No announcement yet.

Kent lanes over christmas or new year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent lanes over christmas or new year?

Anyone down this way fancy a trip out over the holiday period?

If anyone's interested in a greenlaning trip somewhere in kent, probably ashford area as i know some of the lanes round here, but will go somewhere else if people prefer. I can do 23 or 24 december, boxing day, or new years day. New years day is probably the best for me, but could do the others.
    Then let me know-
    1-what dates you can make or would prefer?
    2-if you're a shiny and don't like scratches? (that's not meant to be derogatory btw i just can't think how else to put it)
    3-how much experience you got off road?
    4-what recovery equipment you will bring? (again doesn't matter i can sort this out)
    5-is your vehicle standard or offroad prepped at all?

If no one's interested or about then fair enough.

Open to any other 4x4 vehicles if you got friends or if you wanna bring something other than a surf. I may have a paj and a landy coming out anyway.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

yeelllo ian go awn il joins ya for a wee drive in the country as i need to stop being such a tart with me baby and get her dirty. ( but if poss nothing to rip out under bits pleasseeee lol )
    im going to salisbury barring any major problems so the practise will do me good as u know im a complete novice.
    as for mods i got none( well none of any practical usage), got at tyres bout half way through life on front but should be adequate.
    i got a very nice tow type rope yesterday and a couple of shackles ready for salisbury but ready for anyfing really.
    im off all over crimbo but crimbo day a no go for me as my butt would be raoasted by me misses as were going to the outlaws for dinner.
    (be nice if they bought their surfs along as well )
    as for destination il leave it in ur hands matey i dunno anywhere to go in truth. and ur only half hour away from me.

Comment

Hi Ian, I'd be interested, dates not a mojor problem, as long as my surf is out of the garage and running ok by then ( should be ready by this weekend really) with new head, new suspension and tyres.

I'll keep you informed.

BTW I don't have any recovery eqiptment yet, and my off road experience is limited. ( Hey, how hard can it be??? he he he.)

Clive.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Recovery equipment / experience is not a problem at all, as i'll try and plan routes to suit what we have. I will have to get out again and check some more routes in the area i'm planning to go, as some of the ones we've done before were seriously scratchy when we ran them at the end of the summer, the vegetation may have died back making them more feasible, but there's some good lanes round there aswell that are less scratchy and more fun.

At the moment looking at starting in the wye/brook area and skirting round ashford either to the north or south.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

I wanna play but live in cornwall and am working most of christmas . I keep seeing surf drivers in saltash and in plymouth but there does not seem to be any on here that i can go play with! will have to get my printer sorted and print off the calling cards for the forum! i am pretty much new to offroading bone a bit of green laneing and drining throught muddy bogged down fields, got no recovery equipment at the mo (like to live on the edge ) got bfg allterrains 4" total lift and as for scratches the more the better!!! can help clean the mud off!!

Sorry for the thread hijack but i WANNA PLAY. good luck in organising your run!
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Off Roading in Kent

Hi Nero,

I would like to join in if there will still be some room for another surfer.
            I have done a few lanes, but I would say that I am still a rather inexperienced off roader. My truck is bog standard with road tyres and no mods at all. But so far I have not had any problems at all.
            Don't really have any recovery equipment, but do have a decent tool kit in the back so I can bring that along just in case.
            I can do just about any day except boxing day.

Comment

The more the merrier as far as i'm concerned, if we get too many we'll split up into a couple of smaller groups.

Either 23 December or 1st January are looking like the best dates now, as a mate not from the forum (landy driver) gonna be away boxing day and busy on 24th.

Any preferences for either of these dates?
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

23rd top banana for moi. as the 1st not sure id like to chance driving in the morning just incase im still over the limit. too risky

Comment

I will go with the flow. Either day is good for me. Will anybody else be driving down from Sarf London? If so could I join the train?

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
                    Will anybody else be driving down from Sarf London
                    no one else from up that way yet as far as i know, but you're welcome to drag others along.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

would like to play if pos. if surf is fixed at Tonys by then prefer new years day as working the rest, standard surf, a/t tyres, can bring recovery ropes.
                      4m standard. 8m kinetic. first aid kit.

Comment

I'm gonna go for 23rd for this trip, but will more than likely be going out new years day aswell, i'll keep you posted.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Right, Provfiding the weather stays fairly dry and the tracks aren't going to be ruined by us driving them. Then we're on for next saturday.So:

23rd December.

What time do people want to meet? I was thinking about 10

Where do people want to meet? Is it easier to meet in Ashford somewhere? Sainsbury's car park is always good as it's just off the motorway, petrol station there, and we don't gotta go through the town centre to get to/from there. I can post a map if you like (TomTom doesn't show it in the right place), but if you wanna look search simone weil avenue in multimap.

I'm planning a few routes today and tomorrow, but there may be some that i don't get to check properly, as i don't have anyone around to come out today in case i get stuck. Obviously if we get to one and it looks dodgy we can miss it out but i'm hoping to at least go and look at the start and finish of each lane and see what it looks like.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

yup 10 am at sainsburys sounds good to me. i know a bit of ashford so should'nt be a problem and i will look back to see if u revise any details good sir.

Comment

Hi How many have you got going? I am interested in coming too and you are right in my back yard. Not a hundred % sure I can get off on then. If I've got it right then it's 10 am in Ashford in Sainsbury's car park on the 23rd.

Some of the lanes are a bit overgrown, I scratched the truck on a hedge earlier in the week

Comment

Working...
                              X