Panic buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic buying

Why is it that every garage I have been past today there is a ****** great queue???? I'm suposed to be working at brentford tomorrow but I have no diesel all these people just topping up there cars in a panic is costing me dearly!!!!!!.

I suppose I will have to go out later and join a queue or leave it till every one else is in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a custard donut monster

Yeah it always happens, lucky I can run on part veg but im driving to hexham in northumberland then across to newcastle and back to hexham weds towing so I hope I can refuel up there.

I grabbed some diesel last night as im working in stanstead tomorrow, the thing is I know people who are buying loads this time as they were the ones not worrying last timeand then got caught short. I hope they dont ration it.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
      Why is it that every garage I have been past today there is a ****** great queue???? I'm suposed to be working at brentford tomorrow but I have no diesel all these people just topping up there cars in a panic is costing me dearly!!!!!!.

I suppose I will have to go out later and join a queue or leave it till every one else is in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      because there Knobs jon
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

They were all waiting at the garage this afternoon when I went to the bank, spilling out onto the road and cloging thing up again, Fools !
        Trouble is it was mostly older folk that probably only do 10 mls per week when they go to pick their pension up !

Well if it does come to a head and the panic buying starts to kick off big style again,at least I won't have to go to work if I can't get the fuel.

Andy.

Comment

Some garages in Wales are allowing £10 worth only, and no cans.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Some garages in Wales are allowing £10 worth only, and no cans.
            Filled up my Jerry Cans last week:

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ad.php?t=16306

Comment

Filled Linda's horse lorry up today, no queues or anything, people down here must be more laid back.

Whats the point of a petrol protest and blockade, if everyone goes and fills all there cars up and lines the oil Co's/Govn's pockets before hand! BP and Co must be rubbing their hands together with glee, full garage forecorts, all filling cans and cars to the brim, all paying 99.9p!
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

the only thing i'll be panic buying is one of yer mans fuel heaters...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Whats the point of a petrol protest and blockade, if everyone goes and fills all there cars up and lines the oil Co's/Govn's pockets before hand! BP and Co must be rubbing their hands together with glee, full garage forecorts, all filling cans and cars to the brim, all paying 99.9p!
                  i was just going to say exactly the same!

if i can't get any i'm going by bike / bus / taxi / walk.

no-one ever thinks of that though!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Fuel Madness

well here we go again
                    saw a chap in waltham Abbey pushing a shopping trolley full of cans!!!!!
                    it would be great if the price came down tomorrow, silly thought (SORRY)
                    then all the hoarders will have something to moan about.for a change leave the workers enough to get to work iam running on fumes

carry on surfing
                    peter

Comment

Originally posted by radiomidherts
                      well here we go again
                      saw a chap in waltham Abbey pushing a shopping trolley full of cans!!!!!
                      it would be great if the price came down tomorrow, silly thought (SORRY)
                      then all the hoarders will have something to moan about.for a change leave the workers enough to get to work iam running on fumes

carry on surfing
                      peter
                      where abouts are you mate im near there?
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Now that`s in the news the panic will only get worse,but what anoys me is on the news gordon brown says that it`s a global problem the price of oil and that theres nothing they can do about it!.
                        Does he think we are all comletely thick and that nobody knows that it`s all tax.

Click on the link to see what other european countrys are paying,Ok there are some quite high, but not as high as us.

http://www.lesstaxonfuel.co.uk/WorldPrices.htm

I`m moving to Greece
                        Stella Artois

Comment

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/econo...ticle_continue
                          Dave

Comment

jackster i agree mate gordys got his head up his own ar5e if he thinks it a global problem when over 75% of fuel cost is tax.............
                            the sad thing is their are people out their that believe this pish, bring it on i say cos unless theirs a blockade outside lidle netto or aldi im alright jack.....
                            if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Lots of GARAGES are quickly running out of UNLEADED but DIESEL is still available at the moment. Lots of School run mums filling up & Oaps 95% of them are in this category from what ive seen.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X