Scotland!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where were you all??

Had a good day today (sunday). Didn't see another surf? Went on easy route which had some interesting sections!!! Main problem for everyone was the deep ruts in the forest. Kia Sportage got itself in a ditch, then stuck in ruts and finally the guide's LR90 got stuck in other deep hole in a rut (he only had 2 wheel drive though as huge hole in his rear diff from Saturday).

Good atmosphere. I avoided some of the trickier sections. Main issues for me saggy behind and not being swb. Didn't need towing but took me 5 goes to have the confidence to gun it up a tricky section.

Fun, fun, fun.

Pics here, (not many of surf)

Photos

Videos here of Kia rescue!

Kia from ditch

Kia from ruts

Shame I missed everyone,

Dave

Comment

two surfs sat
      Mines went the easy route, last section of off road took 4 hours. Out of two defenders a landcruiser LC5 fully loaded, and my surf the only vehicle that did section without help was...... the SURF hehehehe

every other vehicle (including the guide defender!) needed towed / winched at least twice.

Without the surf and my mates landcruiser winch we would have been there all night.

Comment

Sorry never seen you today dave, i turned up late by 30 min's but met up with the not so shiny ones. Think we were ment to meet up at sand quarry at 3 but never happened.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend,first time i've done the two days.
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

hy fraser

What a brilliant day we had, pretty epic
          get in touch so we can exchange photos, id love the stuff you took in the quarry and at the end of the day. Stan and i had all the equipment working rescuing the landrovers hehehehe

surf ended up as lead vehicle because it was the ONLY one that was actually managing to make headway unassisted

regards
          info@osprey-graphics.co.uk
          0131 620 1606

Comment

Seems everyone had a good day. Well done Ian on not getting stuck! Neither did I right enough but I did leave some sections out..... not brave enough! If there had been a Surf in front with an experienced driver I think I may have followed.

Shame we didn't meet up, there's always next time!

Dave

Comment

Link to a thread with my pics and videos........................

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...547#post263547

Comment

Hey dave. Just been lookin at your pics again, how on earth did you get the map thingy?????????????????

Comment

I've a GPS that I just left sat on the dash recording where we went. Then I downloaded that info to my pc which has software that will overlays it on a 1:50k OS map.

I've the whole country in 1:50K and some chunks in 1:25K. The software will also show you an elevation plot and convert the maps to 3d views..... Here's the Ben...

Of course you can also plot a route on the OS map on the pc and then transfer it to the GPS for a day on the green lanes or simply have a laptop with you giving you realtime location on the map.

I'm a house hubbie now but BC(before children) I was a mountaineering instructor hence the maps etc.

I could if you're interested pass on a **copy**. You need a fair bit of memory. You can print any section of map off so no need to buy a map again....

Dave

Comment

Impresive stuff dave

I don't have a clue about the GPS stuff PDA etc etc. What does your set up include??
                    I like the idea of being able to track and do a map on an OS map like what you have done.

What do i need then????????????

Comment

another argyl day

hey
                      two mates and i were on this day and we have 4 vehicles for another weekend expedition.

Who do we speak to to organise it?

4runner, loaded and led the field at the end of last trip
                      LC5 fully loaded, big winch etc
                      LC5 novice
                      defender loaded like you wouldnt believe, 2 winches blah blah

please leae email or telephone and well arrange it.

regards

Comment

hey smithy

why dont you come too

Comment

Sent you an e mail Iain

Comment

count me in

i am coming both days and my m8 is coming on the sunday as he is working on the saturday cant wait should be a grate weekend

Comment

Originally posted by jeff_2k7
                              i am coming both days and my m8 is coming on the sunday as he is working on the saturday cant wait should be a grate weekend

It's always a good weekend mate.Plenty of fun to be had.

You mean this event????

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30979

Comment

Working...
                              X