No announcement yet.

Keeping up with the Vagrants.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick, investigating a clonk noise, found a problem, I think my rear springs are a little long, the shackles are laying flat against the chassis. What do yours look like?

I think I need to move the rear mounts back a little, to get some spring movement back, I've got extented shackes on the pickup axles, will try them first, being longer they might pull down and sit better.

Odd though, the springs are supposed to be for a MK2 Pickup, which has the same chassis as mine as far as I know.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

He he . Look like my old springs did !

The measurement from spring eye to spring eye on my fitted springs , ie not free length , is 47" to centres .
      My shackles are nearly vertical .

For reference , ride height at rear to lower edge of swage is 37" and front 36".

Did you get your braided hoses ? If so how much ?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Vagrant No2; 14 November 2005, 18:07.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        He he . Look like my old springs did !

The measurement from spring eye to spring eye on my fitted springs , ie not free length , is 47" to centres .
        My shackles are nearly vertical .

For reference , ride height at rear to lower edge of swage is 37" and front 36".

Did you get your braided hoses ? If so how much ?
        Didn't have time to sort the hoses today!

My truck is 35" rear, 35 1/2" front. It's got a saggy arse

The mounted lenght of my rears are 49" to centers!

So don't worry, yours is still bigger while i'm on 31's

Comment

My trucks higher then your truck ...

Its got to be low by 2" because your shackles are maxed out on the chassis . I wonder wot vehicle those springs are for ? Bit of a hard choice , move the hangers or buy new springs !
          I know you will sort it , but at the mo ........................ I hold the trophy !
          Its all good fun !

Comment

now if only i could remember where i put my super-dooper 4000bhp 12 litre V20 i bought last year....

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              I wonder wot vehicle those springs are for ?
              The guy I got them off had them on a MK2 pickup, I can't belive they have different spring hanger spacing. So he either had the same problems and didn't know/didn't tell me, or they've sagged and flattened out.

Not to worried, as long as they don't sag any more, it'll ride softer once the shackle is sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                You got your Nova back again Tony?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  hehe, yeah! Its the ever-living Nova GTE, damn thing won't roll over and die, its as rusty as hell now, but just so much fun to drive!

My mates mom-in-law got a new car, so they asked if I wanted it back, so it rejoined the family, dunno what to do with it, might bring it to the Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Soon to be modern classic . They will be the RS2000 of the future , sad , but true . Long live the chavmobile

Comment

Tony I don't see my truck in the pic, have you hiden it up thye track again?

On another note (c+ for the smart answers) could you check the glove box, and see if I left my driving licence and MOT there, can't find them here so hope their there.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                        Tony I don't see my truck in the pic, have you hiden it up thye track again?

On another note (c+ for the smart answers) could you check the glove box, and see if I left my driving licence and MOT there, can't find them here so hope their there.
                        Hehe - it doesn't fit on the front garden - which is what you can see in the background. Thats reserved for the lovely Nova GTE - anyone want it??? and Sarah the Sierra Estate, who needs a service and a bit of welding for her MOT - then she needs a new mummy or daddy too.....

will look for the MOT and driving licence tomorrow.
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Tony, its possible that rather than for a mk2 pickup they may be for an IFS pickup as these have longer rear leafsprings, by about 2".
                          Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                          X