Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help.

Any one know of a way to get stains out of my awining. It went away dry but has come out stained. Some of it wiped off but there is still alot of black staining left. Awing people say no can do. It appeares to have sweat in the caravan. Every time I sat in the awining I couldnt help but stare at it.

Not a very happy Rubblebags at the moment.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

• Originally posted by rubblebags
      Any one know of a way to get stains out of my awining. It went away dry but has come out stained. Some of it wiped off but there is still alot of black staining left. Awing people say no can do. It appeares to have sweat in the caravan. Every time I sat in the awining I couldnt help but stare at it.

Not a very happy Rubblebags at the moment.
      Luton Caravan Centre had a spray on their shelves for removing mildew from canvas. I don't know how good it is or even if it works but I guess it is worth a go.

Tip: I always throw one of those large bags of Silica Gel crystals into the awning sack. We put them in the cable terminating boxes at work. Haven't had a (mildew) stain yet. You can also get breathable awning/groundsheet storage bags for £3.99 each.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

• Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Luton Caravan Centre had a spray on their shelves for removing mildew from canvas. I don't know how good it is or even if it works but I guess it is worth a go.

Tip: I always throw one of those large bags of Silica Gel crystals into the awning sack. We put them in the cable terminating boxes at work. Haven't had a (mildew) stain yet. You can also get breathable awning/groundsheet storage bags for £3.99 each.
        Cheers Phil will give it a go.

Geoff
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

• Very useful info but new awnings are not made of canvas as they use ACRYLICS but stains are still an issue. my BRADCOT arrives the 1st week of August i hope, as thats the Cornwall holiday but HARRINGTONS have said they will let me borrow one, they will also deliver it to me free of charge
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

• 3 Weeks on friday the new caravan is all ready to go to the land of CREAM & PASTIES. That new Awning had better arrive or else
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

• Look out Hayle he's on his way.

Are you attempting to sneak in on friday night and avoid the welcoming party Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

• Originally posted by rubblebags
                Are you attempting to sneak in on friday night and avoid the welcoming party Geoff.
                2am Saturday morning is when i hit the M6 southbound then M5 - A30
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky
                  2am Saturday morning is when i hit the M6 southbound then M5 - A30
                  First one there buys the drinks.

Geoff
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

• Got to get some sleep in when i get there, so i wont be around till sunday
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

• Hey... its the first time i've been down here on the forums!
                      Quite a lengthy thread on caravans and towing but I read it all.
                      Did'nt realise so many of you were tin tenters.

We're off to France with our Abbey Stafford a week on Thursday
                      Ian
                      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

• enjoy it mate. my new ABBEY SPECTRUM 5* hotel on wheels is the biz not found the cocktail cabinet yet though LOL
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

• just about to get a 1991 compass rallye gte 400/2 and i have read this impressive thread with intrest but no one has mentioned additional trasmission coolers , who has one fitted and who dosent? i spoke to a muckineck and he reconed the surf should not need one. comments?
                          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

• Originally posted by surffreak
                            just about to get a 1991 compass rallye gte 400/2 and i have read this impressive thread with intrest but no one has mentioned additional trasmission coolers , who has one fitted and who dosent? i spoke to a muckineck and he reconed the surf should not need one. comments?
                            some people have fitted one others have'nt my 2.4 is standard & im pulling 1500kg or 1 1/2 tonne the cornwall trip on 7th august will tell i suppose, although i go up to north yorkshire a lot with no problems.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• surffreak ive got an additional cooler fitted, i dont know wether it does actually need one or not but i wasnt going to chance it i know everything is heavy duty on a surf but you just never know, all i can say is much the same as many who tow ive been on several trip away now and the temperature gauge never fluttered and it never worried up hill's, going to Paignton on the 13th of august around 315 mile from where we live so if its going to make that it'll go anywhere.
                              if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• I'm going to be travelling 470 miles (excluding the ferry crossing) towing 957Kg plus all the gear. (1200Kg max)
                                Furthest i've been before using the Surf is 100 miles.

Hopefully all will be well.
                                Ian
                                One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                                X