Scotland!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Chambers Dictionary.....

"cosmopolitan adj 1 belonging to or representative of all parts of the world. 2 free of national prejudices; international in experience and outlook. 3 sophisticated. 4 composed of people from all different parts of the world. noun someone of this type; a citizen of the world.
    ETYMOLOGY: 17c: from cosmo- + Greek polites citizen."

I'll take that as a compliment then!

Dave

Comment

not a bad choice of word after all then , my first choice also started with c , and contained an n and a t , just like cosmopolitan , but it was only 4 letters long. Only kidding,
      Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
        Very welcoming reply from Ian. Should see you one day or the other depending on a possible shoot.

Cheers,

Dave

ps I gather they use CB channel 7 but I'll bring my PMR radios so if anyones got some we can bleather!

Yeah it's channel 7 they use. I've got a Cb in my truck,good just to listen to the banter Ian's a great guy and very helpfull, hopefully be a good turn out this time
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

If everyone thats going wants to post a pic of their truck and Sunday name it'll make it easier on the day to tell who's who...................

Here's me,Fraser Smith

Comment

landcruisers?

Im coming in my surf, my mate wants to bring his landcruiser, would that be OK?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by iainanderson924
              Im coming in my surf, my mate wants to bring his landcruiser, would that be OK?

regards
              I'll contact the organiser an see,it should be fine though

What kind of surf you got and what kind of land cruiser your mate got?
              It's just to detemine if you want to go on the 'shiny' drive or the more challenging drive.

Have you booked a hotel or anything for the weekend??

Just spoke to Ian the organiser and he says your more than welcome
              Last edited by smiffy; 13 January 2007, 00:35.

Comment

There's going to be a crowd!

I'm still not sure which day I'll make but if you've got PMR radios bring them along so we can tune in and be supportive/take the p***!!!

I think folk use CB 7 but being cb'less PMR next best thing.

Dave

Comment

There's going to be a crowd!

I'm still not sure which day I'll make but if you've got PMR radios bring them along so we can tune in and be supportive/take the p***!!!

I think folk use CB 7 but being cb'less PMR next best thing.

Dave

Whats are PMR radios??

Comment

PMR (Personal Mobile Radios) are cheap handheld radios, range of about 3 miles. You can pick them up cheaply all over the place. Its a European standard.

PMR radio info

I've a pair I use with the kids camping etc.

I'll be along on the Sunday. The names Dave, catch you there!!

Dave

Comment

Anyone coming fancy picking up a set of bullbars and spots?

Mine are up for grabs in the for sale section.

Bullbars + Spots

Dave

Comment

question about courses for smithy

the "may cause damage" course.
                        My mate and i are quite keen to try it or at least see it.
                        How severe is it would you say, compared to glentarkie for example?

Between us we have kinetic ropes, 5.5 ton winch, landcruiser is fully loaded with all the offroad gizmoz, my surf has bf mud terrains but only limited slip diffs

iain

Comment

pmr radios

we are bringing a pair, but not sure if they will talk to straight pmrs ours are aviation, we can try em all out before we start

cb's anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by iainanderson924
                            the "may cause damage" course.
                            My mate and i are quite keen to try it or at least see it.
                            How severe is it would you say, compared to glentarkie for example?

Between us we have kinetic ropes, 5.5 ton winch, landcruiser is fully loaded with all the offroad gizmoz, my surf has bf mud terrains but only limited slip diffs

iain
                            "may cause damage",the only damage i've done are a few scratches and their not even that bad. Ian,Bill and Fergus lead out the groups and they'll let you know of any bad bits if you ask them. I do the drives in my Surf,the first drive my Surf was standard with colway AT tyres. Quarry sections can be missed out as they loop back onto main drive. Some parts of the drive are deeply rutted, but soft ground if you bottom out so no damage there hopefully. You can't see the drives as they head into the woods,so if in doubt,go find out I did get stuck a few times but there's always someone there to help you out and everyone's friendly enough,even though i'm usually the only Jap amongst LR's. Been in the forest with a group of Freelanders to ,and the Surf's can take on anything and more that they can.

Here's some pics,you'll see my Surf in standard form as well and some links to video's
                            Oh CB's. I've got one and everyone uses channel 7.
                            http://video.google.com/videosearch?...l+forest&hl=en

Comment

Well me and my saggy bottom will be on the softies route......... why run before you can walk?

I can see you guys are well ahead of me on the experience front.

Dave

Comment

Well me and my saggy bottom will be on the softies route......... why run before you can walk?

I can see you guys are well ahead of me on the experience front.

Dave

Nothin wrong with the softie route,might do it on Sunday and see what it's like. think there is some added adventure in it as well i think.

See everyone on Saturday/Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X