Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Had To Get Away

Due to the stress of moving House i went away for a few days back to PICKERING in YORKSHIRE with my new CARAVAN here are some piccies.
    In the last pic where you will see a bald spot this is were SHIP camped when we went to LANGDALE QUEST shame it hasnt grown back
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

• Marky, what happened to the Abbey Spectrum? Did the lure of a new van get to you as well?
      Mike G

Comment

• Originally posted by Tallyman
        Marky, what happened to the Abbey Spectrum? Did the lure of a new van get to you as well?
        It sure did. My lad is growing up fast & the single/bunk was getting too small so bought a fixed bunk 6'3 so he's got lots of room.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

• We caught that bug 2 years ago when we got fed up of having to make the bed up every night in the old Eccles Diamond. The new Bordeaux is sooo much easier at night. Just crawl into bed whenever you feel like, no chucking cushions around and it's so much more comfortable with a proper mattress.
          Mike G

Comment

We caught that bug 2 years ago when we got fed up of having to make the bed up every night in the old Eccles Diamond. The new Bordeaux is sooo much easier at night. Just crawl into bed whenever you feel like, no chucking cushions around and it's so much more comfortable with a proper mattress.
            JEALOUS mate honest. It sure is a pain.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

• And I get to test it out again next week. Off to the Peak District (Blackwall CC site) on Saturday. This is the fourth time away this year. Been away each Bank Holiday so far. Hope the weather is better next week. The Surf is going to be loaded up this time as we're taking the bikes and the full awning for the van.
              Mike G

Comment

And I get to test it out again next week. Off to the Peak District (Blackwall CC site) on Saturday. This is the fourth time away this year. Been away each Bank Holiday so far. Hope the weather is better next week. The Surf is going to be loaded up this time as we're taking the bikes and the full awning for the van.
                Try the High Peak trail at Tissington.Pedal north very slight up hill slope and go as far as you want as you can almost freewheel back. The tea room at Tissington is also good.

Comment

• Originally posted by marky
                  Due to the stress of moving House i went away for a few days back to PICKERING in YORKSHIRE with my new CARAVAN here are some piccies.
                  In the last pic where you will see a bald spot this is were SHIP camped when we went to LANGDALE QUEST shame it hasnt grown back

it wasn,t me guv, honest, was like that when i got there,

NOT GUILTY

Comment

• Just to add to this thread, i recently towed a twin axle Horsebox with two large horses in. The total weight was approaching 2000kgs.
                    The Surf towed it admirably.
                    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

• Hi Misterg, we are definitely going to do the Tissington Trail. Already had a look on the web for the area and it looks good. We'll see how far up we can get, weather and the wife's unfit legs permitting!
                      Mike G

Comment

• Caravans and towing and things

First of all I am flogging my old caravan as it has never been used by me. If you fancy a bargain take a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Secondly we have bought a new one!! Any advice on towing, towbars and electrics gratefully received. I have read loads of threads but if anyone has helpful advice then it will be very gratefully received.

This is what we have bought:

http://www.lunarcaravans.com/caravans/lexon_spec.htm

Its the Lunar Lexon CS, a 2004 model.

What are the recommendations for any mods to a 3.0 Surf? Do I need to worry about towbar height (its a Witter), cooling etc

Oh, and I am off down to France again next week...without the caravan. I just hope the air con keeps working...bronzy bronzy!!

Cheers

Rob G
                        Last edited by wibblywobbly; 30 June 2005, 07:32.

Comment

• MPTLM = 1400KG You will not have a problem towing this mate.
                          Towbar will be at the correct height when fitted. No mods unless you want a bigger Transmission Oil Cooler.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• Thanks Marky

Thanks Marky.

It seems that you do a bit of towing abroad, do you fit mirror extensions as they are a legal requirement in France and other places? The Lunar is wider than most and I am wondering whether the standard jobbies are going to give me a decent view behind.

I am also wondering whether anyone has fitted reversing sensors or a remote CCTV to the back of their van. They would have to be wireless, so I am wondering what the options are?

I have to confess that the van looks huge, so I am going to be very wary towing it. I should also mention that we only went into the caravan shop to buy a portaloo and while I was umming and ahhing over whether to spend £59.95 on one, the other half says 'shall we take a look at the caravans that are here?'. We walked out £13,000 worse off!!!

Ho hum....women eh?

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

• Ive not Towed abroad as yet maybe next year Mirror extensions are a legal requirement according to the LAW. PAULH has fitted wired rear camera to his Caravan it looks very good.
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

• Went to the storage compound today

The van will be stored at a vast storage compoung outside of Bristol, we took a stroll round today and noticed that many of the vans hadn't been moved for years, and there were some very old relics that had just been left to rot.

I asked the owner how old the oldest van was? He told me that one guy had put a caravan in there in 1980, had never used it and still paid the annual storage fee???

The mind boggles!!

Comment

Working...
                                X