Bala to Barmouth off road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiroler
    Looks good to me!! are we going to book the camping seperate or block book once we know the definate numbers and nights??
    I'll do a block booking next week - I'll book six to cover any stragglers!

We should all be together then - ahhhh, there's lovely.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Hi guys. Im really want to attend after seeing the pics from the simply 4x4 site. Maybe i have missed something though. Going off what their site says, its a day thing. But i see you are all camping. So when are you all camping from and to?
      Cheers,
      Clay.

Comment

29th June - Me and Linda will be setting up camp in Barmouth by mid Friday afternoon - coz its a three hour drive to get there!

Some of the others may do the same. There may, just may be some beer drunk.

30th June - Off roading all day Saturday (and the truck will have no camping gear in it)

Back to Barmouth for a BBQ and more beer.

1st July - Wander home on Sunday

Comment

So camping on the friday and saturday nights. Steady on with the 3 hour drive mate, have you seen how far Penryn is from there, HA? Its a good days drive for me as i would have to take in the sights en route. And all kit will be left the tents while out in the surfs. So ill speak to my boss on tuesday to get time off. If i can and if funds permit, ill come. Is that ok??
          Cheers,
          Clay.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
            So camping on the friday and saturday nights. Steady on with the 3 hour drive mate, have you seen how far Penryn is from there, HA? Its a good days drive for me as i would have to take in the sights en route. And all kit will be left the tents while out in the surfs. So ill speak to my boss on tuesday to get time off. If i can and if funds permit, ill come. Is that ok??
            Cheers,
            Clay.
            Of course its OK - check out your shifts and post back.

We were in Camborne off roading last September - not far from you.

Comment

I got a text today confirming my booking on the saturday for the off roading. it looks like they are sorting the numbers so if anyone else is interested in coming i would get your name down asap. you done need to pay when you book its just for the numbers etc.

Comment

I spoke to Keith tonight and booked a place on the Snowdonia Run, looking at the photographs on their website it looks like an interesting trip
                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Pete 4 Runner[/FONT]

Comment

So thats

1. Lovely Boyo
                  2. Hiroler
                  3. Heapy
                  4. Apache
                  5. 4 Runner

Is everyone planing to camp? we will be camping the friday and the sat! anything to avoid an early start..

Comment

Camping

Hello

This is the info I have had from http://www.hendremynach.co.uk

The costs as follows:

1 standard tent, 1 car, 2 people - bookable electric pitch £19.00 per night inclusive of showers
                    1 standard tent, 1 car, 2 adults and up to 3 children - bookable electric pitch £23.00 per night inclusive of showers

1 standard tent, 1 car, 2 people - non-bookable, non-electric pitch £17.00 per night inclusive of showers
                    1 standard tent, 1 car, 2 adults and up to 3 children - non-bookable, non-electric pitch £20.00 per night inclusive of showers

These pitches are on a first come first served basis, just turn up.
                    If you would like to book an electric pitch please forward your address and we will post all details asap. Alternatively, please telephone during office hours 01341 280262 to book with credit/debit card.
                    Kind regards
                    Margaret

Me and Linda will be camping Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Hello

I have just spoke to the owners. They are not expecting to be full that weekend (not holiday) and WILL take a telephone booking a couple od days before the event.

So I will sort that out closer to that weekend.

Comment

well guys i met Keith today and he says he will change the route so it runs from bala and will take in around 100 miles and end back at bala later in the evening,
                        he is doing this as a special for the forum.
                        if i can bring myself to getting the new surf dirty then i may think about coming along if not il join in with the camping/carvaning
                        John.
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Get the surf dirty thats what its for!! you can always take the easy route if there is something you dont like the look of!! and £10 in the jet wash will have it back clean again.

Comment

I'm working in N Wales Thurs/Fri and supposed to driving back on Fri Night but I'll see if I can get out of this and join up with you good folks for the weekend. Might have to bring the wife and crazy 18-month-old baby along!...

I'm staying near Capel Curig Wed/Thurs night ... Barmouth ... humm .. perhaps Sat night ... need plan ... more whiskey ...
                            where's this bit go then?

Comment

Bugger. Spoke to boss. Nobody is allowed that friday and or saturday off as its stock take. Gutted, i really wanted to go. It looks like a good day drive that. Sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                                well guys i met Keith today and he says he will change the route so it runs from bala and will take in around 100 miles and end back at bala later in the evening,
                                he is doing this as a special for the forum.
                                if i can bring myself to getting the new surf dirty then i may think about coming along if not il join in with the camping/carvaning
                                John.
                                Thought the plan was to end in Barmouth (where the tents will be!). Ending up back in Bala would mean another hours drive on the road to Barmouth after driving to Bala for the start of the run...

Yours confused!
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X