North East Owners Meeting and Expedition 1/11/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North East Owners Meeting and Expedition 1/11/2008

Anyone interested in a days green laning...

I am planning a days green laning on Saturday lst November 2008.

09:00 Start!

Starting from Ferryhill Market Place (nice big car park), and eventually ending up at the main carpark at Whitby where we shall be stopping for the usual seaside treat fish and chips...

The route is basically made up of some easy going and rather nice, long, open, moor top green lanes, sceanic little towns and villages.

Starting from Ferryhill, we head over to Guisborough where the fun starts... Green lane after green lane with only short sections of unclassified or very minor roads all the way over to about 5 miles away from whitby, where it is a short stint on the main road to Whitby. Along the way there will be plenty of stops for pics (already sorted some nice locations, I need to remember my camera this time!) and stops for cups of tea and food...

After tea at whitby we shall be heading back up the coast road to Redcar and back to Ferryhill...

Anyone interested let me know...
    Happy Surfing!

Originally posted by ne_surf View Post
    Anyone interested in a days green laning...

I am planning a days green laning on Saturday lst November 2008.

09:00 Start!

Starting from Ferryhill Market Place (nice big car park), and eventually ending up at the main carpark at Whitby where we shall be stopping for the usual seaside treat fish and chips...

The route is basically made up of some easy going and rather nice, long, open, moor top green lanes, sceanic little towns and villages.

Starting from Ferryhill, we head over to Guisborough where the fun starts... Green lane after green lane with only short sections of unclassified or very minor roads all the way over to about 5 miles away from whitby, where it is a short stint on the main road to Whitby. Along the way there will be plenty of stops for pics (already sorted some nice locations, I need to remember my camera this time!) and stops for cups of tea and food...

After tea at whitby we shall be heading back up the coast road to Redcar and back to Ferryhill...

Anyone interested let me know...
    I would be up for it,count me in,there is a few of us going up to doctors gate on sat if your up for it.
    Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Originally posted by 123-gtt View Post
      I would be up for it,count me in,there is a few of us going up to doctors gate on sat if your up for it.
      I would but the surf aint too well at the min... would not trust it for any distance until its fixed...
      Happy Surfing!

Comment

Count me in Andy! No doubt I'll have to bring the rest of the clan with me same as our last outing, just don't get my dad started on cameras again.

Will start to save up for the fuel now!!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

Will start to save up for the fuel now!!
          Your not wrong there... its costing me around £350 a month in diesel so these excursions are to add onto the top of that... plus the surf keeps getting poorly!
          Happy Surfing!

Comment

Hi Andy. If the good Lord spares me ,Jo and I will be there. It was the thought of fish and chips that did it May even be able to squeeze a bit of veg oil out of em for the return journey.

Spoggle

Comment

I might be up for that. My wifes sister lives near Newcastle, near Whittly Bay. Is that close?
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                I might be up for that. My wifes sister lives near Newcastle, near Whittly Bay. Is that close?
                Start point is at Ferryhill which is a few miles south of Durham City on the A167. So if you were coming from Whitley Bay you would need to get in to Newcastle and onto the Central Motorway south, go over Tyne Bridge and head for A1(M) south. Come off at Chester Le Street onto A167 and stay on that road till you get to Ferryhill where you will need to turn left off the A167 and follow the road round to the left where you should find the market place. As for the rest of the trip, well we'll just follow Andy. Hope you can make it.

Spoggle

Comment

those are very good directions, I however meant how far (in minutes) is it from Whitley Bay, estimated like, not precisely. Just wondered if it was worth a visit to her house.
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Whitley Bay is about 40 mins away from Ferryhill.
                    Happy Surfing!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
                      May even be able to squeeze a bit of veg oil out of em for the return journey.

Spoggle
                      I think for that amount of oil it would have to be a blue whale and chips lol!
                      Happy Surfing!

Comment

So it's this many so far Andy?

01. Me
                        02. You
                        03. Alan (123-gtt)
                        04. Dave (Spoggle)

Will try and get in touch with Mark (Mr Hilux) as I haven't seen him on here for a while.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Hmm, sounds tempting,GORDON, u fancy it. do u need to know well in advance for numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            Hmm, sounds tempting,GORDON, u fancy it. do u need to know well in advance for numbers?
                            Its just whoever turns up on the day!
                            Happy Surfing!

Comment

Great, whats the postcode i need to turn up to. and whats the costs involved, or is that alredy posted,much fuel will be used ect ect

Comment

Working...
                              X