Wheel of the front of A/C unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    I'll take a look tomorrow mate, and make sure they seem ok, i take it it's just a case of making sure there's no excess play in the bearings and that they still rotate freely?

Pretty much. I am hoping it is quite easy to replace let us know how difficult it is to seperate
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

ok will look tomorrow
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        I'll take a look tomorrow mate, and make sure they seem ok, i take it it's just a case of making sure there's no excess play in the bearings and that they still rotate freely?

Do you have paypal? just while I remember
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

So far, so good.

Yes I can take paypal.

I've just started to disassemble it and it seems fairly easy. Just need to borrow some circlip pliers to get the wheel off.

Tested the clutch earlier and it seems ok. There's virtually no play in the wheel and it turns nice and smooth. So i assume the bearings are ok?
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

sounds good. let me know how much for postage and will paypal you
            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

I'll take some photos as i finish disassembling it tomorrow then you can point out exactly what bit's you want. Once that's done i'll package it up and work out the postage and let u know. I guess the body is the main weight of the unit, so if u don't need that postage shouldn't be too much i wouldn't think.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

cool. I am hoping that it is just the wheel and bearings assembly as that seems to be all thats wrong. Makes a hellish racket but does work
                www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Just got it apart, pics to follow, here's the EPC diagram though
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Disassembly so far,

on the left hand page -
                    top left - 88302 (stator sub assy)
                    top right -88301 (rotor sub assy) this is the bit with the bearings in
                    middle left - 88403 (hub sub assy)
                    bottom left - circlips
                    I guess it's the above bits or some of them that you want.

i don't think you want any of this lot which are the pump innards

but let me know if you want me to try and knock the shaft/bearings out of the main pump body

=========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Looks excellent can you post all bits that come under the the umbrella number 88410. basically the bits on the left hand pic. Will pm you my address let me know final cost and paypal details
                      www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Does the unit need to depressurised to change the wheel and bearings?
                        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                          Does the unit need to depressurised to change the wheel and bearings?
                          Got your PM, will get it in the post tomorrow AM then let you know total cost.

I can't see any reason it has to be depressurised if you can change it over in situ, but it might prove a pain in the arse job to do where it is. It's basically the bolt on the front of the unit, then the first bit comes off, then a circlip behind that to get the wheel off, then another circlip to get the electromagnet bit off.

I think that's how it went, so if you can get the front bolt off, i had to put a baby-boa round the bit in front of the wheel and use a socket on the bolt. Then slide off the first bit and get some circlip pliers in, with the pump in situ you should be ok.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Excellent thanks Nero
                            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

The internals on that pump are real perdy...

Comment

In the post mate, but due to the weight (2.5kg) it cost me a bit more than i had expected to post it - £8.00

my paypal is ian.shrubb@tesco.net is £23 ok with you?
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X