No announcement yet.

Panic buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Tesco's in Didcot that is just taking a delivery. The Shell and BP garages have fuel and no wait. The Sainsburys has closed for the night. The price here is .95ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      The price here is .95ppl.

Not for long

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        Isnt psychology a wonderful thing....all the hauliers and farmers said was that they were going to protest outside the refineries on tuesday to show their (and MY) disgust at the price of fuel and the lack of effort on the governments part to keep the price of fuel at a reasonable level.They are NOT going to stop any tankers from leaving the depots or halt deliveries....
        Then the MEDIA got hold of the story and WHAM all of a sudden its a blockade and panic buying.......a shortage of fuel at the gas stations and lots of front page headlines..no need to demonstrate now Mr joe public got the message big time....Just remember if we (yes I do include myself in this as a truck driver) want to we could close this country with in a week.
        If you want it or got it we delivered it
        ans my sumo mate the petrol outlets have steadily been upping the price of fuel this week too new levels in time for todays protests.
        you being a trucker mr sumo, i say DO IT close this money grabbing country mate. i going down to fawley and join the protesters after work today.
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Normally when going home in the morning I pass one tanker leaving Esso Fawley. For the past week I have needed to overtake minimum two, most mornings four, and yet garages have still run out of fuel. This morning there is no sign of protestors and yet my relief was late in, because he was stopped by the Police to produce photo ID. When or If the protestors head towards Esso they won't get near, the Police have it tied up tight as a drum.
          But then there won't be any need for protestors, because if the Police are going to stop everyone, the traffic will back up all along the waterside.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
          X