No announcement yet.

Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah i did all of the neccessary thing viscous fan, thermostat, rad cap, coolant etc when i first bought it to the point of complete paranoia to prevent the cracked head.
    Dint stop it happening though

Replaced them all again whilst the head was replaced again to try and play safe.

Comment

• if I were you id leave ECT on all the time and dont take the OD off. as soon as the engine labours too much it will kickdown easily so no advantage taking out of OD yourself. just dont try and rush around, i have done before and all that happens is you revs lots and change gear lots.
      my 2.4 seems happy at 55+ and keeps the momentum for the hills a bit.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

• i know mines a 3.0l but i dont do a thing to it anymore only watch the rev counter when going up hills, i never take it over 2500rpm its enough for the turbo to be kicking in and not too much strain on the engine, the engine is a auto it sorts itself out ive done this now for the last few years and not had any problems, it does manage about 55 up the steep his over the pennines so its doing summat right, but i did have trouble the first time i went to Devon when i tried to drive the car like a manual and used the gears instaed of letting the auto box sort it oh and i gunned the engine big time dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtydog
          if I were you id leave ECT on all the time and dont take the OD off. as soon as the engine labours too much it will kickdown easily so no advantage taking out of OD yourself. just dont try and rush around, i have done before and all that happens is you revs lots and change gear lots.
          my 2.4 seems happy at 55+ and keeps the momentum for the hills a bit.
          Same as me i only drop out of O/D when descending down a hill.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, so its leave the overdrive on, ect power on, and stick to 2500 revs around 55 mph.

Thank~you

Comment

• Booked into st ives holiday park today but theirs no pitches for my Caravan so weve got a static for 2 weeks instead for the 1st 2 weeks in August.
              BRING IT ON!
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

• my uncle is going to stay there aswell Mark at about the same time as you so will probably see you there
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  my uncle is going to stay there aswell Mark at about the same time as you so will probably see you there
                  Well i'll be in my new 3rd GEN SURF.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

• Where is evereyone heading to for the whit break, i think we are off to Hornsea east Yorkshire.
                    Me and my Ten year old son love cycling and going out in his dingy so that will keep us happy, dogs will love the beach so that will keep them happy.
                    Wife is never happy so i dont have to think about what she wants to do

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkwind
                      Where is evereyone heading to for the whit break, i think we are off to Hornsea east Yorkshire.
                      Me and my Ten year old son love cycling and going out in his dingy so that will keep us happy, dogs will love the beach so that will keep them happy.
                      Wife is never happy so i dont have to think about what she wants to do
                      I'll give you a wave, we will be just up the road at Skipsea, at the moment we're booked on at Mr Moos (I know I know) but due to the inclement weather we are trying to book on at Skirlington Leisure Park as there is a bit more to do in the wet.
                      Sunday morning there's a decent size market/car boot at the Far Grange site next door, that's usually good for cheering wives up
                      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• Going to Little Walden in Essex for 5 days fishing, then up to Banham Zoo in Norfolk for another 5 days. I'm sure I can find some fishing there too.
                        [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

• Originally posted by paulh
                          I'll give you a wave, we will be just up the road at Skipsea, at the moment we're booked on at Mr Moos (I know I know) but due to the inclement weather we are trying to book on at Skirlington Leisure Park as there is a bit more to do in the wet.
                          Sunday morning there's a decent size market/car boot at the Far Grange site next door, that's usually good for cheering wives up
                          We are off to one of the camping and caravan clubs temporary holiday site, site needs to be as cheap as possible after the cost of repairs to the surf.
                          I`ll keep my eyes peeled for your 1994 3ltr ssr-x ltd and give you a wave.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkwind
                            We are off to one of the camping and caravan clubs temporary holiday site, site needs to be as cheap as possible after the cost of repairs to the surf.
                            I`ll keep my eyes peeled for your 1994 3ltr ssr-x ltd and give you a wave.
                            We're members of the C&CC also but we're going with the tourer caravan club next weekend, couldn't get on at Skirlington, they are hoping for as many cancellations as poss because the site is waterlogged.
                            Looks like it's going to be a welly weekend even if the weather changes for the better.
                            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• I wonder whats its like towing with a 3rd GEN Intercooled SURF i'll let you all know what the comparison is to a 2.4.
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky
                                I wonder whats its like towing with a 3rd GEN Intercooled SURF i'll let you all know what the comparison is to a 2.4.
                                I got a gen 3 but no IC and pull a Bailey Ranger 4802L and it has more than enough power. Perhaps not quite as stable as it could be at times but nothing too serious, just can get a bit wallowy, you just MUST have the suspension on hard and get uprated springs. The only problem is that it is too easy to get too much speed on, especially on the motorway. Great fun to find a big hill though and the accelerate away up it!
                                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                                X