X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont say the s word ul frighten me off lol

Comment

Originally posted by cyclist
      Hi How many have you got going? I am interested in coming too and you are right in my back yard. Not a hundred % sure I can get off on then. If I've got it right then it's 10 am in Ashford in Sainsbury's car park on the 23rd.
      That's right,

At the moment we got

Forum members:
      -Nero279
      -Summinelse
      -Plumb Bob?
      -Camone

Non-Forum:
      -Land Rover Hybrid?
      -Mi........ Pa.... (as a very loose possibility)
      -Hi-Lux Pickup (as a very loose possibility)

I doubt that either the paj or the pickup will come, but i've put them down as possibles anyway. It would be nice if the pickup comes as he's a very experienced off-roader and got a winch if we get into serious trouble (which we shouldn't) the hybrid will probably come in which case if someone get's really stuck he'll come back and get his 110 with a winch (if he doesn't get one on the hybrid this week).

Which gives us a probable 5, i would probably take six vehicles as one group, if we got more than that i'd split into 2. So there's plenty of room for more vehicles, keep us posted and let us know if you're planning to come.
      Last edited by nero279; 17 December 2006, 01:31.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by cyclist
        Some of the lanes are a bit overgrown, I scratched the truck on a hedge earlier in the week
        I'm trying to avoid the overgrown lanes, I know a few that are ok and should keep us going for a few hours. I've been looking at OS maps and wayfinder today trying to find some more that i hope to go and check tomorrow (sunday) or Thursday.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

You should be able to do the ascent to that mast up on the hills near Brenzett, GREAT views at the top.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            You should be able to do the ascent to that mast up on the hills near Brenzett, GREAT views at the top.

Trev
            There's a hill near brenzett???
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            -
            Sorry,

i think i know the one you mean, i read about it somewhere a while back, but i've never run it.

I know a very scenic lane on the side of a hill near crundale church, but it's the reason i got a very scratched truck, it's a really nice scenic lane that drops steeply down a hill on a left hand side slope, turns almost back on itself and climbs again up the side of the hill then drops away again and traverses it on a bit(ch) of a right hand side slope. It really has got some awesome views, but it's also got hawthorn all down one side, which doesn't like shiny trucks. I don't think the 3rd gen boys'd be impressed.

Do you know the grid references for that lane you said about?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

OK, been out today and run a few new lanes, 2 definitely too scratchy for this trip, 1 ok so we got one more lane we can run out of it, got another 4 or 5 to check on thursday, but it's lookin like it should be a good day out.

I'm thinking of changing the meeting place as sainsbury's is gonna be packed saturday morning b4 christmas.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

will we still be meeting at the Sainsbury's? Or is there somewhere better and less crowded?

Comment

Yeah we'll just stick with Sainsburys, i'll post a map later on for anyone that doesn't know where it is. That way if anyone needs fuel or anything there's sainsbury's, halfords, and a petrol station there.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Have you got room for 1 more??
                    Bit of off road experience , full recovery gear and a winch.
                    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Yeah go for it jotto, i was hopin someone with some with a bit of experience was gonna come, especially when we went out on sunday and the hybrid was only firing on 6 cylinders.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...0151_langId_-1

if this works it's the map stolen from the halfords website, if not the postcode is TN24 8XH for anyone with sat nav, or warren retail park if you want a street name.

I'll try and get in the car park opposite halfords, between halfords and the petrol station coz it's normally the clearest one and it's easy to see as you go in.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

yup i know where that is ian. so ill see yas saturday morning there

Comment

Been and looked at some more lanes today, unfortunately one was blocked at the end by a mound at one end that could probably be driven over, but being on my own i thought better of it, one has a prohibition order on it, and one was too narrow by far. But we still got a few hours worth i would've thought, and if we get through them too quick we can either run them again in the opposite direction, or go run some on the other side of ashford.

My mobile no, in case anyone needs to contact me saturday morning is 07843 443898,

Summinelse - It'll do the surf good to have a wee bit o mud on it, protect the paintwork for the winter.

Jotto - Camone was looking for someone to travel down with, i dunno if you wanna meet up en route?

Plumb Bob - you got your truck up and running?

Camone - See 'Jotto'

Hawk response - take it you still can't make it?

Cyclist - surf or work?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Hi nero, yup trucks running, although exhaust blows a bit, but I'm ready to go and will see you all at sainsbury's at 10am on sat .

Can I bring my dog, he'll get lonely without me all day?? he he!
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                                Can I bring my dog, he'll get lonely without me all day?? he he!
                                Yup i got no problem with mutts, i thinkin of bringin mine out for his first off road experience. The one on the right (he's a gentle giant), -the one on the left was a police pup we was walkin for a while who wasn't quite so gentle.
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X