Alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassy
    Bought my own system and fitted it, just wondering how you wired up the rear window control, my RCL system has two +12 outputs as aux ouputs, do I need to put a couple of relays in to change this to a switched earth? One of the outputs stays on whilst you press the button, or 30 sec when you lock, so thought I'd use this to close, other output is a boot release so 1 sec pulse, definately need to put a latched timer on this, was hoping to connect at back of switch in centre console to avoid running MORE wiresto back of truck, incidentally I've put in a switch on the inside wired to the Key Lock so can open from inside without having to put ACC on, also put in a Perm Accessory socket which stays on, and have managed to stop thay ****** annoying "Reminder" that you've left your Key in the ignition, without stopping it telling me that I've left my lights on. Plus some ICE stuff and Central Locking from scratch, happy to provide details if anything helpful, plus moved Fog to offside Reverse Light, no more weeekly Foglight purchasing!! Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Grassy
    Wired mine in to the control unit behind rear panel. Yes you need to switch to neg (earth). If I remember correctly its Green/yellow for down and red/yellow for up. Sounds like your system will need a couple of relays to do this. You wiil only be able to do this at centre console if you have altered the wiring there to be allways live (even with ign off) or you have allready run wires from the window controller to the centre console, which , reading your post you may have allready done. Hope that helps

John
    JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Comment

Working...
    X