• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next weekend looks OK so far...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3326
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Friday night at Erwlon, Saturday morning heading off to play ending up at Devils Bridge, then Sunday further north.
      NOT QUITE! Saturday at Machynlleth - see page 10 of this thread...........

We are booked into Erlwon for the Friday night. We will do the usual BBQ on the Friday night (but you can go into Landovery for a pub meal if you want to).

A lovely place indeed http://www.erwlon.co.uk/ - £5.50 pr person, whether you put up your tent or not.

For the Saturday night, we are booked into Gwerniago Campsite, Pennal (just outside Machynlleth), seems quite nice, haven't been there myself

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/de...asp?revid=6591 - £5.00 per person, whether you put up your tent or not.

I am waiting for the menus off this place, the campsite recommended them. Its nice to have a meal on the Saturday coz we'll be knackered after the off roading. Its a 1 mile walk from the campsite.

http://www.riversidehotelpennal.co.uk/

I'll post up a basic route later

Cheers
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• Oh yeah... what he said.

Comment

• Well, got suspension and body lift done, thanks to Nero for all his help, and to The Lovely Boyo for the shock brackets.
          I've got a few things to put back together trim wise, and some diff breather extensions would be nice, but I'll see how much time I have on thursday.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
            Well, got suspension and body lift done, thanks to Nero for all his help, and to The Lovely Boyo for the shock brackets.
            I've got a few things to put back together trim wise, and some diff breather extensions would be nice, but I'll see how much time I have on thursday.
            nice one mate...
            nearly locked and loaded then....
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

• Do you know what day / time you will be heading for the Wayfarer or thereabouts so we can maybe tag along for a couple of hours (If thats ok)
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                CB went in to ashtray slot, with a little trimming, have just wedged in for the moment as didn't have time to remove dash for mounting brackets, as had to sort out gear linkage as it was jumping out of 2nd and 4th occasionally. Hopefully all done now.

Went with a stinger type aerial and bonnet mount, although I have attached this to the bull bar, should stop it from wacking body work i hope

Nice truck - what you readin' out back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                  Do you know what day / time you will be heading for the Wayfarer or thereabouts so we can maybe tag along for a couple of hours (If thats ok)
                  The 'Northern' group should be hitting the Wayfarer sometime before midday ish. They are doing Happy Valley and B17 first, then driving up to Bala.

Mudsurfer is provisional team leader. However, he may not be able to lead the group so we are lining up another member for this illustrious task.......

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                    The 'Northern' group should be hitting the Wayfarer sometime before midday ish. They are doing Happy Valley and B17 first, then driving up to Bala.

Mudsurfer is provisional team leader. However, he may not be able to lead the group so we are lining up another member for this illustrious task.......
                    Which day ? an who might that be then?

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                      Well, got suspension and body lift done, thanks to Nero for all his help, and to The Lovely Boyo for the shock brackets.
                      oh bu55er...i was supposed to go and help.......
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                        Which day ? an who might that be then?
                        Sunday

Possibly 4Runner Pete - just setting up some options - not sure which way people will be going after we have done Happy Valley - they can decide for themselves on the day.

Comment

• is It Time To Leave Yet......................
                          i Think Im Having A Seizure

wahoooooooooo
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sunday

Possibly 4Runner Pete - just setting up some options - not sure which way people will be going after we have done Happy Valley - they can decide for themselves on the day.
                            k cheers - may need a number. See closer the time eh

Comment

So where is the 'southern group' stopping then???

I thought the idea was to reach the northern end of B17, then come back as far as the southern end of Happy Valley, then (for me at least) head due east home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                So where is the 'southern group' stopping then???

I thought the idea was to reach the northern end of B17, then come back as far as the southern end of Happy Valley, then (for me at least) head due east home.
                                I thought you only wanted to do Happy Valley, as the B17 is a little bit tame in comparison.

I was thinking of doing HV north, then south, and then go back along Glyndwrs Way - going south it has a big climb. This will take you towards Llanidloes, then Rhayader.

From there you can either go straight home, or muck around - maybe drop down the Axle Breaker?????
                                Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 29 September 2008, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X