1 st gen roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda
    Still dreaming bout that white one eh Sumo?? Wish we'd had the dosh!!

So I wasn't the only one looking at the white one then I would have bought that if I'd had somewhere to keep it!

Comment

I havent been contacted by the fella trying to sell the whole 1st gen despite putting an ad in the section he was selling it in.

But I had a look again at the one which has been scavenged by the vultures for a fair few years now in the local scrapyard. It has no roll bar - bad luck that.

The tailgate isnt in great shape either, has a few knocks on it and if you put your eye along it its been pushed in slightly. The whole window system is gone too. No rust though on the body in general.

The nearside wings arent perfect but the rear one is fairly good. The front one has an ugly dent right behind where the bumper would be. The rear one is almost perfect but for a small dent to the fwd end of it. If there was a plastic cover on the 1st gen like there is on the 2nd I'm sure it would be covered.

I know this isnt what you want L & T & S, its really the one down in Limerick somewhere if only I could find it.

Comment

Jim, its great!

Seriously, if the tailgate is the right price, we'll have it. Any chance of finding out how much?

Plus the front wings are better than ours, and I'd like to cut out the rear arches as well.

Dents we can deal with, we just have teabag looking panels on ours!

Shame its so far away....... Got a spare room for the weekend?

*edit, the bonnet looks good to! might as well put in a offer for the whole car!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

crazy man! Theres no pic of the offside arches coz I thought they werent worth it but your standards arent set too high so maybe I shudda ! Its been on its side at some stage I think.

With all the trucks headin out on ferries every night from this country I'll have to think of something... otherwise theres always the hammock in the garden

Yep that bonnet is in perfect condition!

Comment

Thanks for looking Jim,I still want one (rollbar that is).Now listern m8 when T & L come over to check out the 1st gen in the scrappies let me know and if (as I suspect) they come in the bullet I'll pop round to feed the dogs and other animals only to dicover that some bu**er has broke in and nicked the bar out of their 1st gen..
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

D'you know what it does have though Sumo... the much sought after Automatic Locking Hubs !! Genuine too !

Wanna start the bidding at say .... 3p maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                D'you know what it does have though Sumo... the much sought after Automatic Locking Hubs !! Genuine too !

Wanna start the bidding at say .... 3p maybe ?
                No thanks Jim, I now got MANNUAL LOCKING HUBS and their KOOOL.

Comment

Bad News: got phonecall from the elusive 1st gen owner I've been tryin to find thru an ad I placed.....its sold!

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                    Thanks for looking Jim,I still want one (rollbar that is).Now listern m8 when T & L come over to check out the 1st gen in the scrappies let me know and if (as I suspect) they come in the bullet I'll pop round to feed the dogs and other animals only to dicover that some bu**er has broke in and nicked the bar out of their 1st gen..
                    Thanks for the warning "M8" - we'll make sure she's well hidden!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Bad News: got phonecall from the elusive 1st gen owner I've been tryin to find thru an ad I placed.....its sold!
                      Good effort Jim, never mind, now back the one in the breakers......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for trying Jim..oh well back to hunt the rollbar .....hey linda would I realy stoop that low to get what I need .................. DONT ANSWER THAT.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                          Thanks for trying Jim..oh well back to hunt the rollbar .....hey linda would I realy stoop that low to get what I need .................. DONT ANSWER THAT.

Hehe Ton's removed it and fitted it to the Bullet so we can take it with us
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X