw a piece of paper I think he wiped his obese ar$e on and did not even look at the damage to my rental and drove off .

White truck drivers are scum . Sorry but my view of truck drivers has dropped to zero now .

I have had the damage repaired as vehicle was due back today but got it now till next week . I will persue this piece of dog Sh1t through insurance , my company were recording the phone call I was making whilst parked up and now what happened .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Blimey Rick, do you ever go more than 1 week without something dramatic happening to you?!?!

The Ford Cargo I use to drive was red, but the van was white! does that mean I'm OK still?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Blimey Rick, do you ever more than 1 week without something dramatic happening to you?!?! Seems not these days

The Ford Cargo I use to drive was red, but the van was white! does that mean I'm OK still? Yeah , your OK mate , would be lost without your guidence

Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I will add to the list - sccoter drivers who have scooters with a) no number plates b) can't ride them properly and insist they are like mountain bikes and ride them pretty much anywhere they please on and off pavement and in the middle of the road at 32 miles an hour in a 50 c) try and overtake car on 40mph dual carriageways that are 2 miles long and take up the whole road doing so to overtake a car going at 28 mph.

Additionally i will add anyone who drives in rain with no lights "cos it's not dark", similarly to anyone who drives in built up areas where the lights are on but it's not quite dark enough for THEM to use lights (it's not illegal but still irritatingly dangerous), anyone driving a BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne, and the mondeo driver who tailgates me every morning when I come to work then gets really annoyed when I slow down ,speed up and block him off when he tries to undertake, then overtakes in stupid places, just to prove a point.
                          ======
                          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Middle Lane Drivers
                            http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

I would complain about middle lane drivers, in other countries, but lets face it, our motorways (well the M1 & M25 anyway) are so rutted on the inside lanes due to sub standard $$$$ that was laid by our countries contractors that the trucks are too heavy and form ruts along the full length of your journey . When you try to go into the inside lane you can feel the steering being taken away from you, which can be a bit frightning at times, especially if you are not driving a big wheeled vehicle...like a Surf for instance
                              Am I rambling on now ??? Best go join the ramblers then...bye, bye...
                              Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Working...
                              X