Devils Pit 23rd January.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    That would be good if we can have it . Do you have a spare clutch , wiper mech and 2 new rear tyes ?
    Need to spend a bit of time on the Zook to get it back to a usable condition . We would be greatful for the alternator so that it is one less thing to do . With my mum passing away and the Mac 4x4 coming up I am concentrating on daeling with these things at the mo . I will fix the Zook soon but not just yet .

Rick
    The alternator was chucked in the back of the Zook with a spare gearbox and some other bits. I'll have it in the back of the Surf on Sunday and you can take it from the pit.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      errrrm :beg: if you dont want it can we join the queue for an alternator for our 413
      or if anyone has got one how much?
      As I offered it to Rick first, to be fair, he has first refusal.
      I also have a Ford Sierra alternator but I haven't had a measure up yet to see if it will fit. I know people do all sorts of alternator upgrades, twin batteries etc..........
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Don't think I will make this date now, unless things change but I doubt it.

OH I have some elastic bands if you need them
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          As I offered it to Rick first, to be fair, he has first refusal.
          I also have a Ford Sierra alternator but I haven't had a measure up yet to see if it will fit. I know people do all sorts of alternator upgrades, twin batteries etc..........
          I wasnt trying to nab it off him - had already seen he had his eye on it. If not let us know
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I wasnt trying to nab it off him - had already seen he had his eye on it. If not let us know
            I understand m8. If Rick doesn't want it you can have it. Failing that try a scrapyard, apparantly the alternator from the Suzuki Carry van and several other Japanese cars will do the trick.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks Phil we are greatful for the alternator . As I normally find most parts due to my line of work I have failed finding the alternator . I have a couple of Lucas ones but they are to long to fit on the 410 but may fit the 413 . If I find/get another 410 alternator I will return it to you so Tim can use it .

Ta
              Rick
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

cheers lads, once I get an alternator and redo the battery terminals we should be finished. You say they might fit a 413? We running a 413 not a 410... any ideas?
                Thanks
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

cheers lads, once I get an alternator and redo the battery terminals we should be finished. You say they might fit a 413? We running a 413 not a 410... any ideas?
                  Thanks
                  Theres a Vitara one on eBay but it has 6 days to run.

I was under the bonnet of a Mitsubishi (I had the radiator and electric fan) and the electrics were all Nippon Denso, as they are on the Surf and the Zooks, so it's worth a look around. There are components on the Surf that are stamped Suzuki..............really.... .........I'm not kidding.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Im sorry guys cant make it Shubie is off the road having the turbo rebuilt unless anybody wants some company to ride shotgun with a camera....
                    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                    X