No announcement yet.

rear axle arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for replying tony, toyota took the diff out so there is a hole in the axle with the half shafts showing. the passenger side shaft has at least 5mm shaved off it, its now gleaming. as for the rear diff the guy at toyota showed me a ring off the diff which had had its teeth mangled the inner of it. i just need a magic wand to mend the hilux again
    hi dudes

Comment

i guy from ebay just emailed me saying he had a g144 rear axle
      hi dudes

Comment

Hang in there Steve......took me months of backwards and forwards before I got my truck sorted but its worth it in the end.......

Comment

just wish it would go backwards & forwards
          hi dudes

Comment

just had a phone call from a guy in essex £250-£40 delivery + vat & he's saying its the right axle, i explained about the other one being the wrong one & he assured me it is the right one . but partsgateway have just emailed me saying they have one £558.12 all in & there saying its the right one too just got the guy at the garage to ring them both, not bothered which i get as long as its the RIGHT ONE! lol wish me luck please
            hi dudes

Comment

right, i've ordered the axle & its from a 95 model 3.0td £430 so hopefully it will be the right one. the garage who's doing the work for me rang them & asked where everything was connected etc etc & both seemed pretty confident it was the right one, so i'm praying for a little bit of luck for a change
              hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                right, i've ordered the axle & its from a 95 model 3.0td £430 so hopefully it will be the right one. the garage who's doing the work for me rang them & asked where everything was connected etc etc & both seemed pretty confident it was the right one, so i'm praying for a little bit of luck for a change

Good luck Steve.

Lets hope this axle is the right one. If it is, you'll be Surfing on the crest of a wave in no time. Keep your chin up. Once she is on the road, everything sould be ok from then on.

Comment

when i spoke to the guy from toyota the other week he said that the rear diff had to have lsd oil in it, what does that mean? & for that matter where do i buy it from?
                  hi dudes

Comment

LSD OIL. Super high-performance lubricating oil designed for gears used under extreme conditions.
                    You shouldnt have any trouble picking it up...........

Comment

I got LSD oil from DIFFLOCK shop online a few quid per litre bottle,
                      you need at least 3 bottles I think?.
                      but then have a large postage bill to add on.

I was never able to source it at motor spares shops.
                      Landcruiser Colorado
                      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                        when i spoke to the guy from toyota the other week he said that the rear diff had to have lsd oil in it, what does that mean? & for that matter where do i buy it from?
                        Only if you have an LSD in the diff, but you had the wrong axle code for that, it should end with a 5 for a LSD.
                        Most LSD axles still have the sticker on the diff bulge saying Use LSD oil only.

I been thinking about what you posted about the damage to the driveshaft, and that the end 5mm is sheared off, Pickup shafts are shorter than Surf drive shafts, by about 30mm, if they fitted a pickup axle, only the end5 mm of so is gonna be in the spider gears, and that won't take a lot of effort to spin out. Look at the attatched pic of the shafts in the axle case, the shiny bit on the splines is about 30-40mm long, this is how much should in the diff, see how it looks to yours, and if your shaft looks shorter.
                        If Toyota fitted a pickup axle by mistake, you can go and give them the bill for all this messing about!
                        Attached Files
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

tony that pretty much looks what i see at the axle. toyota only fitted a new diff & half shalf ie the one that is broken, they didn't fit a new axle. the rear axle should be here 2moro hope its the right one
                          hi dudes

Comment

the axle has arrived, just waiting on telephone call to see if it fits
                            hi dudes

Comment

keep everything crossed for ya steve
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers mate
                                hi dudes

Comment

Working...
                                X