Wheel of the front of A/C unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel of the front of A/C unit

Looking for a new wheel for the A/C unit in the engine bay as the bearing in the one I have are shot. Can anyone help?
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Got a full a/c pump sittin here, to be honest i don't know if it's any good my a/c never worked when i got it, but i don't know what was wrong with it, I just stripped it all out for a bit extra ground clearance rather than getting fixed.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I think one of us is talking about a different unit. I am talking about the silvery grey unit that as you look at the engine from the front it sits to the left of the engine and a belt runs from it down towards the alternator area ruffly (will try and find a pic) I dont see how removing what I am talking about would give extra ground clearance?
      www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Found a pic not the best but a pic that shows what I am needing talking about
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

When mine finally went, it became a door stop...

not cheap...

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=135&vid=930
          £220.00 ouch... still its cheaper than Toyota... which was nearly £690.00 last time I asked...!

Comment

ye priced it already was hoping that some one might be s$$$$ping there truck and I could get it cheap. Did you find it easy to replace?
            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

I didn't replace it...

It became a door stop...

Comment

sorry should have read your post properly cheers
                www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Yeah that's the pump, same as the one i got here. I meant i'd ripped all the a/c system out including the underslung a/c rad/heat exchanger/condensor unit so got more ground clearance by taking that lot out, but took the the pump out aswell
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

great how much are you looking for just the wheel/clutch/bearings assembly thing?
                    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

say £15 +p&p how does that sound?

Like i say i'm not 100% sure that it worked but if there's anything i can do to test the parts you need i'm quite happy to do that before i send it or take any money off you, bearing in mind it's already off the vehicle.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

if nero can't help i've got 2 of them

Comment

All I need is the wheel and bearings at the front as my one at present can quite freely move it back and forth. So as long as they aren't shot on yours too I will quite happly take it. Dont need the whole unit just the front assembly
                          www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                            All I need is the wheel and bearings at the front as my one at present can quite freely move it back and forth. So as long as they aren't shot on yours too I will quite happly take it. Dont need the whole unit just the front assembly
                            I'll take a look tomorrow mate, and make sure they seem ok, i take it it's just a case of making sure there's no excess play in the bearings and that they still rotate freely?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                              I'll take a look tomorrow mate, and make sure they seem ok, i take it it's just a case of making sure there's no excess play in the bearings and that they still rotate freely?
                              Put a 12v supply to it to see if the clutch engages. It doesn't have to be spinning, as the clutch will still move in and out with voltage to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X