Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devils Pit 23rd January.

Anyone going?

The Zook might finally make its debut but failing that, I am suffering terrible withdrawal symptoms and will have to get the Surf muddy.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Anyone going?

The Zook might finally make its debut but failing that, I am suffering terrible withdrawal symptoms and will have to get the Surf muddy.

If I get the pick up back on the road I'll be there.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

whats up with the pickup nigel?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        If I get the pick up back on the road I'll be there.
        I was telling my brother about the symptoms you were suffering after the pit in December. He said that it sounds like you may have a tiny perforation in the fuel line, before the pump/filter, which is just big enough to suck air in but not leak any diesel. I assume you will have been down this route.
        I had exactly the same symptoms on a diesel transit but they don't have a primer, so I was having to bleed the injectors every 5 miles, until a friendly RAC guy told me to ignore the owners manual and to stay in lowish gears and thrash it home. That way, he said, the air bubbles will still cause the engine to die but you will have enough inertia to keep going when some more diesel finds its way into the injectors. I wasn't even a member of the RAC!!!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          whats up with the pickup nigel?

Suspected duff diesel pump
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

i COULD BE PERSUADED TO DRAG THE ZUKI OUT OF THE GARAGE
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

hmmm maybe us too could drag the zuki up, duff starter and/or batt terminals right now though.
              Tim

Comment

Could be a day out for our zuki too, providing the new tyres get here in time.

Comment

'The Vagrant' is still dead , new clutch , alternator and wiper linkage needed . Might be allowed out to spectate though .

Rick
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

you dont need an alternator - we havent got one
                    Tim

Comment

or wiper linkage...its gonna be a luverly day

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
                        or wiper linkage...its gonna be a luverly day
                        It was sunny this day at the Pit !

Rick
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                          It was sunny this day at the Pit !

Rick
                          I didnt say it wouldnt be muddy did I? Where's your sense of fun Rick? bring along a squeegee and chisel instead...

Comment

I dont think I'll be at the right end of the country that weekend....

but judging from the above entries........ i dont think after just buying the Surf that I can afford it

not sure I could afford the trailer, let alone the zook!
                            Or did I get it wrong?.......is this the zook club? but there is a prerequisite that you have to buy the best trailer puller (Surf) as an accessory?
                            Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
                              I dont think I'll be at the right end of the country that weekend....

but judging from the above entries........ i dont think after just buying the Surf that I can afford it

not sure I could afford the trailer, let alone the zook!
                              Or did I get it wrong?.......is this the zook club? but there is a prerequisite that you have to buy the best trailer puller (Surf) as an accessory?
                              Its a bit like being single and then getting married . Some seem to buy the Surf and them marry a Zook to the back of it !

Rick

PS The basement is too cold tonight and Koi broke the light bulb to keep us out .

Comment

Working...
                              X