Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 st gen roll bar

WANTED.. NOW !.
    A rollbar for a 1st gen. It fits inside the vehicle behind the rear seat.

Tony has got one so I want one tooooooo.
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:21.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Originally posted by sumo
    WANTED.. NOW !.
    A rollbar for a 1st gen. It fits inside the vehicle behind the rear seat.

Tony has got one so I want one tooooooo.
    Still dreaming bout that white one eh Sumo?? Wish we'd had the dosh!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Still dreaming bout that white one eh Sumo?? Wish we'd had the dosh!!

got a quote from a local firm to make me one up............................ ....
      £450

Mouth dropped open and I smiled......then RAN LIKE HELL.

Comment

Get Anthony to make you one as he's a bender, thing
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Sumo - I spoke to a man over the phone a while back who had an ad in the BuyandSell over here.

He was breaking a 1st gen '88 which had been rolled. Get this .... the canopy was pristine and I'm saying no damage from the roll! He put it down to the roll bar. The damage was on one side totally.

Are you saying they didnt all have roll bars? His number is ... a problem coz the add isnt current but things could be done I spose (it also had front and rear lockers which he wasnt selling ! )

Otherwise theres a 1st gen near me in a breakers that might have it?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
            Sumo - I spoke to a man over the phone a while back who had an ad in the BuyandSell over here.

He was breaking a 1st gen '88 which had been rolled. Get this .... the canopy was pristine and I'm saying no damage from the roll! He put it down to the roll bar. The damage was on one side totally.

Are you saying they didnt all have roll bars? His number is ... a problem coz the add isnt current but things could be done I spose (it also had front and rear lockers which he wasnt selling ! )

Otherwise theres a 1st gen near me in a breakers that might have it?
            Appantly Jim the roll bar is an optional xtra and cos its not electic or have any light or bell the jap guy wot got it new didnt want one.
            Any way m8 if its still available let us know how much plus delivery unless the surf train can help.
            Also wots the tailgate like on either of them. I might be able to find a home for one thats in good nick.
            sumo.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Also wots the tailgate like on either of them. I might be able to find a home for one thats in good nick.
              sumo.
              Don't get him the tailgate! It'll be held hostage against my Rollbar!!!!!!

I need the T/gate, plus some other bits, whats the truck like? Wheel arches? rear inner trim panels?

Hook a brutha up!
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Don't get him the tailgate! It'll be held hostage against my Rollbar!!!!!!
                I need the T/gate, plus some other bits, whats the truck like? Wheel arches? rear inner trim panels?

Hook a brutha up!
                Who ME........now would I do that to you?????????????

but it could be an excuse to go for a couple of pints of the
                BLACK STUFF

sumo.

Comment

Hehe, fancy a 1st gen raiding party to the 'Emerald Isle'
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Hehe, fancy a 1st gen raiding party to the 'Emerald Isle'
                    Can I come along for the ride . Serious , can I come !
                    I always wanted a trip over there , even for a day trip .

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The rolled one is down in Limerick somewhere. To find him again, I'll stick an ad in the wanted section of the Buyandsell and see can I smoke him out. I gave him the site address back then so maybe he looks in now and again.

The other one in the breaker nearby has the canopy intact I think, all the glass, nothing inside only shell, no gearbox, front damage I think, and I cant remember about the tailgate. I might take a trip over there again and take pics for you drooling lads

As for a visit, theres plenty of room at Delboys house . Only kiddin, he sleeps in a tent ..
                      Welcome abroad if ya feel like it

Comment

If you find any bits for the Surf train, I'll be driving to Liverpool later next month........
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks for trying to look at that 1st gen for us - we are soooo desperate for a tailgate!!

Any bits you guys want for the return trip???

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Any parts - oooh that sounds like a good idea.

Hey Maurice I remember taking that pic - it looked like a wheelbarrow didnt belong and still does

(that was on Ranchus Flatus wasnt it)

*edit* I've posted that ad and it should appear in Wednesdays or maybe even Mondays edition. It was an imported US Runner as far as I remember. He had an ARB air locker in the rear and a lockrite in the front. Someone fishtailed him from a sideroad and sent him tumbling over the hedge, reckoned he'd have been killed in a smaller car.
                            Last edited by JimL; 6 August 2004, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                              Any parts - oooh that sounds like a good idea.

Hey Maurice I remember taking that pic - it looked like a wheelbarrow didnt belong and still does

(that was on Ranchus Flatus wasnt it)

*edit* I've posted that ad and it should appear in Wednesdays or maybe even Mondays edition. It was an imported US Runner as far as I remember. He had an ARB air locker in the rear and a lockrite in the front. Someone fishtailed him from a sideroad and sent him tumbling over the hedge, reckoned he'd have been killed in a smaller car.
                              Ranchus Flatus indeed Yep tis your eye indeed behind the lens.
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X