No announcement yet.

Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont forget folks to book a all important service for your van just had mine done £85 job done.... can recommend Alan to anyone in the west yorkshire region does on site if allowed or home or will take and bring back whatever you want and he is very very good 07751591799
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• Mines all done including warranty work etc. Bring on the SUNSHINE
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

• come on Marky we dont need sunshine just a few clear days will do, after all we live in England the place where the sun never shines

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly
          come on Marky we dont need sunshine just a few clear days will do, after all we live in England the place where the sun never shines
          SUNSHINE would be nice for a change
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

• Nose weight !!!

Can anyone tell me what is the nose weight limit on a 3.0D surf (1995)auto ? I tow an abbey spectrum 520 i dont think its a problem but i was just curious ! Also any good ideas to beef up the back end for towing (seems to sit down a bit) as i am on standard suspension.
            Last edited by dave 30d; 5 February 2005, 20:41.
            [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

• The cheapest and easiest way to beef up the rear end is to replace the rear springs with the stiffer ones that you can pick up at either Millers, Roughtrax, or LA Supatrux. You will need spring compressors, axle stands, and a couple of jacks to do it, but the change is amazing.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• yup £40 for the pair from milners and they sort the saggy arse out, as for max tow weight its something in the area of 2500kg but i'm sure marky will know exact, obviously your van wont trouble it.
                Last edited by firefly; 5 February 2005, 23:52.

Comment

• DAVE glad to have another Abbey Spectrum owner on here.
                  I have fitted MILNERS 20% Uprated rear springs as mine were becoming sloppy £40 for the pair & there is a huge difference when towing.
                  http://www.milneroffroad.com/KZN130.htm
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

• Hi Marky i have looked at a lot of your threads you seem to know your stuff.
                    I am new to surfing i have had it about seven months up to now with no probs. I had a paj 2800 about 3 years ago (good piece of kit) and an elddis crusader but it all had to go (relationships !!!) since then i had a vectra sri and a bailey pagent but that was to small so i bought an abbey spectrum 520 an have converted it to a luxury 2 berth by ripping the back end out an fitting a double fixed bed etc iv also ripped the front end out and made an L shaped living area (im not mad it what i wanted but couldnt find anything that ticked all the right boxes) iv got fitted tv dvd and even central heating not bad for a 1995 caravan !
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dave 30d; 11 February 2005, 01:41. Reason: Show picture

Comment

• I used to have a BAILEY RANGER which was fine but i wanted bigger & better.
                      The SPECTRUM is like a 5* hotel in comparison.
                      Attached Files
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

• Got new alloys 8x15 with General Grabber AT2, Got new rear springs from milners and got a new set of ES9000's from Explorer fitting them this week so bring on the nice weather and lets go caravaning!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dave 30d; 22 February 2005, 00:10. Reason: add pics

Comment

• Originally posted by dave 30d
                          Got new alloys 8x15 with General Grabber AT2, Got new rear springs from milners and got a new set of ES9000's from Explorer fitting them this week so bring on the nice weather and lets go caravaning!
                          QUITE RIGHT. Im fed up with this cold weather
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else has put this up before now but here is a link to Towsure's Expo web site 10% off everything and free delivery. Fill your boots chaps won't be up for ever.

http://www.towsure-expo.co.uk/
                            [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

• I went to the storage on Sunday to see our caravan. It's bone dry inside and everything is in order. The only problem is the outside. It is stored under the only large tree on the site. The tree is used as a roost for !!!!ehawks judging by the large deposits on the roof. There is a good layer of green algae too, despite giving it a good polish before putting it away . That is another good reason to invest in a pressure washer.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfraRed
                                I don't know if anyone else has put this up before now but here is a link to Towsure's Expo web site 10% off everything and free delivery. Fill your boots chaps won't be up for ever.

http://www.towsure-expo.co.uk/
                                cheers mate! i just stocked up tonnes of spares - free delivery too! bonus!
                                Tim
                                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X