hi dudes

erse... whats wrong with it?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

its nothing like the rear axle thats on mine
      hi dudes

Comment

i wonder if one day i will learn what the fuss is about with the hilux surf
        hi dudes

Comment

Post a picture, might be able to identify it. Maybe it's one off a pickup - is it for leaf springs.

Comment

i've left it with my mates garage to sort out, he gave them the axle code ( well what you could see of it that is ) they was like yes we've got the right rear axle for your 95 hilux surf ssrx limited & guess what its nothing like the one on my surf it seems like a never ending horror story, this saturday will be the 3rd week without it
            hi dudes

Comment

just wishing i lived down south so that i could just let tonyn sort it for me
              hi dudes

Comment

Its probably a pickup one!

Got your email, but might as well answer it here....

I've got axles, but not with the gearing you want. What went bang in the diff? If your ring gear and pinion are OK, they could be retro fitted to a new carrier.

Incidently, the axle code you sent me in the email is not right, It should start with a G not W, 04 isn't a normal 4x4 diff ratio and I would expect the last number to be 4, not 2, but this OK as my 89' diffs are 2 pinion, just expected the later trucks to be 4 pinion as this is what most 3.0's have.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                  arrived today from cardiff £450+vat & its the wrong one

Sorry to hear about that Steve. Have you called Toyota with your VIN number and vehicle model code? They will look your truck up on the computer, that should give you the right axle number.

Call this main dealer, Toyota Inchcape in the Oxford Motor Park....... 01865 291300 and ask for Steve in parts. He is VERY good as far as Surfs are concerned and should be able to help you out. He has always got the right parts for my truck using the model and chassis number.

Good luck.

Comment

going to try & get the axle code today, would toyota be able to give me it with it being an import?
                    hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Its probably a pickup one!

Got your email, but might as well answer it here....

I've got axles, but not with the gearing you want. What went bang in the diff? If your ring gear and pinion are OK, they could be retro fitted to a new carrier.

Incidently, the axle code you sent me in the email is not right, It should start with a G not W, 04 isn't a normal 4x4 diff ratio and I would expect the last number to be 4, not 2, but this OK as my 89' diffs are 2 pinion, just expected the later trucks to be 4 pinion as this is what most 3.0's have.

tony i haven't a clue what went bang in the diff, i know it shaved the teeth off the left hand side half shaft & got told it was a mess inside the diff. not mechanically knowledged up i'm afraid
                      hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                        going to try & get the axle code today, would toyota be able to give me it with it being an import?
                        this surf is on ebay for spares but dont say what size it is but the axel may be ok for you
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just emailed him cheers dude
                          hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            Sorry to hear about that Steve. Have you called Toyota with your VIN number and vehicle model code? They will look your truck up on the computer, that should give you the right axle number.

Call this main dealer, Toyota Inchcape in the Oxford Motor Park....... 01865 291300 and ask for Steve in parts. He is VERY good as far as Surfs are concerned and should be able to help you out. He has always got the right parts for my truck using the model and chassis number.

Good luck.
                            wow what a credit to toyota, just spoken to steve at toyota who you told me to ring he was a true gent, bent over backwards to help me. but he couldn't find the rear axle code on his computer, but did tell me that it should be on the chassis plate & what to look for. also told me that any rear axle from 89-95 should fit it, in his opinion that is. just need to find another axle now once i get the money back from the other one big thanks m35a2
                            hi dudes

Comment

the rear axle i need is g294, if anyone can help
                              hi dudes

Comment

Working...
                              X