Muddy Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
    Do the Surfs leak in deep water. I only ask because I well remember a friend driving his RungeRaver through a river, and sitting in water up to his waist whilst doing so? The motor was still running though....all the way to the middle!!

Cheers

Rob G
    Mine doesn't (yet...)
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Food for thought

Originally posted by Koi
      Mine never leaked at norfolk but I did get a very small amount of leakage at Reading and the water was way deeper for longer at Norfolk and I stood still in it for quite a while.
      Having now checked it all out I think it was down to some muck caught in the rubber seals, so If on inspection all the rubber seals look in good nick and are clean you should be OK.
      Had a thought about that one Koi. When I looked at all the crap that we got from reading around the doors I started to wipe one of the door shuts with my finger. It was not just dirt. It was like very fine sand. I then thought about the presure from the moving slug around the Surf whilst still moving. I think the sludge presure is more than the water. Where as water will be dispersed on single point contact the little bits of grit in the sludge may not. Thus holding the seal up off the door shuts. This may cause a build up and and let more past.

Prof Knowitall
      Last edited by rubblebags; 4 January 2004, 18:16.
      Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

drill thousands of tiny holes in the floor so the water can easily drain away!
        it's so simple, it took a genius like me to think of it!!

(the REAL prof. knowitall)
        (and i can spell sludge)
        hehehe!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman

(and i can spell sludge)
          hehehe!!
          or use a 21 year old Japanese truck cab, my trucks not nicknamed 'teabag' for nuffin!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Having spent probably longer than anyone in the deepest part of the water in Norfolk I can safely say the seals on the Surf are very good.

The water was above the foot of the doors for probably 10 or minutes or so while I awaited rescue!!

Apart from a lot of "sloshing" noises after being puled out, which I presume was where the chassis had filled up with water, and a little bit of muddy dampness in the drivers footwell there was no real wetness to speak of.

And, may I add, thank f**k for that!
            Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            "You Sir are drunk!"
            "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman

(and i can spell sludge)
              hehehe!!
              thanks for the spell check, where were you at 3.47 this morning when I needed you. Looking for some pro-plus like me.

Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                thanks for the spell check, where were you at 3.47 this morning when I needed you. Looking for some pro-plus like me.

Geoff.
                struggling with my drill!... the carpet fibres kept jamming it up!
                but i can underseal from inside now!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Now there's a thought carpet coloured underseal.
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                  X